UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Comic Book Men on AMC

2/13/12 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ValeTudo020
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone else catch this show after The Walking Dead? It was actually pretty decent. I had REALLY low expectations but I was surprised about some the wit and humor in the show. I've seen some "fan boys" bash it because "that's not how comic book fans talk" or "we don't sit around talking about which superheroine we'd bang." I sort of liked the podcast/pawn stars vibe to it. However, I don't think they balanced the show properly to appeal to both casual and hardcore fans. Sometimes they'd explain something in simple terms, other times they'd just move quickly over something a non-fan wouldn't understand.

What say you GeekGround? Worth a watch?
2/13/12 1:26 PM
paw
1382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got 1/2 way through before I had to leave for work.  So far, the podcast/pawn stars vibe is...well, it's not my thing.  Unless the last 1/2 of the show catches my interest, it's one and done for me.
2/13/12 3:33 PM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was pretty meh for me really. It was like a specialized pawn stars with the pod cast stuff thrown in instead of the standard reality tv confessional spots.

If they are set on doing a reality tv show about a comic shop it would be more entertaining to go the Oddities route and show more of the strange customers.
2/13/12 8:41 PM
HEMAN
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horrible show that will go nowhere. Better to sub it with a tv series...
2/14/12 12:53 PM
Last Don
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love that the conversations they have could happen almost word-for-word in our gym.

I could close my eyes and think I'm in jiu-jitsu class.
2/17/12 6:43 PM
Bigjon29
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It grew on me after 20 minutes or do but initially was a bit disappointed it was another pawn stars type show

The dude who handcuffed himself to his briefcase as though he had gold bars in it was not right in the head Phone Post
2/18/12 12:28 AM
Kneeblock
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty disappointing show overall.
2/18/12 4:54 PM
Mitey Mouze
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worth it just to see that Detective #35...$300, yeah right. Phone Post
2/18/12 10:17 PM
ec
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, the sketch they priced at $10,000 is a joke. You might get $1200 for it. Phone Post
10/17/12 6:40 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

I like the Pawn Stars aspect but not a big fan of the podcast aspect.  I used to work at a comic shop, I wish they'd show more of the real side to that, like the wacky customers.

10/17/12 7:07 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it I think it's good. The podcast that goes along with it it decent as well Phone Post
10/17/12 10:23 PM
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched a few episodes on Netflix.

Not really interested in it at all. The episode with Mewes was cool though. 

10/18/12 9:46 AM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think what is most disappointing, after seeing more of it, is that it actually comes off as a parody of a comic shop rather than what actually goes on. Lame.
10/19/12 11:45 AM
ProjectGenesis
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched it for the Walking Dead clip, but it was not bad. I will have to watch more episodes to judge it's potential though.
10/19/12 11:49 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

I don't think it's a parody of a comic shop.  People always come in trying to sell collections and shit so the Pawn Stars aspect isn't that off.

I like the show but it's definitely not something I NEED to watch.  Hope it stays on the air though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.