UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> What should I have in my bag?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/20/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LeftBench
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my gun safe I'd like to have a survival bag(s) and other items that I can grab in a hurry should the shit ever hit the fan.

Right now I have guns, a crossbow, ammo, machete with sheath, a few knives (folding and fixed blade w sheath), a hatchet, magnesium fire starter, 300 ft of paracord, water purifying tablets, hand a foot warmers, basic first aid kit, emergency blanket.

Looking for relatively cheap, but sturdy cooking tools to take on the go. Suggestions appreciated. Any suggestions on other things I should pick up?
2/20/12 11:45 AM
LeftBench
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forgot to mention I have a few flashlights as well.
2/20/12 11:00 PM
one eye wonder
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5 pack of bic lighters.
2/23/12 2:37 PM
TheHouse
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need your bag somewhere you can grab it. If it is in your safe, up in your closet of your bedroom and there is a fire..... it is going to be tough to remember the key to the safe/or the code or whatnot.

In my opinion and emergency bag should have clothes, shoes, jacket, some toiletries spare keys, copies of insurance, a little bit of money, food and water. Maybe some medical supplies. It should also be near the exit of your house.

Now "The end of the world as we know it" bag could be kept in there as well although now your wasting space for other ammunition, firearms etc.

But it is all relative. If you can get to it, good, if you can't get to it in a hurry then depending on the emergency you might be Shit out of luck.
3/5/12 1:23 PM
simthefarmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

things to add:
-photocopies of all your important paper (credit cards, passports, etc.)
-some food that will not require cooking
-radio
3/5/12 1:49 PM
LeftBench

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to be making a smaller bag for my vehicle. The main one will be in my house, hopefully it doesn't ever burn down :)

I'm going to be adding lots of ammo. Bought a trauma kit. Getting batteries, crank flashlight/radio, and the photocopies of important documents was a great idea.

I am also stocking my crawl space with non perishable foods.
3/5/12 2:03 PM
simthefarmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would also put everything in freezer ziplock bags.
saves space, organizes your stuff, prevents your things from getting wet and the bags can be used later to collect things or water
3/12/12 6:26 PM
LeroyJ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ny ready bag is roughly the same as my hiking bag, so there's a bunch of stuff like a water filter, stove, basic cooking stuff, tarp, first aid kit, water bottle with duct tape wrapped around it, bunch of firestarter stuff (lighter, cotton balls with vaseline, metal match etc.) multi-tool, hatchet, clothes including a couple of hats (using a layering system with a good waterproof outer layer), cash & credit cards, copies of ID and a thumb drive with some stuff on it. It's not so much a BOB as it is a convenient way to store my hiking gear.
4/12/12 10:45 PM
sourcheese
283 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flask of hardcore vodka

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.