UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tim Sylvia responds to the UG questions

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/17/12 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if Tim Sylvia makes it back to the UFC it will be a great story, let the guy in.

If you're gonna let a washed-up boxer in, you have to let Tim back in

If you're gonna keep a perennial loser like Hardy stick around, you gotta give the former champ a shot

it's the right thing to do
2/17/12 7:33 PM
FRAZTV
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim,
Tell us about what parts of your game you've improved and what skills you're working on.
Get yourself to the gym and get somebody to shoot some footage of you training.
Have a cup of coffee before your next vid. Show us some enthusiam. Show that you're committed.
That is what will help us get hyped to help push for your UFC return.
Good luck, bro.
2/17/12 7:38 PM
Chris27

ENZO007 - They really dropped the ball on Sergei IMO. Really fucked up not signing him. That guy while limited as a fighter, is tough as hell, always comes to fight, and he is capable of beating anyone in the UFC heavyweight division IMO.

I thought they did and he refused the contract?

I thought I read that somewhere, he wasnt happy with the exclusive contract, probably wants a large sum of money to accept an exclusive deal and frankly he isnt worth a large sum of money to the UFC.

If tim wants in the UFC he needs to go beat some decent HW.

Go beat Sergei, go beat Duffee, put a streak together and beat a few decent guys and maybe he will get a shot.

I think Tims best shot to get in the UFC is as a last minute replacement for someone who gets hurt.

or if COrmier/Barnett winner is gonna take another SF fight how about Tim?
2/17/12 7:45 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man
FRAZTV - Tim,
Tell us about what parts of your game you've improved and what skills you're working on.
Have a cup of coffee before your next vid. Show us some enthusiam. Show that you're committed.
Good luck, bro.

Oh, this is what it will take to get everyone hyped for his push to the ufc? Ok...good to know. I'll tell Tim.

2/17/12 8:58 PM
Nickoh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Timmy
2/17/12 9:00 PM
Believe in the Power of One
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

For the love of God and all that is holy, let Tim reset his password........ Eh?

^ The Herlihy boy for those that are too young to remember the Farly SNL days.

2/17/12 10:12 PM
Authority Figure

UGCTT_Rychek -  If he keeps making more videos like this I might be forced to become a fan.

2/17/12 10:17 PM
Humphrey

wonder how many people suddenly supporting tim (even though NOBODY here did when he was in the UFC) are also complaining about stalling fighters and boring fights......
2/17/12 10:35 PM
Anarkis
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Tim had huge potential but got lazy.
2/17/12 11:08 PM
ufcman187

I wouldn't pay to watch Tim headline a PPV. Just being honest. Last time I did fedore owned him.
2/18/12 12:43 AM
Pilot201
2710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok, I gotta admit. I was tough on him based on past behavior and shit he's said about other fighters, and for the way he's behaved the dozen or so times I've met him. But it seems he's been humbled, and I have to say the change in him seems genuine. Dana, Joe, Lorenzo... GIVE TIM ANOTHER SHOT!!!
2/18/12 3:05 AM
CindyO

FRAZTV - Tim,
Good luck, bro.

This!!! He can win the fans over if he wants to;) He's already doing it.

Cindy
2/18/12 3:28 AM
MrMcPeach
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am in favor of seeing him back in the UFC. It is obvious to me he will never compete for the title again but seeing him on a card is far more interesting than seeing someone like Travis Browne. Phone Post
2/18/12 4:46 AM
Funky Bacteria Productions
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You will be infected™, funkybacteria.com

Big Tim deserves to be back in the UFC, he's won 6 of his last 7, he's 30-7, he's a former UFC Champion, and he's beaten the friggin' worlds strongest man! Dear Lorenzo, Dana, and Joe S., lets let bygones be bygones and make this happen!
2/18/12 6:46 AM
jensapw

Give Tim another go. He has made some excellent points about some of the other fighters in the HW division. Lets see him back for a fight, see how he does. I would be interested in seeing it.
2/18/12 9:33 AM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -  Whoa,it appears to be another heartfelt video.He`s growing on me a little bit due to his honesty.

Ditto. I was never the biggest fan TBH, but he is coming across a lot more humble and mature. Really starting to grow on me.
2/18/12 9:55 AM
OftheWay

Tim Silvia had an incredible run during his time in the UFC. I would love to see him come back. Phone Post
2/18/12 10:05 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he did post here
2/18/12 10:14 AM
Chimonos Revenge
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caliphornia -
goku -
caliphornia - Tim was exciting at first. But Not sure if I can ever forgive him for the many years of retaining his title by "fighting not to lose"

My god, I swear some of those fights were so bad they scarred my soul for life Phone Post
Don't think he was fighting not to lose. Roids are used for a reason. Phone Post
There was an jnterview at the end of his title reign where he actually said "i dont fight to win, i fight not to lose"

And did you not see the monson fight? That was arguably the worst fight in the history of title fights. And the only time that a red (big John) had to literally call time, stop the fight, and tell the fighters "look, this is a FIGHT. you have to FIGHT".

Not hating... I'm just sayin Phone Post
Monson deserves every bit as much of the blame for that stinker.

He had absolutely nothing To offer inthat fight and Sylvia would take no risks. Phone Post
2/18/12 10:18 AM
Chimonos Revenge
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufcman187 - I wouldn't pay to watch Tim headline a PPV. Just being honest. Last time I did fedore owned him.
I don't think Tim is asking to be a headliner.

He just wants back in. Give him a prelim or two, if he performs well he gets in the undercard. He's a recognizable name with a great history in the ufc.

I would like to see him come back Phone Post
2/18/12 10:24 AM
CaptChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the consensus is that Tim DOES still have the skill set to fight in the UFC!

Tim are there any fighters currently in the UFC that can help make a push for you. For example I know you used to be friends with Rich Franklin. Can't he make a call and try to set something up or at least try to speak to Dana on your behalf?

I personally don't blame any of those guys that went over to Affliction. The Affliction owners were throwing around some serious cash. Of course they were idiots for doing so but as a fighter you gotta take that kinda money!
2/18/12 10:26 AM
deadlyonetwo3

I don't know how successful he'd be against the best in the division anymore, but he's right... He can beat a lot of these guys in the UFC right now..he was always a tough matchup, beat a lot of fighters. He deserves a fight in the UFC... former champion, he left on a win to fight the best fighter in the world for big money.. Can't hold that against him.

Give him a shot I'd like to see him matched up against anyone.. Let's see big Tim vs say Struve Phone Post
2/18/12 10:26 AM
Humphrey

Funky Bacteria Productions - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/r5NIQC1fQ0E?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0", "postVideo-38198258-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-38198258");  
Big Tim deserves to be back in the UFC, he's won 6 of his last 7, he's 30-7, he's a former UFC Champion, and he's beaten the friggin' worlds strongest man! Dear Lorenzo, Dana, and Joe S., lets let bygones be bygones and make this happen!

I'm wondering if you don't understand that having to use this fight, against a complete fighting noob, is actually a good example of what he hasn't earned his way back in.

if that is the best example you have (which it is) there's not much of a case.
2/18/12 10:29 AM
CaptChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the consensus is that Tim DOES still have the skill set to fight in the UFC!

Tim are there any fighters currently in the UFC that can help make a push for you. For example I know you used to be friends with Rich Franklin. Can't he make a call and try to set something up or at least try to speak to Dana on your behalf?

I personally don't blame any of those guys that went over to Affliction. The Affliction owners were throwing around some serious cash. Of course they were idiots for doing so but as a fighter you gotta take that kinda money!
2/18/12 10:32 AM
CaptChaos

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.