UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Torts

2/13/12 5:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RexKwonDo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The most entertaining course in law school by far.
2/14/12 2:40 PM
Steve72
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course. The fact patterns lend themselves to awesomeness.

100% true story follows:

We reviewed Breunig v American Family life Insurance my first year, which is a case where a woman tried to get out of a negligence lawsuit because a spot of light on her dashboard told her she was Batman and she could fly.

The professor asked the class what was wrong with her thinking. The usual gunners' hands went up, with stuff like "a reasonably prudent person wouldn't listen to a spot of light" and "she had a duty not to fly her car" and stuff like that. the professor shot them all down.

A girl who had never...ever...spoken in class raised her hand. the professor called on her, and she answered "Batman....can't...fly?"

The professor immediately opened up a chalkboard which had been closed, and on it he had written down Batman and Superman's powers. That was more-or less the end of that class.
2/14/12 5:47 PM
Cookie Monster
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interesting fact patterns for sure.
2/14/12 5:53 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THERE'S A LEOPARD IN MY ZONE OF DANGER!
2/15/12 4:32 PM
Fake Pie
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My torts professor loved to use the "watching babies drown while eating popcorn" example of nonfeasance.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.