UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> CFB Borden BJJ?

2/11/12 5:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to be on a 6 week course in Borden soon and was wondering if there is anywhere to train bjj? I'm flying in and won't have a car.
2/11/12 10:32 PM
AndrewMcInnes
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come check out Musashi Martial Arts, we have a lot of guys from Borden training with us.

www.musashimartialarts.ca
www.andrewmcinnesbjj.com
2/11/12 11:04 PM
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks.
2/12/12 1:26 AM
molsonman

Edited: 02/12/12 1:26 AM
The new question is does anyone drive from Borden to Barrie to train at Musashi Martial Arts?
2/12/12 1:50 PM
Slurminho
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Empire MMA, also located in Barrie is always welcoming to military personnel.

www.empiremma.ca

I live just outside of Borden but can't guarantee a ride (work full time + at the gym). There are a few guys on Base that make the trip, I could ask around. When does your course start?

Come check us both out. Can't go wrong with either gym, got nothing bad to say about Musashi. McInnes is a stud and they have Sonny Nohara (Drysdale Blackbelt) coming next weekend for some classes, I plan to drop in for at least one of those days.

2/13/12 1:05 AM
Dammit
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out http://teamlks.com/ too. We're a Gracie Humaita affliate and Trevor Lewis is a black belt under Royler. We got a couple black belts, a few purples(myself included), and a bunch of blues.
2/17/12 8:38 AM
ArmyJitz

Edited: 02/17/12 8:39 AM
All of the clubs in Barrie are good from what I've seen. Too bad there aren't any clubs on base. I've seen a lot of people at the gym training jitz, mma, kickboxing though. Depending on your course, you might not have time to train. Have you thought about improving your strength & conditioning while on course?
2/17/12 8:50 AM
Dougie
840 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTeh
2/17/12 9:23 PM
molsonman

I plan on continuing my strength and conditioning while there. The course won't be too bad for time, it is a 6 week specialty course for my trade. Wouldn't mind training bjj while I'm there but if travel and time are a problem it won't be the end of the world.
2/24/12 4:32 PM
Grantbrothermma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have had some military people join our gym who are stationed in Toronto. They are very welcome here and we have special pricing for military personnel. So, those in CFB can find training partners.
3/1/12 5:29 PM
molsonman

I appreciate all the info.

I'm pretty much stuck on base but if anyone wants to roll or drill at the gym just send me a message. Phone Post
3/17/12 5:21 PM
Slurminho

Check your inbox. Let's roll!
6/19/12 7:59 PM
Spygirlie

Hey guys, I am in exactly the same situation, I arrive in Borden begning of July, is there any chance I can get in on your rolling?
6/20/12 4:09 PM
MusashiDojo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Musashi Martial Arts welcomes CFB Borden personnel. We have a few guys from there training with us at the moment. Come by and grab some rolls with us while you are in the area.
11/24/12 12:41 PM
Tony Manifold

Edited: 11/24/12 12:42 PM

I am heading to Borden next week. Which of the gyms is the closest to the base / easiest to get to? I like the Musashi Judo/ BJJ club concept but at least for the first 6 months, ease of getting there will be heavily factored in.

Also how many millions of dollars does it cost to training at these academies? I really miss my 40 dollar a month judo club sometimes :(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.