UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Is lin for real?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/9/12 8:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kamran
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a great story so far but how long will it last?

Some of you understand basketball at that level, is this guy the real deal?
2/9/12 11:56 AM
Floppy Divac
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was just about to make a thread about him.  Really happy for the kid.  I've seen a few bits on him from when he was with the warriors for a little while.  He's a bay boy played at palo alto high school.   I don't know if he's gonna be able to keep doing this but I'm incredibly happy for him and hope it keeps up.
2/9/12 6:10 PM
east
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knicks fan here.  Lin's performances have been remarkable because they haven't involved fluke shooting.  The team looks a lot better with a PG who can actually dribble towards the basket.  Its even more impressive that he's done it with a supporting cast consisting of Chandler and a bunch of fringe players.

However, I see a number of holes in his game.  He hasn't demonstrated the ability to dribble left consistently and his jump shot has a slow release (soft touch though).  I wonder how the Knicks and Lin will look when opposing teams give them more zone looks. All that being said, he put up great numbers, resulting in wins, against two top PG's in Deron and Wall. 
2/10/12 12:35 AM
PTM2020
1872 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm lovin his underdog story and liked his style when he was witht the warriors.

but I think the teams will start treating him as a 'player' now and put more emphasis on d'ing him up.  his numbers should go down but maybe not.  
2/10/12 12:48 AM
EKPOGI
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

always been a fan since watching his highlights from Harvard and schooling Wall in the summer league game.being an asian from the bay area been rooting for him.imo it's for real,but I assume once Melo and STAT comes back his ppg should at least go down.
2/10/12 7:52 AM
dangerboy12
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is quick, fast and smart and plays for Dantoni, so he has that in his favor.

But sometimes he looks clumsy with the ball.
2/10/12 9:38 AM
Kamran
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He hasn't demonstrated the ability to dribble left consistently "

So why dont they defend him accordingly?
2/10/12 8:23 PM
IgnorantDeadline
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like it!
2/11/12 2:20 AM
PTM2020
1872 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy crap.

that chinese dude sure did a number on the laker defense tonight and they did put some emphasis on containing him.  uh oh.  I have a feeling the kid will keep it up and keep putting up numbers.
(until melo comes back   ;  )

I'm actually liking his overall game.
2/11/12 2:23 AM
PTM2020

This man will put  an end to the hypetrain!!

2/11/12 3:05 AM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He definitely raped LA. :(
2/11/12 3:07 AM
EKPOGI
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later on today,matchup of the year,Lin vs Rubio
2/11/12 12:14 PM
jaywill
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow mamba
2/11/12 1:27 PM
Windfall
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carmelo - most overrated player in the league. 7th in scoring. 39.9% FG. Offers nothing else.
2/11/12 10:33 PM
EKPOGI

had a war vs Rubio but still had the game tying assists and go ahead free throw for a come from behind win on the road.

20pts 6rebs 8ast

knicks-5 wins and no losses since Lin has been unleashed
2/11/12 11:06 PM
EKPOGI

2/12/12 8:23 AM
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ lol...

But coicidentally Chris Child had the same come out party as lin did during the 90s. but not at the same impact though. Lin is Asian and a novelty.
2/12/12 1:08 PM
EKPOGI

^when the fuck did that happen?he dropped 20+pts 5 wins in a row without Ewing and Allan Houston?
2/13/12 5:21 PM
east
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Ward but no one in the history of the NBA (since the merger) has scored this many points in his first four starts, nor has anyone gone 20-7 for their first four starts (not to mention going 5-0 with an under .500 team with two stars and a key backup out for almost all of it).
2/13/12 5:38 PM
stillmatic
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he's proven he is a legit NBA player.  Last season, people were saying he only had a roster spot because he was friends with the Owner's Son and because he was Asian playin in the Bay Area.

I love that he's proving the doubters wrong.  I've followed him since Harvard and he's made massive strides in becoming more of a Point Guard.  He used to be a combo guard that could play the 1 occasionally, but was always a slasher from the wing primarily.  I think it's pretty incredible he's been able to make this transition into probably the toughest position to play for an inexperienced player.

His shot looks kind of ugly, but it goes in.  His pull-up game is solid and he can make that shot enough to make the D respect it.  As far as going left is concerned, he does it well enough.  Every player has a strong hand preference anyways.  You almost never see Kobe go left either, he's always dribbling to his right.  You still can't stop him even if you know this.

I'm not going to put a ceiling on how good he can become, he's surprised everyone.  Nobody could have predicted what he's done.  The skill and ability are for real, there's no smoke and mirrors to what he's doing.  Believe me, teams are game planning around stopping him when you look at the rest of the team and he's still doing his thing out there.  I think at worst he's a capable starter for some team out there or a 6th or 7th man on a good team.  He's a game changer out there.
2/14/12 12:58 PM
Floppy Divac
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ that gif!!!
2/14/12 11:00 PM
Kneeblock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now that I have him starting for the Knicks in NBA 2K12 they're killin it!

But my worry is that he's going to be another Devin Harris who sort of comes out of obscurity, slashes his way to the starting position, signs to be a front man for a smaller market team and then fizzles out.  

We'll see the impact Carmelo being back has on him, but that game winning performance after a game that was mostly a dud tonight definitely earns his props.  To walk on the court a few games ago and display that level of clutch is impressive.
2/15/12 2:00 AM
MadDog243
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As someone who played the PG position I definately think he is for real. He is fundamentally sound in every way you want your facilitator to be.

Im no fan of the knicks but Ive really been enjoying watching him succeed and think this is great for basketball. Gettin sick of the Tebow comparisons though...the Lin story is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more compelling.
2/15/12 3:17 AM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you happy for D'Antoni, MadDog?
2/15/12 1:59 PM
Floppy Divac

The Kings will silence this noise tonight!!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.