UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Trigg: Maynard wasn't properly prepared for Edgar

2/17/12 6:04 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Maynard, faced with climbing back up the ladder, felt it was time for a change. A Las Vegas mainstay since 2006, he left Xtreme Couture and moved to American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, Ca. But it wasn't simply about freshening things up.

"Gray just was not prepared. It was really one of those deals where a coach within his staff just would not pay attention any other coaches. He was getting really upset if any other coach tried to explain to him 'hey, this is how hard I'm going to push Gray in my session. You need to back off in your session so he can recover," said Trigg, a former trainer partner of Maynard's at Xtreme Couture. "[Maynard] wasn't prepared. It's ultimately up to one coach that didn't pay attention."

read entire article...

2/17/12 6:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ya, ya, ya, ya, whatever
2/17/12 6:09 PM
Masakatsu Funaki
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Randy fired Gil Martinez and co. shortly thereafter, we can only assume it was at least, in part, due to Gray's situation.

Ever since Randy started his movie career, it's seemed that Xtreme Couture has been hemorrhaging fighters and trainers. Sad because it wasn't long ago that it was THE spot to train at. Phone Post
2/17/12 6:18 PM
bostonsboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to seeing gray back in action soon Phone Post
2/17/12 6:19 PM
inf0
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ gray in action... umm what
2/17/12 6:25 PM
PINNN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SORELOSER GREY NEEDS TO BLAME HIMSELF FOR GETTING KTFO
2/17/12 6:27 PM
Samsonite1084
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excuses are like assholes. We all have em, and they're all shitty Phone Post
2/17/12 6:29 PM
The Mammoth
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Utter bullshit. Sore loser is sore.

Reminds me of the time he was out cold and made out he was fine and blasted the ref for calling it a NC

Edgar owned that fight and the second one IMO Phone Post
2/17/12 6:33 PM
Sereval
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ummm Gray has never mentioned this. This is Frank Trigg talking. Why do people always fail to read the article?
2/17/12 6:35 PM
jtown2
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Masakatsu Funaki -  If Randy fired Gil Martinez and co. shortly thereafter, we can only assume it was at least, in part, due to Gray's situation.

Ever since Randy started his movie career, it's seemed that Xtreme Couture has been hemorrhaging fighters and trainers. Sad because it wasn't long ago that it was THE spot to train at. Phone Post

Changes sometimes need to happen.  They still have the best grappler in the world teaching there (Vinny M) as well as some pretty good kickboxers (Rey Sefo,Tim Lane).   The pro and ammy fight team are both solid so in Vegas that for sure is the place to train (trane).
2/17/12 6:35 PM
inf0

Sereval - Ummm Gray has never mentioned this. This is Frank Trigg talking. Why do people always fail to read the article?
where has anyone said that gray said this?

2/17/12 6:39 PM
GambitGuard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sereval - Ummm Gray has never mentioned this. This is Frank Trigg talking. Why do people always fail to read the article?

2/17/12 6:53 PM
BLODDYELBOW

lmao....He looked pretty prepared to me. The better man won and that is that. Frank Trigg shouldn't be talking about other peoples training camps, besides Bruce Buffer kicked his ass!!!
2/17/12 7:01 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edgar > Maynard Phone Post
2/17/12 7:02 PM
Scott Rotem

Crazy.

So where is Gil Martinez now? Is he still going to train Michael Chandler?
2/17/12 7:06 PM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLODDYELBOW - lmao....He looked pretty prepared to me. The better man won and that is that. Frank Trigg shouldn't be talking about other peoples training camps, besides Bruce Buffer kicked his ass!!!
ttt for storytime. Phone Post
2/17/12 7:11 PM
Chris27

Heard Chuck M from ESPN.com said Maynard and Guida are both looking to get back in June, so that pretty much spells out Guida/Maynard in June.

not on the Brazil card though, maybe an FX event or something.

Maybe July 7th card.
2/17/12 7:14 PM
Flexo
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who loses to anyone wasn't prepared properly. For the most part. Phone Post
2/17/12 7:44 PM
RandyDarsh
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't listen to trigg Phone Post
2/17/12 8:03 PM
Cotek

He (and Gil Martinez) have mentioned how he left Xtreme Couture in the middle of the camp a few times before.

Even more recently: http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/01/19/gray-maynard-on-leaving-xtreme-couture-i-had-to-get-out-of-the-comfort-zone/
"“The team at Xtreme Couture is great, but me and Martinez just weren’t clicking for the last year so I ended up leaving halfway through the third Edgar camp,” Maynard said. “I plateaued for the last year and I had to get out of the comfort zone.”
2/17/12 8:25 PM
Anarkis
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That article is almost unreadable. Horribly written.
2/18/12 12:44 AM
r_o_y

maynard was prepared. tbh i just think it was maynard size. just like with penn his size against edgar worked against him. edgar was just plain faster.
2/18/12 1:20 AM
UGCTT_mizunomike27
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BLODDYELBOW - lmao....He looked pretty prepared to me. The better man won and that is that. Frank Trigg shouldn't be talking about other peoples training camps, besides Bruce Buffer kicked his ass!!!

Haha, avoid the elevators with Bruce, and whatever you do don't touch his throat. That's the moneymaker. 
2/18/12 3:38 AM
SpiderManBJJ

Most of these teams and coaches don't last.Especially the "Flavor Of The Month" ones.

-Billy Rush(the "mad scientist")
-That Dolce guy
-Team Oyama
-Extreme Couture

I predict Jackson's and American Top team to follow.When you just assemble a team of mercenary fighters looking for training partners,there isn't really a loyalty to the school or training partners.Its excellent training for the time being,but it all revolves around those few fighters who train together.This is far different than teams where fighters actually came up together like Miletech Fighting Systems or Cesar Gracie's.These teams have guys who came up together and are more than just sparring partners.They are also more likely to mentor up and coming fighters than some of these other camps.
2/18/12 3:40 AM
NotJustA12er

inf0 -  ya, ya, ya, ya, whatever
Didn't he get knocked out . Lol

Perhaps they have a training technique to stop you getting knocked the fuck out !!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.