UnderGround Forums >> Rampage has some words for Joe Rogan

2/20/12 9:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fat Guys Food
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-Breff stank jokes
-Playing with his penis
-Suggesting a commentator shouldnt commentate

This Interview is like a Rampage retard hat trick - if he had just dry humped the dude and then slapped the camera man in the face this would be the GOAT Rampage interview.

How can a grown man be THAT stupid?

2/20/12 9:30 PM
Comicpimp

I'm looking forward to the post fight interview with rampage and joe. Phone Post
2/20/12 9:39 PM
AokiPants
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon -
lookoutawhale -  Joe is making the right call.  Rampage cant blame Rogan for being a 1 dimensional puncher. Joe is correct in saying that rampage should mix things up. He needs to balance out his kicks and punches with takedowns to keep his opponent guessing. Even when Rampage is losing he doenst change anything up. He just keeps throwing telegraphed punches. He needs to stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist. But Rampage is right its his fight, but that doesnt mean people have to like it a dry fight like that.

Rampage has been a super boring fighter in the UFC. No takedowns, no kicks just circle circle cirle punch for 5 rounds. He waits 5 rounds for a KO that never comes, loses and then swears he will come back stronger and return as a well rounded mixed martial artist that will harness his kicks and wrestling.

Not every fighter has to be GSP. A few of the things Rampage said about Rogan's commentary style have been brought up numerous times on this board, and usually agreed with. Whether it be the occasional biased commentary, or the calling for leg kicks.

Clearly he's just doing his job, and he's a fan too so he shouldn't get so much shit for it, but It shouldn't be so foreign to understand a toned down version of where Rampage is coming from.

Whether or not YOU believe one of the best light heavy weights of all time needs to "stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist" and begin mixing it up by sprinkling in takedowns or kicks shouldn't really matter if he's still winning, and being one of the most dangerous 205'ers out there. In the end it's his own style.

It's fair for Rogan and fans to critique him, but lets not act like he didn't just fight for the belt and is on some huge skid of losses because he's so one-dimensional. That "one-dimensional" style would still give many top 205'ers the fits, whether or not they know how to train for him.

As far as being boring, can't see I agree completely as I'd rather watch a Rampage over a long list of other fighters, but that's objective anyway.

I guess putting a "rock bottom amount of effort into his fights" would include dropping a million on a training camp; unless you're referring being stumped by a guy like Jon Jones who has a massive reach advantage on him.
Boom roasted Phone Post
2/20/12 9:55 PM
Wanderlei Cesar da Silva fan

Seems like Rogan beat page in battlefield, sore loser !!!!!!! (biiig fan of both guys) Phone Post
2/20/12 10:05 PM
checkuroil
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He kills an unborn baby in a high speed pursuit. He sexually assaults reporters, and he acts like a fool anytime the camera is on him. He is lucky he is not playing bones in Lompoc right now.

Since he left team oyama his game has suffered. Juanito Ibarra got a hold of him and tried to turn him into a boxer and that experiment failed. I know black belts who were part of his training camps who sat around cause Juanito was too busy trying to mold him into a one dimensional fighter.
. Phone Post
2/20/12 10:33 PM
Traditionalist

Once upon a time a brave warrior dubbed Rampage went to Japan to fight under the banner of the then largest Martial Art promotion. On his road to Japan he gained skills as a good wrestler with solid hands and competence on the ground, and earned submission victories.

Once reaching Japan he faced a Submission Master in Sakuraba, who had defeated the very best the grappling world had to offer. Sakuraba had defeatd Victor Belfort and would go toe to toe with the best in the world such as Wand, Nog, and Cro Cop later in his career. He also had submitted multiple of the Gracie clan.

Rampage lost in this bout via submission, and then focused on his stand up, eventually competing in Kickboxing. Racking up a victory due to a slam and several KO/TKO victories, Rampage toppled Igor, Chuck Liddell and Randleman, bringing him to face Wand for the Pride belt.

An amazing fight showed Rampage using a new skill of impressive GnP to hurt Wand, but Wand eventually used brutal knee's to Rampage's head to end the fight.

Rampage then showed off skill with a more rounded game including Knee's, Elbow's and finished a fight with a ow infamous Slam. A rematch with Wand showed off Rampage's GnP and a better use of Knee's and Elbow's, but Silva prove impressive in the scramble, got superior position and finished Rampage due to unanswered blows.

Rampage soon faced Shogun, who used his amazing low kicks to topple Rampage. Rampage then added low kicks to his game, winning his next fight with them. Using his heavy hands, Rampage went on to win the UFC title and beat Hendo. Soon he KO'ed Wand, using impressive brawler capabilities.

Rampage, the warrior who assumed parts of his opponents game from fighting them, then faced the UFC elite. Rashad, a better wrestler, Rampage stood with, as well as Bones Jones, who is a superior submission fighter and wrestler. Standing with Machida and winning is impressive. Hammil, who is an impressive wrestler, was shut down by Rampage with good defensive wrestling and vastly superior hands.

