UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> 44 special vs. 45 acp ?

2/25/12 10:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
antbrew56
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm interested in buying a new revolver but I wanted the input of this forum. I really like the S&W 45 acp revolver by Jerry Mikulek but that thing is hard to find and very expensive. I held a Bulldog 44 special yesterday and I liked the size, fit and the price but it only held 5 rounds that are hard to find. I also don't know anything about the knockdown power or the recoil of the 44 special. What about the accuracy of a 2.5 inch vs. a 4 inch barrell in a revolver. I am really hoping the collective wisdom of this forum can guide my purchase.

Thanks in Advance,
AntBrew
2/26/12 1:21 PM
Muppetmower88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just post to the og this forum is dead no one will offer you help in here
2/27/12 3:07 PM
46and2
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The actual accuracy difference in the 2.5 inch barrel vs the 4 inch barrel has more to do with the sight picture than it does with the actual inherent accuracy of the gun itself.

That just means it's a lot easier to aim the longer barrel, so you will think the gun is more accurate.... If you are real good at shooting, you should be able to (within reason) do pretty well with both at normal distances for a pistol.

As far as knockdown power, I know nothing of 44 special so I can't help you there. 45 ACP is a bad mofo, though.
3/10/12 8:10 PM
gregbrady
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get a .44 mag revolver You can shoot .44 specials out of it

It's stupid to get a revolver in 45 ACP. That cartridge is unnecessarily hobbled for a revolver.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.