UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Jiu-jitsu THROWS

2/8/12 9:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirty Grappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A short clip of a couple of jiu-jitsu throws...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7stVQ2sLEI&feature=g-upl&context=G280ec77AUAAAAAAAAAA
2/9/12 1:19 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so, are we to be impressed with what amounts to just about an adult green belt?

and, are you throwing on puzzle mats???

and, who in the heck taught you guys how to grip or have any posture?
2/9/12 10:27 AM
Dirty Grappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Joshua, what a prick you are... I guess it is true, you "judokas" do have sticks up your asses...
2/9/12 12:55 PM
jayflo145
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OooOOOOOooO...I am excited to see whats coming here...
2/9/12 12:56 PM
Spartan79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't you post a YouTube clip for it to be viewed and commented on ???? Be it good or bad. Not everyone will go (wow that was AWSOME) ! Sorry bud. Phone Post
2/9/12 1:22 PM
Dirty Grappler

Point taken Spartan... It is what it is...
2/9/12 3:34 PM
karpo

Resnick is an angry midget but I can understand why you pushed his buttons. The throws were OK. Few years of competitive judo training and normal person can do them.
However, in the video your body language tells that you believe that you performed very well, maybe at the expert level.

This would not have been strange for a grappling beginner, but it looks that you have a bjj bb and this makes one to assume that you should know better.

I know myself mundial level guys who have not much better throws, but they know it very well.

Also naming the video "jiu-jitsu throws" and then posting on a judo forum makes it sound that you maybe believe that the things you performed are somewhat exotic or not standard for judokas on the forum. The truth, however, is that most of the judokas who travel the int. circuit have interacted with many many grappling styles way before things like bjj or whatever begin to appear anywhere.

2/9/12 4:01 PM
Dirty Grappler

This was just a short clip of a couple throws done "off the cuff"... It was by no means a "look what I can do better than you" kind of thing. It was more of an "anti BJJ buttscooter" thing. I am a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and had a wrestling and sombo background before jiu-jitsu so I don't mind doing takedowns in the least... However, I think is was an oversight on my part thinking that some competitive judokas wouldn't have taken it as a slight or a jab. This wasn't the intent. That's why I posted it on the BJJ forum as well... Like I said before, it is what it is...
2/9/12 4:38 PM
dynamo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where did you study sambo?
2/9/12 4:45 PM
Dirty Grappler

I competed in sombo in the USSA. There were not many, the last one of mention was the USSA Nationals at the American University in DC (in conjunction with USA wrestling)... There were no "sambo/sombo" schools (or many to speak of in the 90's). I also competed in judo in the USJA and belonged to Judan Judo of Ohio when I did... In all fairness though, some people use judo in judo and some people wrestled in judo. I was one of those people who wrestled in judo and sombo competitions...
2/9/12 4:49 PM
dynamo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was American University or George Mason? I competed at Sambo Nat'ls at George Mason but it could have been another year.
2/9/12 4:56 PM
Dirty Grappler

I'll be perfectly honest, I HATED the way USSA "SOMBO" ran their tournaments and their rules sucked ass... I drew a D-1 wrestler from Old Dominion University first round. I took him down a couple times and hit a flying armlock and tapped him out (his arm popped and he screamed). Because he was standing when he tapped the armlock was illegal (according to USSA PRES. Mark Densberger). I said bullshit and was warned for my mouth. Lloyd Irvin was standing at my corner of the mat watching me shouting instruction. After "injury time" I scored another takedown and "pinned" him in a hold down (max 4 points)... At this point I had to transition and was unable to submit him. He proceeded to score a nice throw and a couple takedowns. I basically lost and didn't understand the rules... Lloyd agreed with me that the rules were messed up and that's why he preferred the "combat sombo" rules better... I should have listened to him. Reguardless the dude from OD went on to win the National Title and I got sent home... I don't know if the international sambo rules are/were this messed up still but I was pretty pissed...
2/9/12 5:00 PM
Dirty Grappler

