UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> IBJJF Kids Pan

2/20/12 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoinmotion
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PowerSource Martial Arts, Owner

I was surprised to see so many "Judo Kids" doing well in this competition. I recognize some faces from the Judo National tournaments.
2/21/12 11:36 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre, Did your kids fight? I didn't see any judo club names in the results?
2/21/12 6:41 PM
judoinmotion
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, jbb.
They did. Alec got 2nd place. lost for 3 advantage points to a very good kid from Brazil. Funny thing, I spoke to the one of the boys coach who told me that they were watching Alec's fights on you tube night before. lol.
Madison got 3rd place and it was a close match were Madison lost by 2 points and 1 advantage.
I assume that most of judo schools are associated with a BJJ organization. In my case, I am with Carlson Gracie.
2/21/12 8:08 PM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, thanks. Congrats on both Alec and Madison's. Are you posting any video?
2/21/12 10:44 PM
judoinmotion

Edited: 02/22/12 12:54 AM
I am horrible in recording and coaching at the same time, so I only got one decent record of one of Alec's match. I'll post it soon.
2/22/12 9:52 AM
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoinmotion - I was surprised to see so many "Judo Kids" doing well in this competition. I recognize some faces from the Judo National tournaments.

I thought I saw your kids competing but I was not sure. Next year let me know you are in town ; we had a 4 hour technique practice on saturday it would had been great to have you guys train with us.

we won 6 golds, 3 silvers, and 3 bronez but more important the kids had a lot of exhibition matches. Erin acutally had 3 girls in her division this year.
2/22/12 9:57 AM
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt - Andre, Did your kids fight? I didn't see any judo club names in the results?

The most of the judo players who compete in bjj actually belong to a bjj club so they compete under their bjj club.

There were great throws at this tournament but some kids got knock out or injured because they did not fall correctly
2/22/12 11:07 AM
gbutts

jjb here a couple of matches. I'm like judoinmotion it is very hard coach and record at same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHLtD8zjsE&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jCO0Rfk4I&context=C39369a1ADOEgsToPDskLq9Qfdz5J-GwhbZPzcMAoJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGncbZCQxk&feature=context&context=C39369a1ADOEgsToPDskLq9Qfdz5J-GwhbZPzcMAoJ
2/22/12 11:09 AM
gbutts

judoinmotion - are you coming out to the naga in san francisco in september it's suppose to be a large turn out
2/22/12 12:22 PM
judoinmotion

gbutts - judoinmotion - are you coming out to the naga in san francisco in september it's suppose to be a large turn out

I am not sure if we are going. Alec had 7 kids on his division, he didn't do any throws in any of his 3 fights. Where are you located? We will definitely go visit your school next time! I was thinking in taking them to the Jiu-Jitsu Worlds in July in CA, do you know if this is a good tournament to go?
2/22/12 12:31 PM
judoinmotion

Here is Alec's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOSl215NDGk
2/22/12 7:56 PM
gbutts

judoinmotion - 
gbutts - judoinmotion - are you coming out to the naga in san francisco in september it's suppose to be a large turn out

I am not sure if we are going. Alec had 7 kids on his division, he didn't do any throws in any of his 3 fights. Where are you located? We will definitely go visit your school next time! I was thinking in taking them to the Jiu-Jitsu Worlds in July in CA, do you know if this is a good tournament to go?

We run are training center at Millennia MMA in Fontana . If you are talking about the kids worlds that Rommel Dunbar runs in riverside don't go it is the worst organized tournament. We encounter the same problem of our people not using their throws about a year ago , their problem was that they were training 70% bjj and 30% judo , since than we train 65% judo( including no- gi) and 35% bjj and sambo. We really focused on off the grip attacks.
2/23/12 2:50 AM
gbutts

gbutts - jjb here a couple of matches. I'm like judoinmotion it is very hard coach and record at same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHLtD8zjsE&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jCO0Rfk4I&context=C39369a1ADOEgsToPDskLq9Qfdz5J-GwhbZPzcMAoJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGncbZCQxk&feature=context&context=C39369a1ADOEgsToPDskLq9Qfdz5J-GwhbZPzcMAoJ

more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiwtlKH9xaY&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhM1MPU3_Dc&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhM1MPU3_Dc&feature=channel
2/23/12 2:54 AM
gbutts

judoinmotion- In June there will three weeks of bjj and no-gi grappling in southern California and all three weeks will have tournaments on Saturday and Sunday
2/23/12 9:35 PM
judoblackbelt

I watched all the matches and impressed by the skill level I see. The judo kids are excellent as passing the guard. Gary- nice to have you back on the forum. What is Crystal up to? Judo? BJJ? thanks,
2/24/12 12:48 AM
judoinmotion

gbutts - 
judoinmotion - 

We run are training center at Millennia MMA in Fontana . If you are talking about the kids worlds that Rommel Dunbar runs in riverside don't go it is the worst organized tournament. We encounter the same problem of our people not using their throws about a year ago , their problem was that they were training 70% bjj and 30% judo , since than we train 65% judo( including no- gi) and 35% bjj and sambo. We really focused on off the grip attacks.

That's the one I was thinking in taking them to. I checked the results from last year and it seems that it was not well attended. Well, whenever I have chance, I would like to stop by you. I am not sure what we are gonna do in June yet.
We also work based on the next competition.
2/26/12 3:45 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad you guys had a good time!
2/27/12 4:09 AM
gbutts

judoblackbelt - I watched all the matches and impressed by the skill level I see. The judo kids are excellent as passing the guard. Gary- nice to have you back on the forum. What is Crystal up to? Judo? BJJ? thanks,

Crystal is in college now, so she only train 3X a week. She started training for the bjj pan am and judo senior nationals. This probably her last year competing in judo for awhile because she is going to start doing MMA fights in 2013. She also trying to make 2012 US national Pankration team.
2/27/12 7:43 AM
judoblackbelt

Thanks, see you at the Nationals in Irving Texas in April. All the US best will be there

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.