UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ben Henderson: First, I gotta get my hands on him

2/21/12 9:31 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ben Henderson recently appeared by phone from Japan on HDNet's Inside MMA, and discussed how he plans to beat UFC Lightweight Frankie Edgar in their title fight on Saturday.

"We have some new tricks that we might unveil for the fight, as far as holding him on the ground. But holding him there is not our biggest concern; it's getting him there. He's fast. He's light on his feet. He has a lot of movement. He moves around very well. So, first thing's first and that's getting our hands on him, cutting off the ring, cornering him to get our hands on him. And then after that, if he pops back up, let him pop back up. If we took him down once, we can take him down again. It's just a matter of cornering him, cutting off the ring and getting our hands on him."

"I think it's gonna be a fun affair. I think it's gonna be action packed. You're gonna have a little bit of 'true MMA,' with work on the feet and on the ground. It'll be a little bit of everywhere. You'll see a little bit of everything. The only thing I'm really too concerned about is losing a round by a couple points here, losing a round by a couple points there and ultimately going to a decision. That's the only thing I really am concerned about. But, you know. It is what it is. We'll see how it plays out."

"I think it'll be two very good wrestlers going in there and, because we are two very good wrestlers, it will end up being a stand up fight for the majority of the fight. If that's the case, I'm ready to do that for 25 minutes and say, 'Let's have a kickboxing match for 25 minutes.' I'm okay with that."

"It's pretty cool to be here in Japan and to be fighting in Japan and all that. Logistically, getting used to the time difference and all that fun stuff -- it is what it is. You gotta deal with it and do the bets you can and you hopefully have your best performance, come fight night."

Read entire article...

2/21/12 9:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Bendo's got the right kind of plan to get it done.

This one's gonna be a war.
2/21/12 9:35 AM
Ghost of Retard
756 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be fun to watch
2/21/12 10:01 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghost of Retard - This will be fun to watch
This. Phone Post
2/21/12 10:03 AM
FUTA WON(c)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the best potential lightweight fights right now IMO.

I love the lightweight division, rarely is there a boring fight.
2/21/12 10:14 AM
jct71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A rare fight with both guys being class acts and well rounded fighters. This could turn into another awesome close fought trilogy. Pulling for Frankie but won't be too upset if Bendo wins, he will have earned it.
2/21/12 11:28 AM
Leck Brosnar

Salokcin69 - 
Ghost of Retard - This will be fun to watch
This.

2/21/12 11:37 AM
Malvert the Janitor
938 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be entertaining to observe. Phone Post
2/21/12 3:58 PM
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm ready to do that for 25 minutes and say, 'Let's have a kickboxing match for 25 minutes.' I'm okay with that."
^ Sounds like Frankie already won.
2/21/12 4:05 PM
4thHorsemen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This will be pleasurable to view. Phone Post
2/21/12 4:49 PM
Stu Cazzo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis -  I see Edgar trying to run away for 5 rds. Phone Post
Who has Frankie ever run away from?

Even when he's rocked he's trying to trade.

I don't remember him not taking the fight to anybody -
2/21/12 4:52 PM
Fat Guys Food

Frankie's camp, secret footage

2/21/12 4:54 PM
Fat Guys Food

Stu Cazzo - 
Sal Penis -  I see Edgar trying to run away for 5 rds. Phone Post
Who has Frankie ever run away from?

-

He completely won me over in the Maynard fights but in the 1st BJ fight he did some horrific dance & air punch thing that was disgusting to watch.

2/21/12 4:58 PM
BooZe

Fat Guys Food -
 Frankie's camp, secret footage

Lmao that was awesome Phone Post
2/22/12 4:19 AM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he's got a good, realistic gameplan.
2/22/12 4:32 AM
MMApostle

Love Bendo, not really a fan of Frankie. Going to be an amazing fight. Would love a Bendo Pettis rematch after too.
2/22/12 5:27 AM
Jaybrone
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fat Guys Food - 

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/6JzcqALklRs", "postVideo-38240172-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-38240172");  Frankie's camp, secret footage

Is it wrong or racist that I was totally expecting that kid to be asian when we finally saw his face?

Anyway Bendo has the right mindset he is a smart well rounded fighter and I am pulling for him.
2/22/12 12:16 PM
Ocean6

Card - 
"I'm ready to do that for 25 minutes and say, 'Let's have a kickboxing match for 25 minutes.' I'm okay with that."
^ Sounds like Frankie already won.

My thought exactly. This is the WRONG approach to take with Francesco.

Want Bendo to win, but my $ has been placed on Frank.
2/22/12 12:17 PM
Anarkis
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And that is why he won't win.
2/22/12 12:40 PM
Jared Vergara

"You gotta deal with it and do the bets you can and you hopefully have your best performance, come fight night.

I'm thinking Bendo is right we gotta do the bets and hope we are good gamblers come fight night.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.