UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tim Sylvia has a video message for UG members

2/14/12 2:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Reggie Warren Jr
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/12 2:09 PM
Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

Like many fighters I beat up, I become their friends afterwards. Tim turned out to be a loyal friend and overall great guy. He works hard and has better cardio than me! Let's help get him back in the UFC! He can destroy most of these heavy weights! If you support him, send Dana and lorenzo a tweet that you want to see him back.
www.twitter.com/@timsylviamma
twitter.com/#!/timsylviamma

2/14/12 2:02 PM
CesarGracieJewJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/15/12 10:30 AM
 Tim Sylvia you the man, hope dana puts you back in the UFC 

1st

2/14/12 2:03 PM
shootfighterbull

What's his recent record look like? Is he still not able to make 265? Phone Post
2/14/12 2:06 PM
Rival School

Dana gets this hippie a hotel and now he's retweeting on the UG. Wanna know where we get twitter news?

TWITTER you asshole! Phone Post
2/14/12 2:07 PM
Edelweiss
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim is goofy and a smug SOB, but I want to see him back in the UFC. I like that he's asking for the UG's help. The only thing I want to see him do is flash the UG handsign while Bruce Buffer is calling his name. I'm in.
2/14/12 2:07 PM
CesarGracieJewJitsu

2/14/12 2:08 PM
BrockbackMountain
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesnt deserve the hate that he gets.

He might not be the coolest guy ever, but he deserves a fight or two against some middle tier guys in the UFC.

TTT for bringing Timmay back.
2/14/12 2:11 PM
mmabmt
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trained at MFS years ago and met Tim, good guy, super nice. Very under appreciated HW
2/14/12 2:14 PM
kinkle

Edited: 02/14/12 2:13 PM
I've never understood the hate, maybe because I don't judge a fighter based on sex appeal (at least not all the time). I'd like to see him fight a guy like Morecraft to see if he still has it. Can he consistently make 265 also?

I think he should make a highlight video of himself and post it on the UG and send it to Dana, that would get him some buzz. Something like the Kenny Powers highlight.
2/14/12 2:17 PM
crowbar
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/12 2:21 PM
 I just didn`t like his fightiing style.Seemed like he tried to keep it standing at all costs (smart move BTW) and just wanted to jab his way to victory.Him coming in very overweight (not training seriously) against Wagner & getting KOed by Mercer was a sore spot to MMA.   
2/14/12 2:19 PM
jujubre
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not particularly a fan...but....I have to admit he touched me in this video.

I think he deserves a chance.
2/14/12 2:20 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -  I just didn`t like his fightiing style.Seemed like he tried to keep it standing at all costs (smart move BTW) and just wanted to jab his way too victory.Him coming in very overweight (not training seriously) & getting KOed by Mercer was a sore spot to MMA. 

Oh was it? Come on! He stood a little too long and got knocked out by one of the toughest boxers of all time...how bout when Arlovski was considered an animal and knocked Tim down and he bounced right back up and knocked Arlovski out cold? How was that for the sport?
2/14/12 2:20 PM
HexRei

I am not a fan of Tim's style either, I didn't like him much when he was champ but when he plays the game his way he is a tough guy to beat. He will never be champ again with the depth of today's HW division but he could certainly beat a lot of guys and do middling to fair, he is world class.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Dana should give him a shot again.
2/14/12 2:22 PM
kinkle

Also didn't people boo the hell out of Tim's last fight? He was pressing the guy against the cage for the majority of the fight.
2/14/12 2:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Struve vs Sylvia, make it happen...
2/14/12 2:27 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

8 seconds was all it took...Mercer can crack!

I just think Tim has shown a lot of heart in his fights and has talent. I would like to see how these new heavyweights do against him.
2/14/12 2:27 PM
crowbar
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/12 2:32 PM
 Don`t get me wrong Reggie.I liked Tim at one point in time.I even met him in the Sheraton hotel in Denver Co & he was as nice as a person could be.He now just seems like one of those slow,low effort plodding heavyweights this late in his career.  
2/14/12 2:29 PM
Reggie Warren Jr

Hes ready to put back 100% effort. Tim Sylvia weighing 265 will be different than the guy fighting at 300.
ZUJEW

Always LOVED Tim. I hope wining 6 of his last 7 is enough to get him back in. Would love to see him back.
Neil McCauley

tim is right and he would crush the stefan struves of the ufc pretty easily.
jjj2121

There is a good argument on both sides of this debate.  The KO losses to a TUF reject and a washed up boxer to go along with the slow paced jabcentric style are the obvious negatives, but you can't convince me Sylvia doesn't beat at least half the HW division. 
2/14/12 2:30 PM
UGCTT_Bispingstolemysn
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Timmay!
2/14/12 2:31 PM
croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Tim is doing alright these days. As in he isn't struggling financially. I would like to see him in the big show but he would have to take his body seriously. Remember when Tim was ripped in the early UFC days? You could almost see fucking abs! BEEP!
2/14/12 2:33 PM
Joe O'Brien

kinkle - Also didn't people boo the hell out of Tim's last fight? He was pressing the guy against the cage for the majority of the fight.

This. Tim can't fight this way and expect a call back to the UFC. We want to see fireworks in the HW division.
2/14/12 2:34 PM
DoubleBagger
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see him back, it would be interesting.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.