UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> The poster mafia connection thread!!!

2/9/12 8:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the chip guy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/16/12 3:38 PM

I would like to propose an idea that I talked to another member here about the other day for quite some time.

I think we should form a group of collectors who are willing to go to major MMA events in their local area and pick up items for other group members, whoever picks up the items would sell them to other group members at or very close to the cost to buy and ship them.

I know a lot of people here already do this and mucho thanks to them for doing it!!!! but it would be freaking awesome if we could double of triple the # of people who do. When the UFC goes to England, Australia or Europe they almost always do a local version of the event poster *rare*, having connections to those would be great and I know just from the UK guy's thread that they would like a reliable way to get hooked up with stuff from here in the states too.

This idea also comes from my intense hatred of the way aseenon runs theufcstore.com, it kills me to send my hard earned dollars to them and i'm sure some of you guy's who got dicked around with on the Rio's can agree too.

If your in just post what area you can cover. We could probably use 5 to 10 guys for Vegas or Cali, so don't be afraid to double up on the same area. If a bunch of events go by in your area you haven't gone to one I guess you would be out, but we'll deal with that on a situational basis. I know we all have lives that trump this poster collecting game.

I'll edit this first post ever time there is a new member.

So who wants into the poster mafia?

1. chip guy - Minnesota 

2. Coop - Indiana and sounding area 

3. billy bufflo - the great province of Quebec 

4. kimuralock - CT (if ever) and New England 

5. aces taylor -  Seattle-area, maybe Portland too! 

6. RitchieGreaser - San Diego, Los Angeles and some of Vegas too. 

7. fightpimp - NYC and Boston 

8. Jeepdog - Florida and where the airplains will take him! 

9. Gem city - Ohio. 

10. Rew96 - Alberta 

11. Dawggy - DC metro area

12. thegreatpigeon - UK/western Europe

13. Dino -  Chicago maybe St. Louis and Milwaukee

14. bigbubbano - NYC/Boston maybe Canada.

15. aznbala -  Portland and Seattle

16. jadawg69420 - Texas!!!!!!

17. JKING - Omaha, NE (if ever)

18. Malcolmdogg - Toronto area and Montreal

19. Mayhem13 - Ohio and local stuff

20. ricksongjj - Ohio and anywhere else he can!

21. bongwater7654 - Boston 

22. Craan - Vegas
2/9/12 8:52 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am in. I don't go to a lot of events though

Coop Diddy - Indiana and surrounding states.
2/9/12 9:07 PM
the chip guy

Edited: 02/09/12 9:37 PM
CoopDiddy - I am in. I don't go to a lot of events though

Coop Diddy - Indiana and surrounding states.
I go to a lot of local shows but the big shows don't come my way to often either... hopefully when one does the stuff will be sought after and the guy who always takes can give back big time! It's still good to have someone in every state, province and region.... maybe not Kenya Africa but someone in Sweden would be huge right now!  
2/9/12 9:10 PM
billy buffalo

It would be a pleasure to cover the province of Quebec for the Mafia :)
2/9/12 9:14 PM
kimuralock

They don't come near me anymore, as they don't come to CT. However if they ever come near New England then i'm in.

2/9/12 9:15 PM
aces_taylor
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in, for sure. Pacific Northwest. Seattle-area. But can go as far as Portland, OR. Phone Post
2/9/12 9:25 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty much already do this but i go to every show in san diego, Los Angeles and a good portion of vegas shows. Count me in
2/9/12 9:29 PM
fightpimp

NYC and Boston
2/9/12 9:30 PM
the chip guy

RitchieGreaser - Pretty much already do this but i go to every show in san diego, Los Angeles and a good portion of vegas shows. Count me in
hell yeah, you've hooked me up a bunch of times!!! :-) Hopefully you can get paid back for all of your hard work!

2/9/12 9:41 PM
jeepdog
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I go to a lot of shows. I'm in Florida but travel a lot I'm in.
2/9/12 10:16 PM
Gem City

I'm in for ohio
2/9/12 11:15 PM
Rew96

I'll be living in alberta in a few months, so i got you guys there, and maybe not right away but i can probably cover Van city when i start to get a cash flow going
2/9/12 11:29 PM
Dawggy
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm down for the DC metro area. UFC on FX 3 is coming back to my alma mater (GMU) in May, after being at the Verizon center in DC in october. Seems more events will be coming here from now on. Once NYC legalizes, I'll be heading up there as well.
2/10/12 3:48 AM
thegreatpigeon

I'll be going to any UK/western Europe events when I'm not away at work. Great idea btw.
2/10/12 4:11 AM
D1N0

I'll do it, but don't really want to for big orders. There's times were I just don't have the cash to front unless it's given before. I've traded and bought posters for board members here.

I'm here in Chicago, but travel to St. Louis frequently also because of family. Milwaukee isn't far either. I attend every major org that comes here or surrounding states.
2/10/12 8:56 AM
fightpimp

I vote Chip as the Treasurer of the Mafia, he will keep track of the cash that we all send to him and then disburse it to the buyer before the event so they "have cash" and don't have to font it.
2/10/12 9:33 AM
bigbubbano

NYC/Boston as well and if i got to any other one like canada or something i will let you guys know.
2/10/12 10:15 AM
fightpimp

Montreal is a maybe as well... depending on the timing.
2/10/12 10:42 AM
aznbala

Not too many events here but I'm in Portland and Seattle is very close.
2/10/12 11:24 AM
jdawg69420

I can cover UFC events in Texas.
2/10/12 11:26 AM
JKING
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am in. Omaha, NE (not much going on here...) Phone Post
2/10/12 12:19 PM
Malcolmdogg
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm here in the Toronto area, I haven't missed an event in T.O. Or Montreal, I'm down to help out. Phone Post
2/10/12 12:39 PM
Mayhem13
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since Ohio is covered, plus I always have a hard time graphing/buying at big events cause of how strict they are with where media is at all times..

I can offer up all NE ohio local events...not sure if anyone is interested but there are local shows up here with UFC vets Forrest Petz, Jeff Cox, Jason Dent,Dan Bobish and current UFC fighter Stipe Miocic all the time..and the posters are always cheap at shows Phone Post
2/10/12 3:28 PM
ricksongjj

I'll help if I can in Ohio or at least try and help people get posters if I find them from someone else.
2/10/12 8:26 PM
the chip guy

D1N0 - I'll do it, but don't really want to for big orders. There's times were I just don't have the cash to front unless it's given before. I've traded and bought posters for board members here.

I'm here in Chicago, but travel to St. Louis frequently also because of family. Milwaukee isn't far either. I attend every major org that comes here or surrounding states.

If you are a well established member here i.e. blue name, multiple smooth trades and a solid ebay track record you should always be fronted the cash by the person wanting to buy.... unless it's a really new guy like thegreatpegion (nothing against you) the new guy should front the cash and earn his stripes by picking up stuff for members.

Sound cool?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.