UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Marketing a product, copyrighting etc.

2/17/12 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I have what I think is a legit idea for a product. I don't want to go into too much detail. But basically what I need to do is find an existing company that would be interested in making it and selling it. I have no idea how to go about doing this, and I also am wondering how I "protect" my idea as I shop it around.

I don't think this is a million dollar idea or anything, but I do think it could be profitable and I do think it has an appeal.

Anyway, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
3/10/12 7:04 PM
Priderulesforever
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You MUST find a couple good bookds on copyright and trademark and licensing and you must then get help from a lawyer, so you do not get screwed over.
7/31/12 11:22 PM
HERTSWENIP
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get the book "how to make millions with you business ideas," and "This business has legs."

The first is a collection of anecdotes and case studies of successful entrepeneurs, several of whom were in a similar situation.

The second, is a narrative written by Peter Bieler, the mastermind behind the marketing campaign of the "thigh master," the most successful product in direct marketing history.

He didn't invent the thigh master, but he took a pre-existing design, glammed it up, and knew how to market it to the masses. It'll also give you a glimpse into all the work that goes on behind the scenes of such a thing, fantastic read IMO.
8/1/12 10:09 AM
groundfighter2000
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the book suggestions
8/5/12 11:26 PM
elcornjr
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for more advice.

i feel stuck with similar issues, i have a good idea but not sure where to start and would hate to literally give my ideas away.
8/27/12 3:30 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm doing same thing. Are you AZ groundfighter? Be a small world if we're parnters and don't realize it (working with a few guys).
8/29/12 3:58 AM
MJClubHowes
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Priderulesforever - You MUST find a couple good bookds on copyright and trademark and licensing and you must then get help from a lawyer, so you do not get screwed over.

Good advice.
Just make sure you get a lawyer you can trust.
I've seen too many horror stories on Dragon's Den
alone where people with great ideas get ripped off majorly
by patent lawyers!
Kudos on your entrepreneurial spirit btw.
8/29/12 9:05 AM
groundfighter2000

sux@bjj - I'm doing same thing. Are you AZ groundfighter? Be a small world if we're parnters and don't realize it (working with a few guys).

nope i am not

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.