UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hunt: 'I want my black monkey face on the poster'

2/23/12 12:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Mark Hunt debuted in the UFC, after losing five in a row in PRIDE and K-1, due to a contractual obligation inucurred when the world's premier MMA organization bought its number one rival - PRIDE FC. Then he lost his debut, to Sean McCorkle, who has since been released.

However, Hunt is now on a two-fight streak, over Chris Tuchscherer (spectacular) and Ben Rothwell (not spectacular) and now faces gatekeeper Cheick Kongo this Saturday at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, on the seven-fight main card airing live on pay-per-view.

In a recent interview with MMA Junkie, Hunt covered a range of topics, starting with how he got there:

"I feel I'm one of the best fighters on the planet," Hunt said. "Why do I have to explain myself for being a part of the UFC? Every time, people say, 'You just got your deal because of the contract.' I got my deal because I'm talented. C'mon.

"I've been fighting for a long time. I deserve a little bit of respect. But it is what it is, and that's the way it is, and I just say no comment now, so when it gets brought up, I don't have to talk about it, blah-blah-blah. At the end of the day, what are they going to say, anyway?

"So, no comment."

Hunt does however offer comment about his absence from the fight poster.

"I still don't know why I'm not on the poster," he said.

"I'm not complaining or nothing – it's just, wait a minute, I'm third from the end and I don't get my little black monkey face on the poster? Just a little picture. Just on the corner or something."

So what does Hunt want?

"Of course, the long-term goal is to fight for the belt," Hunt said. "But it goes as always for me that I want big money. We've all got to eat. There's no questions on why I do it. I love fighting and everything, but we've all got to have a job. I'll fight as long as people employ me to do it."

Read entire article...

2/23/12 12:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so the mind games with cheik begin
2/23/12 12:47 PM
HumbleFighter20

thats racist
2/23/12 12:55 PM
hankatron
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm desperate for Hunt to win this one. My opinion of Kongo sways between "meh" and "strong dislike for his character", whereas I can't think of a bad thing to say about Hunt. Phone Post
2/23/12 12:59 PM
chesty_1775

Edited: 02/23/12 12:59 PM
 wow...if he was white he`d be getting protested right now

but anyways....he`s a good fighter...but undercard type of guy. not really material for the poster..
2/23/12 1:01 PM
Ghengiseanie

chesty_1775 -  wow...if he was white he`d be getting protested right now

but anyways....he`s a good fighter...but undercard type of guy. not really material for the poster..

So if a whit guy said is my white monkey face not ont he poster hed be protested? Pfft. Stretching. 
2/23/12 1:03 PM
Apocalypse NoW
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goku -  so the mind games with cheik begin

lol!
2/23/12 1:04 PM
jjj2121

I have a strong feeling that this fight is going to suck.  Ol' Cup Cheick gonna be shooting from the locker room.
2/23/12 1:05 PM
HumbleFighter20

wait... hunt is black?
2/23/12 1:10 PM
OzMafioso
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I totally missed what he was implying with that statement. I don't know what to think, was actually kinda funny. Phone Post
2/23/12 1:11 PM
Sofa King Cool
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huh? Phone Post
2/23/12 1:11 PM
Richard Tuck
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put that BMF on the poster
2/23/12 1:22 PM
Morgz
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HumbleFighter20 - wait... hunt is black?

Was gonig to ask the same thing
2/23/12 1:30 PM
Floppy Divac
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol!! goku is correct
2/23/12 1:33 PM
unfilter
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/23/12 1:35 PM

(thanks smoogy) 
Morgz - 

Was gonig to ask the same thing

2/23/12 1:51 PM
EnderTL
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet "little black monkey face" is what someone said to him in Japan one time haha Phone Post
2/23/12 2:22 PM
RandyDarsh
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EnderTL - I bet "little black monkey face" is what someone said to him in Japan one time haha Phone Post
Someone got it Phone Post
2/23/12 2:22 PM
mygodthisMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overreacting to his harmless comment aside, this is a teriffic matchup. Phone Post
2/23/12 2:25 PM
Gooner Likes Gogos

cool ya self - 
Pork Sword - 

No but Kongo is. He basically said "his black monkey face is on the poster so why isn't mine?" just in a slightly less direct way.

Do you know how to read? How the fuck do you come up with that? And Kongo's not even on the poster.

this. havent seen a single poster with kongo on it. clearly someone is a drama queen.
2/23/12 3:16 PM
EnderTL
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pork Sword -

No but Kongo is. He basically said "his black monkey face is on the poster so why isn't mine?" just in a slightly less direct way.
Haha you dumb ass. Phone Post
2/23/12 3:16 PM
sgotwalks
948 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pork Sword - 

Dude, you're on a roll lately. I've seen some really stupid posts from you..............oh, and you have the most obnoxious name on the UG. Congratulations, that is not an easy feat.
2/23/12 4:18 PM
Doem

i like hunt but he has come out overconfident and sounds, at times, a little entitled for a guy who was getting beat by 185 pounders in Japan.
"one of the best in the world"
"kongo isnt a bad fighter or anything but....."
"I want my face on the poster"

I can kind of see how he went not training for all those years.
he is showing himself to have a bit of a narrow view of the world.
2/23/12 5:11 PM
Infamous Ed

Hunt is going to receive an extra nasty nut shot now Phone Post
2/24/12 1:10 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be pretty sweet if Hunt won by devastating KO. Nobody really expects it and though Congo style is somewhat appealing i just do not thing he is very good hence his fans need a small reality check.

As for the ''comment'' people are blowing this completely out of proportion. I know racism comes in all kind of forms but i would be pretty amazed if Hunt meant it in a racist manner.

And i do believe he deserved his name on the card. Especially i Congo got to be there as well.
2/24/12 1:15 PM
MoBeffah
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ "pork sword". No, just the name. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.