UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TRT's ok with a prescription but weed isn't, why?

2/10/12 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Maldini2706
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both are used to treat legitimate medical conditions so how come taking steroids which are 100% PEDs is allowed with a script but weed (whose PED status there is much debate about) is not allowed. Seems like a pretty warped system. Phone Post
2/10/12 2:52 PM
paganist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great point!
2/10/12 2:54 PM
MMApostle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because weed is illegal and can't actually be prescribed.
2/10/12 2:56 PM
JackFunk
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paganist - great point!

I said this last night, wtf eh... You can inject Test, but you can't puff a little herb.
2/10/12 2:57 PM
scarfacedave
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/12 2:57 PM
I couldn't agree more and the AC is fucking retarded.

TRT is a fucking scam and an absolute advantage.

Being high is...well...being high!!!

The problem, medical marijuana isn't technically legal. The state of California legalized medical marijuana, but the federal government still recognizes it as a schedule I drug. So the state of California won't enforce the federal law. However, since weed is technically still considered by the feds to have no medical purpose a weed card will not protect you in employment screenings or anything else that doesn't have to do with law enforcement.
2/10/12 3:00 PM
jason73
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cuz the old guys that make the rules use trt on their shriveled up old nutsacks but weed is for hippys and liberals
2/10/12 3:01 PM
NotJustA12er

MMApostle - Because weed is illegal and can't actually be prescribed.
Not in 209 ! Phone Post
2/10/12 3:01 PM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My guess, TRT prescriptions can be filled out in every state. Weed is only prescribed in a few, and is illegal in Nevada, where they tested Diaz.

Just cause a substance is prescribed legally somewhere, doesn't mean it's legal everywhere. Just my guess though.

And I've been smoking dope practically everyday for 5 years. It's nowhere close to being a PED, and shouldn't even be tested for.
2/10/12 3:02 PM
Strykr619

Maldini2706 -  Both are used to treat legitimate medical conditions so how come taking steroids which are 100% PEDs is allowed with a script but weed (whose PED status there is much debate about) is not allowed. Seems like a pretty warped system. Phone Post

Simple answer, Marijuana is still a federally banned substance. TRT is not. 

/thread. 
2/10/12 3:03 PM
NotJustA12er

If a doctor says he needs weed then an athletic commission should not ask him not to smoke weed . That's retarded.

Does Diaz have a doctors prescription or not ? Phone Post
2/10/12 3:04 PM
jaytrainwreck
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there any other organization besides NSAC that claims Marijuana to be a PED? This sentiment is just absolute lunacy. Phone Post
2/10/12 3:14 PM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually just watched the documentary "How Weed Won the West". A bunch of legal medical dispensers got raided by FED's. Just cause it's legal in the state, it only means the state can't charge/bust you. There is nothing stopping the State from calling in the FED's to take care of the LEGAL weed dispensers.

As a Canadian, I just laugh at Amuricah's drug laws. You have had your "war on drugs" for years now, and there is 10x the drugs circulating the streets now, then there was when the "war on drugs" began. And the drugs are cheaper and more potent then weed.

By the way, if weed was more available and cheaper, I doubt you guys would have so many meth heads and crack whores. Why pay 10$-15$ for a gram of weed that lasts an hour or two, when you could get some crack or meth for 5$ and be high for a days? A good tab of Acid will have you tripping balls for 12+ hours for around 5$.
2/10/12 3:46 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it's a technicality, but....how could you have TRT without a prescription? That would just be taking synthetic test, not TRT.
2/10/12 4:17 PM
bhealthy

zuffa management didnt get swole due to cannibus
2/10/12 4:29 PM
jbapk

Because drug testing regs have very little to do with actually stopping drug use more to due with presenting an image to the public.
2/10/12 4:44 PM
Chappie
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/10/12 4:44 PM
Great question. The state athletic commissions are governmental bodies regulated by the states so federal law should not matter. Obviously every individual state athletic commission has the ability to formulate their own independent rules and regulations, but it seems a little non-sensical for states like Nevada and California to allow fighters to use TRT which overly aids in athletic performance, but to prohibit the usage of marijuana and other recreational drugs which obviously do not. Marijuana may be lawfully used with a prescription in Nevada as well as California.
2/10/12 5:06 PM
ghostmaster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was saying something similar earlier a year is far too long for puffing weed. I can understand the safety angle the commission take where someone shouldn't be stoned with fighting an can agree with that. But is that what happened here? Surely u can't actually fight stoned?? They should disregard the fact that someone is stoned in a general sense and restrict it to a few hours or so before and during the actual fight. I'm still confused how long before the fight do u think he was getting high. Phone Post
2/10/12 5:49 PM
bhealthy

who wants to buy some "TCH > TRT " tee shirts?
2/10/12 5:50 PM
bhealthy

ooops..."THC > TRT" *faded*
2/10/12 6:00 PM
UGCTT_Blake
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhealthy - ooops..."THC > TRT" *faded*

I'll take one extra medium.
2/10/12 6:08 PM
DiscoNfrno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass argument.  Your body doesnt naturally produce weed.
For fuck's sake stoners....get it together.
2/10/12 6:11 PM
Greenup
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ghostmaster - I was saying something similar earlier a year is far too long for puffing weed. I can understand the safety angle the commission take where someone shouldn't be stoned with fighting an can agree with that. But is that what happened here? Surely u can't actually fight stoned?? They should disregard the fact that someone is stoned in a general sense and restrict it to a few hours or so before and during the actual fight. I'm still confused how long before the fight do u think he was getting high. Phone Post
Could have been weeks but I think he said 10 days he would be clean for tests. Diaz said this in 2009 I believe so he either didn't quit in time or it was jusy a trace amount. Phone Post
2/10/12 6:11 PM
goku

dont ask this question...i did and got my thread moved to the OG
2/10/12 6:12 PM
goku

Strykr619 - 
Maldini2706 -  Both are used to treat legitimate medical conditions so how come taking steroids which are 100% PEDs is allowed with a script but weed (whose PED status there is much debate about) is not allowed. Seems like a pretty warped system. Phone Post

Simple answer, Marijuana is still a federally banned substance. TRT is not. 

/thread. 
so does NSAC test for every federally banned substance?

2/10/12 6:14 PM
Smurphy
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy TRT's aren't illegal on a federal level such as the green dope. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.