UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW on Tim Sylvia in the UFC: 'No'

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/16/12 10:20 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Former UFC Heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia has gone 6-1 since being ignominiously caught early by Ray Mercer in June of 2009. The Mainiac been campaigning to get back into the UFC, most recently in a video post on the Underground, where he expressed his belief he could beat 80% of the current UFC heavyweght roster.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vw8qph.jpg

Last night UFC President Dana responded.

"No," White told MMAjunkie.com when asked whether Tim Sylvia could possibly be seen again inside the octagon. "I don't even know what Tim Sylvia's done. The last Tim Sylvia fight I saw, he got knocked out by a boxer. What has he done since then?"

"If you look at when Tim Sylvia was in the heavyweight division, I say it all the time: It's when we had the weakest heavyweight division in the company's history," he said. "Him and Arlovski were knocking each other out every weekend.

"I have no beef with Tim Sylvia or whatever. The guy's out there trying to make a living and doing what he's doing. But for him to make the claim that he could knock out 80 percent of the heavyweights in the UFC, what I just said before says it all."

White went on to discuss Strikeforce's Herschel Walker.

"I talked to Herschel at the last Showtime," White said. "You know I'm very vocal about stuff and I've said stuff about Herschel Walker. My thing that I used to say about Herschel Walker was like, 'This guy is never going to win the heavyweight championship in the UFC.'

"I totally respect the guy ,  the fact that at 50 years old, or however old he is – he's in his 50s, right? – that the guy even came out and competed in mixed martial arts. I'm 42, I can barely get on the f------] treadmill. So for me to talk s--- – the guy is a stud in what he's been able to accomplish.

"But there's no way he could compete in the UFC heavyweight division."

"You've got to get through that little miserable guy that makes the fights," White said, referencing UFC matchmaker Joe Silva. "You get through him and you get in the UFC."

Read entire article...

2/16/12 10:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SUPER HLUK
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Timmy.
2/16/12 10:31 AM
AUJL's Deep Throating Queen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana says a lot of things.  Tim needs to get some wins and keep in shape.
2/16/12 10:41 AM
TecHNieK

SUPER HLUK - Poor Timmy.
2/16/12 10:43 AM
UrSuchDoucheBags

Maybe you didnt hear him correctly Dana....HE WANTS BACK IN THE UFC! Phone Post
2/16/12 10:46 AM
Dougie
1408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Silva looks happy most of the time I see him on PPVs. Maybe he's grumpy when he's off camera.
2/16/12 10:47 AM
DanEzra
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana dropping truth bombs.
2/16/12 11:04 AM
overstander

Tim kepp up the good work in smaller orgs. The type of guys in Bellator have horrible records. Maybe you can run through bellator on your way to UFC.

Dana bis known for either eating his words or going back on it, just look now what he said about female mma and see now he is on the ladies nuts. Its what can make Dana and Zuffa money. Get your name out there again with some viscous WINS. Stay in shape keep your head up, and you'll be back.
2/16/12 11:13 AM
Arachnoid

LOL! Tell 'em Dana!
2/16/12 11:15 AM
Tad Ghostal
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No-one needed to ask Dana, Lorenzo has already spoken on this.
2/16/12 11:18 AM
RandyDarsh
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's be honest Tim couldnt beat the worst lhw Phone Post
2/16/12 11:22 AM
HexRei

bahahaha "The last Tim Sylvia fight I saw, he got knocked out by a boxer. What has he done since then?"

Ummm... he has gone 6-1, Dana. Meanwhile after cutting Melvin Guillard for losing 2 in a row AND popping for cocaine (how the fuck do you pop for coke!? it's out of your system in a couple of days!) you let him back in for beating... wait for it... ERIC REGAN. in RITC. One nobody in a bush-league promotion.
2/16/12 11:23 AM
jjj2121

Funny how Dana says Arlovski and Timmeh "were knocking each other out every weekend."

Fun fact, Arlovski never knocked Sylvia out.
2/16/12 11:26 AM
HexRei

Edited: 02/16/12 11:26 AM
he's not hating on them for their record (both are on win streaks right now) he's bitter because they both left the UFC of their own accord.
2/16/12 11:26 AM
Hate420
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he would take a return seriously and get in shape,why not?
2/16/12 11:31 AM
Whambo
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly he should be more respectful of a former UFC champion. But Dana has that attitude, it's more about him than the fighters.

No Harm in putting Tim in a prelim. It's hard to fight big names when the UFC or SF had all the big name HW's...
2/16/12 11:31 AM
RandyDarsh
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 -  Funny how Dana says Arlovski and Timmeh "were knocking each other out every weekend."

Fun fact, Arlovski never knocked Sylvia out.
You got him there !!! Phone Post
2/16/12 11:38 AM
Haulport
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RandyDarsh - Let's be honest Tim couldnt beat the worst lhw
That's absolutely inaccurate. With Guys like Herman and Struve not protecting their faces one iota Timmy could easily knock a lot of MFers out. He is big and slow but he hits like a truck and he is no worse than guys like Beltran, Johnson, Struve or Pee Wee.
2/16/12 11:39 AM
Haulport
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - he's not hating on them for their record (both are on win streaks right now) he's bitter because they both left the UFC of their own accord.
Yep. You either do what Lorenzo and Dana TELL YOU TO DO or you are fucked...Period.
2/16/12 11:43 AM
Tad Ghostal
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 
HexRei - he's not hating on them for their record (both are on win streaks right now) he's bitter because they both left the UFC of their own accord.
Yep. You either do what Lorenzo and Dana TELL YOU TO DO or you are fucked...Period.

I'm pretty sure they'd have him back if he took a huge pay cut, but I doubt Timmah would accept it.
2/16/12 11:53 AM
ns_echoes
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not only that, they both left and lost to Fedor, thus giving Fedor fans ammunition whenever Dana shit-talked him.
2/16/12 11:56 AM
RJJH
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whambo - Honestly he should be more respectful of a former UFC champion. But Dana has that attitude, it's more about him than the fighters.

No Harm in putting Tim in a prelim. It's hard to fight big names when the UFC or SF had all the big name HW's...

2/16/12 11:57 AM
RJJH
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strykr619 - 
Haulport - 

As much as I Hate Union's Zuffa is helping the "anti-monopoly" croud with BS like this. Timmy EVEN now would wreck 80-85% of the Heavies currently on the UFC roster.

2/16/12 11:58 AM
cdmontgo
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sign him to Strikeforce.
2/16/12 12:09 PM
Hairy Kerry
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really get his "knocked out by a boxer" comment.

If he was submitted by a boxer or knocked out by an aikido guy, that would be noteworthy. I don't think there are many people out there that would still be standing after taking a shot from Ray Mercer.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.