UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Anyone got a Paul Booth tat?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/12/12 12:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cycklops
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just curious. Your experience?
2/13/12 5:02 PM
MichaelVronsky
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have some paul booth design that i picked out of flash at my local shop like 15 years ago. he's a dickhead by pretty much all accounts both in and outside of the industry.
2/14/12 7:20 AM
cycklops
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But from what I understand a super talent, no? I like the style
2/14/12 10:29 AM
MichaelVronsky
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i personally consider his work to be pretty remarkable. It is however, a very very specific aesthetic and its definitely his own. artistically he may get criticism for never coming out of his box but nobody really does it like him. At one point he was kind of a 'trend' in the tattoo world but not so much anymore and i think a lot of people are kind of over it.
4/7/12 12:45 PM
OBgrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MichaelVronsky - i personally consider his work to be pretty remarkable. It is however, a very very specific aesthetic and its definitely his own. artistically he may get criticism for never coming out of his box but nobody really does it like him. At one point he was kind of a 'trend' in the tattoo world but not so much anymore and i think a lot of people are kind of over it.

lol are you serious??? He organizes art fushion and runs one of the most successful shops on the planet with a slew of amazingly talented artists, toxyc, boor and Stefano are amazing. Lol at stayin in his box.
4/7/12 5:37 PM
MichaelVronsky

I said he "may" get that criticism. Success is relative. In the "tattoo community" there are probably at least 3 shops in nyc alone that would be more recognized than last rites. Not that they dont do remarkable work.. Phone Post
4/13/12 6:24 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul has always been nothing short of humble and nice to me. I met him back when he had his super small shop in New Jersey, he let me hang out and watch him do a guys backpiece. Asked questions and swapped stories the whole time.

I have seen him at shows when he is trying to work, getting mobbed in all directions from dozens of people all trying to get a one on one..... of course he was ignoring them all because his client was his only focus.... those are usually the people that say an artist is a prick, because they would not step away from a paying customer to answer their question, or take a picture with them.....

Paul has a specialized style, has lots of fans, lots of people have "copied" his style, and Paul has done plenty to give back to the tattoo world **Tattoo the Earth Tattoo Shows, Tattoo Fusion, Art Fusion*** That puts him in a very small club of the elite in the tattoo world. He deserves all the accolades for all the positive work he has done for a very long time!!

4/13/12 11:07 AM
MichaelVronsky

I've not heard anything about his attitude from ppl that have approached him at conventions. I don't personally don't know the guy but everyonme is entitled to thier opinion. Suffice to agree that he is a remarkable talent.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.