Such a warrior knows his strengths and his weaknesses, and uses what is best to win the fight.

2/20/12 10:33 PM
chaplinshouse
711 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/12 10:33 PM
 ^^that's retarded on so many levels (TheSaver's comment)

2/20/12 11:18 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno, i always felt Bas was kinda biased towards Rampage, maybe that's why he liked him, plus he got to join them in the booth.

Rampage is a an elite-level athlete in his sport, he's gonna get criticized just like any other elite athlete. Joe's job is to analyze, he'd be pretty bland to listen to if he just left things out to avoid negative reactions by other fighters.

Everyone who is a hardcore fan, whether you like rampage or not, know he has trouble with leg kicks. As an analyst you should point that out to educate the fans watching.
2/20/12 11:21 PM
kinkle

LOL!!!

He also said that "Joe Rogan's BREFF STANK"
2/20/12 11:27 PM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AokiPants -
lockon -
lookoutawhale -  Joe is making the right call.  Rampage cant blame Rogan for being a 1 dimensional puncher. Joe is correct in saying that rampage should mix things up. He needs to balance out his kicks and punches with takedowns to keep his opponent guessing. Even when Rampage is losing he doenst change anything up. He just keeps throwing telegraphed punches. He needs to stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist. But Rampage is right its his fight, but that doesnt mean people have to like it a dry fight like that.

Rampage has been a super boring fighter in the UFC. No takedowns, no kicks just circle circle cirle punch for 5 rounds. He waits 5 rounds for a KO that never comes, loses and then swears he will come back stronger and return as a well rounded mixed martial artist that will harness his kicks and wrestling.

Not every fighter has to be GSP. A few of the things Rampage said about Rogan's commentary style have been brought up numerous times on this board, and usually agreed with. Whether it be the occasional biased commentary, or the calling for leg kicks.

Clearly he's just doing his job, and he's a fan too so he shouldn't get so much shit for it, but It shouldn't be so foreign to understand a toned down version of where Rampage is coming from.

Whether or not YOU believe one of the best light heavy weights of all time needs to "stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist" and begin mixing it up by sprinkling in takedowns or kicks shouldn't really matter if he's still winning, and being one of the most dangerous 205'ers out there. In the end it's his own style.

It's fair for Rogan and fans to critique him, but lets not act like he didn't just fight for the belt and is on some huge skid of losses because he's so one-dimensional. That "one-dimensional" style would still give many top 205'ers the fits, whether or not they know how to train for him.

As far as being boring, can't see I agree completely as I'd rather watch a Rampage over a long list of other fighters, but that's objective anyway.

I guess putting a "rock bottom amount of effort into his fights" would include dropping a million on a training camp; unless you're referring being stumped by a guy like Jon Jones who has a massive reach advantage on him.
Boom roasted Phone Post
Whether he roasted him or not is objective, as lockon would say. Phone Post
2/20/12 11:51 PM
lockon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Haha I caught that after. I'll edit it but the post is quoted twice anyway =/
2/21/12 1:50 AM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage needs to grow up. Rogan's right....how many guys have legimately lossed a title due to leg kicks besides Rampage?

he has a solid wrestling background, is extremly experienced and very talented athletically. why he doesn't do much beside boxing is beyond me....
2/21/12 4:36 AM
Elbeezy1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage - eternal dick Phone Post
2/21/12 9:09 AM
TekNyc

That's how you put a bully like Joe Rogan in his place.
2/21/12 11:08 AM
Neil Funk

Looks like Joe's going to be getting another really nice and sweet apology e-mail soon
2/21/12 11:33 AM
2buff

The problem that Rampage probably has with Joe Rogan is not his commentary (which is not biased against Rampage IMO), it probably has to do with the fact that Joe has not fought, cornered or trained any other fighter.

Joe is VERY knowlegable about martial arts and has serveral years experience competing in taekwondo and kick boxing which is more than most commentators, however, I can see why a fighter may not like Rogan. When a non fighter, coach, etc, starts critiquing the abilities and strategies of a fighter, he starts to labelled as an arm chair general. This situation is no different from Larry Merchant and his run in with boxers such as Oscar dela hoya, Vernon Forrest, and Floyd Mayweather because of his biased commentating. I can't think of any boxer having a run in with Emmanuelle Steward who often critized boxers during their fights.

