UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ellenberger vs. Sanchez

2/15/12 11:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
4thHorsemen
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wtf were those moron commentators saying "Diego is getting tired, breathing heavy"??

Don't they know Diego never doesn't get tired? Good fight nonetheless. Terrible commentators.

I wish it was 5 rounds.
2/15/12 11:08 PM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad night for old Jake E had this been real shit he would be dead!

2/15/12 11:09 PM
uhfelons
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello, Mr. Ellenberger? This is the Lightweight Division calling.

We saw you being assaulted by one of our fighters. We assumed there must have been a mistake...
2/15/12 11:09 PM
thisisnotphilip

diaz being retarded. if this was real, diego's head would be split upen by knees at 4:20 in rd1
2/15/12 11:22 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rafael135 -
InspiritMick -  Diego wins in  5. Ellenburger seriously overhyped
I don't think Ellenberger is overhyped at all.

Diego Sanchez is a tough fight for anyone. He really pushed the pace and he is a conditioning freak. Phone Post
This. Everyone is so quick to cry overrated when a guy doesnt get a highlight reel finish. Phone Post
2/15/12 11:23 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way Diego won that fight.

There is a case to be made for the fight maybe being a draw but there was a 0% chance Diego won.

Winning the third round does not make up for losing the fist two. And if you think Diego won either the first or second then you need to watch a different sport.

To recap. The only possible outcomes:

Jake Ellenberger wins 29-28

Or

Draw

To say Diego won is ludacris.

Note: I am not a fan of either man. Phone Post
2/15/12 11:24 PM
Futang

Great fight Phone Post
2/15/12 11:26 PM
manzuri
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All I want to know now is who was smart enough to put money on diego at +230? Phone Post
2/15/12 11:28 PM
BshMstr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

did Diego just exorcise the arena?!?
2/15/12 11:30 PM
Shooters Bitch

4thHorsemen - Wtf were those moron commentators saying "Diego is getting tired, breathing heavy"??

Don't they know Diego never doesn't get tired? Good fight nonetheless. Terrible commentators.

I wish it was 5 rounds.
So true. There were numerous exchanges where Diego got the better of Jake, but they didn't even comment on it. I'm surprised; they were great for other fights. They were just terribly biased for some reason.
2/15/12 11:31 PM
Bipolar

I want to see Ellenberger v Kos. If Ellenberger can get by Kos, he's earned his title shot. But regardless of earning or not earning a title shot, I just want to see those two face off. Makes perfect sense at this point.
2/15/12 11:33 PM
Bipolar

Does anyone know why this was not a 5 round fight?
2/15/12 11:40 PM
mrgoodarmbar
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight, but another example of the judges not knowing what a 10-8 round is...Why don't they just count who wins the most rounds at this point ffs.
2/15/12 11:43 PM
Bipolar

Bipolar - I want to see Ellenberger v Kos. If Ellenberger can get by Kos, he's earned his title shot. But regardless of earning or not earning a title shot, I just want to see those two face off. Makes perfect sense at this point.

Actually, nevermind. I think Kos is already scheduled to fight Hendricks. Ellenberger vs Rory?
2/15/12 11:53 PM
thisisnotphilip

Bipolar - 
Bipolar - I want to see Ellenberger v Kos. If Ellenberger can get by Kos, he's earned his title shot. But regardless of earning or not earning a title shot, I just want to see those two face off. Makes perfect sense at this point.

Actually, nevermind. I think Kos is already scheduled to fight Hendricks. Ellenberger vs Rory?

kinda step down for ellenberger after beating shields and sanchez, dont you think? rory looked impressive but imho one fight away from berger...
2/16/12 12:02 AM
Bipolar

Perhaps. But with Condit waiting for GSP, Kos and Hendricks tied up, and Fitch coming off a loss, it's hard to find a quality opponent right now. Maybe he just sits for a while.
2/16/12 12:08 AM
BshMstr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my thoughts on the fight....

Ellenberger got Rd 1 and 2, Diego got rd 3, 10-9 for each.

Ellenberger's striking made Diego look like a child....for someone who's been a pro fighter in the UFC for nearly a decade, Sanchez has very limited striking. the Fuel Tv cast was much more tolerable to listen to, and mentioned this as well. i've found the Fuel/FX events are much better than when Rogan/Golberg yack away....

i don't know what Ellenberger walks around at, but he looked a lot smaller than Diego, who's not a big WW. if Ellenberger could make the cut to LW, i think he could own the division.... however, he's gotta be colse to the #2 contender now at WW, so i don't see that happening.
2/16/12 1:25 AM
BshMstr

Kenflo24 - Something strange about Jake. He comes out looking great in the first 2 rounds and then just gives up or gasses in the third? He needs to work on that little problem me thinks.

honestly, i think he just got tired from the size difference from Diego at that point....

i could be wrong, but i think Diego was substantially bigger than him, as well is know for having insane cardio.
2/16/12 1:31 AM
BshMstr

something i saw with Diego's striking vs. Ellenberger's...

Diego moves with feet before his hands, and Jake moves his hands before his feets. obviously the hands generally win, when it comes to time on target....
2/16/12 1:44 AM
32Hunter

Bipolar - Does anyone know why this was not a 5 round fight?

I read that the events on fuel are 3 round and events on Fox and FX are 5 rounds(not sure about fx).
2/16/12 2:35 AM
Devereaux

Why does every topic have to turn into a pissing contest on here?

Great fucking fight! Both guys were impressive.
2/16/12 2:53 AM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight was awesome I thought that Diego could have gotten a 10-8 and I would have been happy with a draw there. Both guys fought their asses off.
2/16/12 3:09 AM
slamming

Damn would have been great to see how a 5 rounder would have played out. Jake getting up right at the end kind of killed Diego's comeback luster a little though. Phone Post
2/16/12 3:13 AM
FRAZTV
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't know what Ellenberger walks around at, but he looked a lot smaller than Diego, who's not a big WW.

A lot smaller than Diego?
Are you fucking retarded?
2/16/12 3:16 AM
FRAZTV
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - 
Kenflo24 - Something strange about Jake. He comes out looking great in the first 2 rounds and then just gives up or gasses in the third? He needs to work on that little problem me thinks.

honestly, i think he just got tired from the size difference from Diego at that point....

i could be wrong, but i think Diego was substantially bigger than him...

Seriously dude. Substantially bigger?
You can't possibly be that much of a dipshit, can you?
You're either trolling or you really need to get your damn eyes fixed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.