UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wrestling movie/vid to motivate 8 year old?

2/20/12 11:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steamboat Bill
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/12 11:35 AM

I'm looking for something to show my 8 year-old who just started wrestling to help motivate him. He likes the sport, but watching regular freestyle/folkstyle matches only holds his attention briefly. I have ruled out "Vision Quest" for a little while because of the "R" rating. He is still of the opinion that he needs "karate" not wrestling in order to be able to fight for real. I've contemplated showing him some Coleman or Kerr matches, but we did have a few brief problems with him breaking rules (biting/striking) so I'm trying to stick to just wrestling.

Does anyone have any ideas for motivating movies or videos?
2/20/12 4:17 PM
ChipW
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

takedowns and falls is great.
2/20/12 4:18 PM
ChipW
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The streak
2/20/12 4:19 PM
ChipW

Varitas
2/23/12 3:45 PM
Steamboat Bill

Thanks ChipW. I'm going to start by checking out Takedowns & Falls.

I appreciate the help!
2/23/12 5:08 PM
ChipW

^^^Take downs and falls is available on Netflicks.  Its worth checking out for sure.  My 9yr old loves it. 
2/27/12 7:30 AM
RobMcKenzie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for any other recommended docos. Phone Post
3/1/12 3:17 PM
jayhaas08
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

takedowns and falls is great i have the movie but you can purchase it on itunes for like 10 or 15 bucks if you are interested!!!
8/17/12 3:59 PM
Dryfly

The movie "Legendary" is a good motivational wrestling movie for kids. IMHO
8/20/12 5:26 AM
JMurda
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vision Quest Phone Post
1/8/13 1:30 PM
DaCrusher
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dryfly - The movie "Legendary" is a good motivational wrestling movie for kids. IMHO

the youth wrestlers love this because it has John Cena in it and its really uplifting.

Takedown and Falls is phenomenal

My 7 year old watches Legendary all the time and my 10 year old gets pumped to Takedown and Falls...
1/8/13 3:15 PM
ChipW

Pinned is real good too. 

1/8/13 3:18 PM
ChipW

DaCrusher - 
Dryfly - The movie "Legendary" is a good motivational wrestling movie for kids. IMHO

the youth wrestlers love this because it has John Cena in it and its really uplifting.

Takedown and Falls is phenomenal

My 7 year old watches Legendary all the time and my 10 year old gets pumped to Takedown and Falls...

Its hard to beat Take downs and Falls for a wrestling documentary.   Myself and my son had the pleasure of watching Marshall Peppelman, the younger brother from the movie, wrestle at the southern scuffle two weeks ago.  He is now a junior or senior at Cornell.  Pretty cool. 

Check out the trailer fpor Pinned above.  Your kid will like that one as well. 

1/19/13 1:47 AM
rummy
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
2/3/13 10:53 PM
wdthedream

Vision quest or reversal Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.