UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miller opens as 2-1 favorite over Diaz

2/10/12 4:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

His brother, Nick, may be dominating headlines thanks to a positive drug test and looming suspension but Nate Diaz has a big fight coming up against Jim Miller in the main event of UFC on Fox 3 on May 5 in New Jersey.

And he's the underdog.

According to noted oddsmaker Nick Kalikas on his MMAOddsbreaker show, Diaz is the +190 dog to Miller, who opens as the -250 favorite for their lightweight bout that should serve as a number one contender match.

read entire article...

2/10/12 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Diaz! Phone Post
2/10/12 4:44 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in a 5 round fight... and with those odds, there is value on Diaz.
2/10/12 4:46 PM
Winston Wolf
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im going to take Diaz by too much reach
2/10/12 4:48 PM
Acidic

I think im a drop a few bucks on Diaz myself.

2/10/12 4:48 PM
Hocky Balboa
10765 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Diaz thread not about Nick Diaz?

This will be a great fight. Phone Post
2/10/12 4:49 PM
Suess
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nate looks really good lately but don't sleep on Jim Miller.  that dude is a beast in his own right.
2/10/12 4:50 PM
croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I would have thought more people would have agreed. I mean Miller is a grinder, like when Nate fought Rory. I wouldn't say 2-1 for Jim though but I would think Jim has the slight end in this one.
2/10/12 4:50 PM
caposa
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge fan of Nate but I can't disagree with this line, Jim Miller is as tough as they come.
2/10/12 4:51 PM
kluvison28

I expect Miller to win this in a fight that looks similar to the Guida/Diaz fight.
2/10/12 4:55 PM
frederic
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I eagerly await Connmann22's potty mouth and Caesar Gracie's protest and criticism after the fight.
2/10/12 5:04 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah this could definitely turn out like Diaz vs Guida. Phone Post
2/10/12 5:05 PM
supersonic
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate seems to be pretty dialed-in lately and should have an answer, i hope to be grounded/humped to a dec. On the feet i see Miller having nothing really to offer

2/10/12 5:07 PM
bjjmosh24

I may not be positive who wins this fight but I guarantee it's going to a decision. Phone Post
2/10/12 5:11 PM
jds13

I don't care for him, but Nate Diaz is a hell of a fighter. I'd put money down on Diaz in this one.
2/10/12 5:12 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

betting on Diaz no matter how much I love Jim
2/10/12 5:13 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odds make sense to me....WAR Miller! Phone Post
2/10/12 5:29 PM
Rookie Fighter

However you feel 2-1 Is good odds to bet on Diaz like him or not just like the giants superbowl bet Phone Post
2/10/12 5:35 PM
1analytica1no1critica1

I dont think miller will lay and pray on diaz, the ufc does not give title fights to boring fighters unless the fans are behind him.

nobody dislikes jim miller but nobody realy gets excited when hes fighting imo
2/10/12 6:15 PM
Jack_Bauer
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate Diaz at +190 is good value. Jim Miller's most likely chance at winning is by lay and pray decision. I give Diaz the edge in the stand-up. Miller doesn't have great striking and doesn't really have knockout power, especially against Diaz who has a good chin. Miller usually beats good opponents by submission, but he will have a tough time submitting Diaz on the ground.

The play is either Nate Diaz at +190 or if you think Miller wins, you might as well take him to win by decision for better value.

Either way, this seems like one of those fights that could have a different result with 5 rounds than it would with 3.
2/10/12 6:21 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grimsgrindgg - I hope Nate beats the piss out of Miller for 5 rounds. I actually like Jim, but Nate deserves this, when Nick hurts, I'm sure Nate hurts, they're tight. Nate please take this shit out on Miller on FOX. ¡DIAZ LA GUERRA!

Nate deserves this because Nick is hurting?

What the Miller family has gone through is 100X worse than losing a close fight and getting caught with weed

cmon son.
2/10/12 6:33 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -
grimsgrindgg - I hope Nate beats the piss out of Miller for 5 rounds. I actually like Jim, but Nate deserves this, when Nick hurts, I'm sure Nate hurts, they're tight. Nate please take this shit out on Miller on FOX. ¡DIAZ LA GUERRA!

Nate deserves this because Nick is hurting?

What the Miller family has gone through is 100X worse than losing a close fight and getting caught with weed

cmon son.
Word. Phone Post
2/10/12 6:51 PM
un3rgr0und

Nate will have to shown an improved ability to stuff his opponent takedowns or he will surely get taken down and then he will be working for submissions off his back
2/10/12 6:53 PM
keepthechange

This fight is going to be amazing. Id like to see a diaz fight on every ufc card
2/10/12 7:14 PM
Herbish1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jim Miller comes to fight every single time. He always looks to finish. He adopts the submission before position philosophy so calling the only way he wins is a lay and pray is absurd.

I am a huge Diaz fan as well, but if Nate deserves this because Nick lost a close decision and popped positive for weed, what does Jim deserve?

For those who have no idea - http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.wordpress.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.