It was at the American University
2/9/12 5:00 PM
Dirty Grappler

It was at the American University
2/9/12 5:01 PM
dynamo

I agree. At some point the USSA was seriously considering taking all submissions out of sambo. Don't think they did though.
2/10/12 9:27 AM
thePetester

in all seriousness, is your website sfw? Dirtygrappler.com is probably going to be flagged anyways if I go to it, but if there is nothing but grappling stuff it won't matter.
2/10/12 10:09 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DG-The throws show you are comforatable with your standup game in reference to jujitsu and you maintained control after the throws for follow-up. Like you said that is what it is. I did not take it in anyway a reference to judo because the opponent in the demonstration had no gripping/poor posture. So it wasn't a judo throwing demonstration in the BJJ context. So please don't catagorize all of us.
2/10/12 10:16 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't being a prick... I was giving you some shit. I really don't give a damn if you think you are good or okay or craptacular. I simply did not know what you wanted from any of us in regards to the video.

You posted a video without any statement of relevance. Did you want critique? Did you want us to name that throw? Did you want to eat a piece of humble pie? Did you want us to tell you that you should go compete at the US Nationals or next E-level event near you...?

You just posted a video of what I honestly would grade out as an adult green belt level and......? Do you not want us to be honest or lie to you? Yes, the throws are OKAY... which means to me that they are green belt level.

and, you still did not answer the other two questions i asked. I am honestly concerned for safety if you are on puzzle mats. Heck, i know several people here who have great mat systems that they built who would love to help you design a better surface if you are going to be throwing like that.

If I was interested in being a prick to you I'd say something like...

I was throwing better than that when I was 9. You went to Judan Judo in Ohio? They might not want you to advertise that very much-- it would be bad for business, even non-profit business. Are you also using that video as a way to audition for your next bouncer gig?

... I asked you 3 honest questions. maybe a bit direct with them, but they were honest and you gave zero indication of anything with that video. it is your own damn fault.

If you want to discuss any further the idea of a stick up somebody's ass, well, that's maybe fun for you behind closed doors with whomever you have a loving relationship with. I support the right for people who marry whomever they wish.
2/10/12 11:03 AM
Dirty Grappler

JoshuaResnick - I wasn't being a prick... I was giving you some shit. I really don't give a damn if you think you are good or okay or craptacular. I simply did not know what you wanted from any of us in regards to the video.

You posted a video without any statement of relevance. Did you want critique? Did you want us to name that throw? Did you want to eat a piece of humble pie? Did you want us to tell you that you should go compete at the US Nationals or next E-level event near you...?

You just posted a video of what I honestly would grade out as an adult green belt level and......? Do you not want us to be honest or lie to you? Yes, the throws are OKAY... which means to me that they are green belt level.

and, you still did not answer the other two questions i asked. I am honestly concerned for safety if you are on puzzle mats. Heck, i know several people here who have great mat systems that they built who would love to help you design a better surface if you are going to be throwing like that.

If I was interested in being a prick to you I'd say something like...

I was throwing better than that when I was 9. You went to Judan Judo in Ohio? They might not want you to advertise that very much-- it would be bad for business, even non-profit business. Are you also using that video as a way to audition for your next bouncer gig?

... I asked you 3 honest questions. maybe a bit direct with them, but they were honest and you gave zero indication of anything with that video. it is your own damn fault.

If you want to discuss any further the idea of a stick up somebody's ass, well, that's maybe fun for you behind closed doors with whomever you have a loving relationship with. I support the right for people who marry whomever they wish.

To answer your questions:
1. I really don't give a shit if your impressed or not... The video was more of an example of BJJ guys doing something other than scooting on your ass

2. As you know, posture as relates to judo is much different than jiu-jitsu (stances are much lower like wrestling)... You know this from seeing any jiu-jitsu tournament. BJJ guys stay much lower to the ground and rarely stand in a more upright posture as seen in judo... Apples and oranges bro

3. Are you fucking blind? Those mats are black TATAME mats. Where to you see puzzle mats? There is 2 inches of mat under my feet in that clip...

No one is trying to prove they are better than throwing than you. I do my thing and you do yours...

Karpo was right, you are an angry midget... And you were friends with me on FACEBOOK but apparently you bailed there as well. Which leads me to my question about you. I have 5000 friends on there and am VERY opinionated about a lot of different subjects (which you are obviously as well). Why the hell didn't you ever comment on there? I would have welcomed some good, healthy debate... Don't tell me you were not or cannot remember being on a FB page called THE DIRTY GRAPPLER, because I remember you and if you say different your full of shit...