Kenny Florian and Randy Couture would probably never get heat from any fighter if they critized a fighter's abilities because they have experienced the octagon first hand.
2/21/12 11:50 AM
Dr Violence
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/21/12 11:51 AM
2buff I agree with what you're saying generally, but there have been cases with both those guys. Liddell got pissed off at Randy because while commentating he claimed he never got hit in their first fight. Barnett got pissed off with some stuff Florian said on MMA live. I don't think it's a clear line between fighters/nonfighters, anyone who criticizes a pro fighter's fighting can expect to receive some criticism back. It's like anything in life, you hurt anyone's feelings they will respond in kind. Well actually not 'anyone', but touchy people will
2/21/12 1:04 PM
REDRUM_NYC

Rogan spinning wheel kick FTW !!!!!!
2/21/12 4:20 PM
John Nic

if i had to pick between watching a rampage/bader fight or joe rogan in a grappling tournament.. i'd go with rogan.

2/21/12 7:35 PM
lookoutawhale
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon - 
lookoutawhale - Joe is making the right call. Rampage cant blame Rogan for being a 1 dimensional puncher. Joe is correct in saying that rampage should mix things up. He needs to balance out his kicks and punches with takedowns to keep his opponent guessing. Even when Rampage is losing he doenst change anything up. He just keeps throwing telegraphed punches. He needs to stop being a boxer and fight as a mixed martial artist. But Rampage is right its his fight, but that doesnt mean people have to like it a dry fight like that.

As far as being boring, can't see I agree completely as I'd rather watch a Rampage over a long list of other fighters, but that's subjective anyway.

Rampage wanting to fight like GSP came out of his own words:

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rampage-wants-to-be-like-GSP.html

Rampage wants to be like GSP
May 28, 2009

"I haven't been slamming people in a while," he said. "I want to get back to slamming people and I want to be more unpredictable. That's what's got me this far, I was unpredictable back in the day. When I work on something and I find a love for something, I stick to it. So I was trying to box people and knock everybody out. Now I'm working on everything - I'm not just sticking to one thing. I want to be the Ultimate Fighter, the guy who can do everything - like GSP, baby."

Rampage admits that he wants to fight more unpredictably by mixing it up in like he did in Pride. He knows lately he doesnt do that and sticks to basic boxing to knock his opponents out.

A few days later after this interview was posted he ended up just boxing Rashad. Then boxing Lyoto then Matt Hammill. If he wants to do that its totally fine, its his life, its his fight. But its obvious to him, to Joe Rogan and to his fans that he should mix it up like he says he is always going to. Rampage should not get sensitive about this. He says he will fight with more aspects of his game, ends up boxing again, promises to fight more well rouned next fight and then ends up boxing again. Then when people ask why not fight more well rounded like you said you would, he gets mad.

Joe agrees he is biased in certain circumstances like Anderson Silva where Anderson will jog around the octagon for 5 rounds to a chorus of boos while Joe and Goldie praise his time killing like its amazing. But in this instance Joe and many posters are correct when they mention that Rampage should mix it up. It will allow him better chance to get a KO. Instead of telegraphing it, he can mix in takedowns and kicks so keep the opponent guessing. When the opposing fighter thinkins a kick is coming, or they brace in a takedown defence position a punch could hit them flush for the KO. Its better than trying to force a KO that doesnt come.

He never put a million dollars of his own money in his training camp. It was semantics. He was including money paid by MusclePharm, Wolfslair and himself towards camp. His exact words were

"For recent fights, it has been hard to work 100%, but no-one has needed to try to motivate me for this fight. I want my belt back. Between me, my Wolf's Lair team and the guys at the MusclePharm gym here in Denver, we've spent over $1million on this camp."

Who know what his cut of the training expenses was. A majority of it was most likely paid for by MusclePharm. Sponsors will pay a certain amount for their fighters and its no fluke that MusclePharm was marketed heavily in the countdowns featuring him. A few days prior to that countdown and Rampage making that comment the UFC and MuslePharm had signed an agreement to become official sponsors of the UFC

http://www.ufc.ca/news/ufc-muscle-pharm-partnership-092211

UFC® AND MUSCLEPHARM® ANNOUNCE MULTI-YEAR SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT

MusclePharm to Serve as Exclusive Nutritional Supplement Supplier of Ultimate Fighting Championship® in U.S. and Canada

They even purchased Rampage a lamborgini in the colour tone of the company colours after the jon jones debaucle.

http://i.imgur.com/ZCUYv.jpg

Regarding Jon Jones, Quinton was the one that initiated a boxing match with stretch armstrong. He said

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/101815.html

Jones won't fight me like a man - Rampage

"I guarantee you Jon Jones don't fight me like a man. Just like his boy, his old teammate Rashad [Evans]," Jackson said. "He come from a team, the Jackson team is the most boring team out there right now. I have to say that right now. Jackson, man, y'all are some boring fighters.
Y'all ruining MMA for me, straight up. All these gameplans and all this stuff. "

Well he boxed him and we all saw how that turned out. If maybe he had gameplanned or done something other than box he could have had a better shot.

In the end though it is his life and he can fight however he wants to but every fighter is open to criticism by fans, media and the commentators and he shouldnt get to pissy about that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.