UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> things fifa needs to change to fix soccer/football

2/18/12 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pretjah
888 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

here are a few things i think FIFA must change to fix soccer/football...

1-10 yard rule on free kicks  must start being enforced.  when the ref marks off 10 yards  it needs to be held  and if the wall moves forward like they always do it should be an automatic yellow card for all in the wall.

2- bring back instruction on defenders making no attempt on a ball but throwing a body into an offensive player on balls going out of bounds

3 - (this one is debatable i know  but i think it'd make the game much better)  no offside when the ball is inside the 18 yard box.

4 - put a second ref on the field,  at least 20-30% of the refs can't keep pace with action going end to end.

5 - enforce keepers being still until the ball is kicked on penalties

6 - truely invest in a World CLUB tournament  (sort of like the champions league in europe  but world wide)  i know they have one but it's not a serious tournament

7 -  ?? ADD YOUR OWN -
2/21/12 2:14 PM
BaldTony
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw something once(possibly in South America) where the Ref had a can of spray paint. He'd mark off the 10 yards for the free kick, then make a small mark with the paint, so it was very obvious when they moved forward. The paint was temporary and vanished after a minute. Not sure why it didn't catch on, as it was a great idea
2/21/12 2:23 PM
Pretjah
888 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that'd work, honestly, anything to enforce the ten yard rule would be great!
3/4/12 5:04 PM
BelieveInSonnen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A second ref would cause problems.
3/4/12 8:36 PM
Pretjah

BelieveInSonnen - A second ref would cause problems.

why do you say that?
3/9/12 12:48 PM
nimitivd
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaldTony - I saw something once(possibly in South America) where the Ref had a can of spray paint. He'd mark off the 10 yards for the free kick, then make a small mark with the paint, so it was very obvious when they moved forward. The paint was temporary and vanished after a minute. Not sure why it didn't catch on, as it was a great idea

they do this in MLS.

I think the biggest thing they need to do is work to rid the game of diving and faking injuries/fouls etc.

I think they should review games after the fact and give players a 2 match ban for faking stuff.

Get a 2 game ban on three occasions for faking? ban them for a year.

That will clear that up pretty quick.
5/11/12 11:30 AM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goal line technology
5/11/12 12:15 PM
Pretjah

Takedown - Goal line technology

yeah that's be a good thing too
8/1/13 4:26 PM
RoyMunson
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This crap.

4/16/14 4:45 AM
Wahlau
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If in doubt, referees can wait for the instant replay, from multiple angles, and decide accordingly.

This would cut out cheating and wrong decisions.

Forget all these "getting it wrong is part of the game" and "decisions even themselves out" nonsense.

Once everybody, players, fans and the media has the perception that the referee is unbiased and nearly never gets decisions wrong, the game will be more about skill and tactics, and little to no gamesmenship

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.