Either way, no one is trying to piss in your Cherios. You just need to dig the cactus out of your ass and lighten the fuck up...
2/10/12 11:25 AM
Dirty Grappler

To answer the other question, DIRTYGRAPPLER.COM is not up. I have secured the domain name but when life gets in the way projects like websites get put on the back burner...

And no, I won't categorize all judoka the same... Everyone is different. It just appears that Joshua and myself are like oil and water... So be it.
2/10/12 11:30 AM
Dirty Grappler

Edited: 02/10/12 11:30 AM
2/10/12 1:47 PM
raleigh

DG I don't know how you thought this was going to end well....

My thoughts? Do Judo and BJJ enough and you will really realize they are both the same thing. same principles standing apply to matwork.
2/12/12 8:43 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The benefit of this forum is to share judo experiences and to promote judo. Many of us have trainied many years some with more success in the sport that others. But our passion is still the same. Many of us have crosstrained in BJJ and recognise the sport for its appeal and popularity in the US. The similarities and differences betweem judo/BJJ can be so vast but the common theme is they are grappling arts. My comments are to promote the well being of both sports. Though in my heart judo is toughest most proven skilled at the world class level when compared to BJJ. But this has to do more with the evolution of the sport than the athletes themselves. In the end I welcome comments/posts from BJJ ers. It offers me chance to share my perspective and to see/hear theirs.
2/14/12 1:07 AM
JoshuaResnick

the stances in bjj are what they are due to a lack of overall skill in standing taught in most bjj academies. simple as that. if you watch some of the best guys in the world, youll see something slightly different from what you state-- depending in the division, naturally.

now... as to why i removed you from my facebook... it was damn ass annoying to have you spread whatever molecule of what ever bragging you wanted to do every 3 seconds. i'd log on and every saingle day, what seemed like half a dozen different "im so great, im dirty! and we are the best!" posts were literally vomited on my wall. you may be okay with people judging you that way, if your ego requires it, that is.

i gave you crap. deal with it. you deserved it, at least somewhat. i wouldnt go to a wrestling or bjj website and post a video of my with some "imma badass" look to my face and turn somebody into an armlock 4 times, walk off the screen and shut it down. Especially not unless I was asking for some type of critique. I might say something like "proof that some bjj guys can throw. what do you think i need to improve on?" or "proof that not all bjj guys are butscooters... what do you think?"

but, noooo. you didnt have the foresight for that. so, you got smacked a bit and had a tantrum with the tiny ego issue that you have.

truth be told.. fine. have at it. be "dirty" and dont improve on something you can actually improve a lot on... all because you wanted to brag about how awesome you are.

lol
2/14/12 6:28 PM
Dirty Grappler

JoshuaResnick - the stances in bjj are what they are due to a lack of overall skill in standing taught in most bjj academies. simple as that. if you watch some of the best guys in the world, youll see something slightly different from what you state-- depending in the division, naturally.

now... as to why i removed you from my facebook... it was damn ass annoying to have you spread whatever molecule of what ever bragging you wanted to do every 3 seconds. i'd log on and every saingle day, what seemed like half a dozen different "im so great, im dirty! and we are the best!" posts were literally vomited on my wall. you may be okay with people judging you that way, if your ego requires it, that is.

i gave you crap. deal with it. you deserved it, at least somewhat. i wouldnt go to a wrestling or bjj website and post a video of my with some "imma badass" look to my face and turn somebody into an armlock 4 times, walk off the screen and shut it down. Especially not unless I was asking for some type of critique. I might say something like "proof that some bjj guys can throw. what do you think i need to improve on?" or "proof that not all bjj guys are butscooters... what do you think?"

but, noooo. you didnt have the foresight for that. so, you got smacked a bit and had a tantrum with the tiny ego issue that you have.

truth be told.. fine. have at it. be "dirty" and dont improve on something you can actually improve a lot on... all because you wanted to brag about how awesome you are.

lol

Bragging? On Facebook? Really? Did you pull that out of your ass or did someone help you make some shit up? Your so full of shit it's not even funny... I am no better than anyone else and state that repeatedly. I talk shit on our government, politicians, organized religion, and a variety of other topics that have NOTHING to do with me...

There is no talking to you... Flame on angry midget...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.