UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bader: I want this, does Rampage?

2/25/12 10:31 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"You know, he came in pretty heavy. It wasn't just a few pounds, you know? So it is what it is really. I'm not going to sit and dwell about it. I came all the way to Japan, I didn't come here to question somebody and go home. I came here to fight and to fight Rampage, so that's what we're gonna do. I took the fight, and we're gonna fight."

"Long flight. I trained my butt off,went through a great camp. I feel ready now and now's the time to go out there and win. Just had to talk it over a little bit and we took the fight immediately. There was no time we were ever saying we weren't going to take it."

"You question, did he really take it that seriously? I'll look back and see if he ever missed weight before. I don't know if he has. But it kind of puts that in my mind. I want this. Does he?"

"I realy don't care if he made weight, that's all on him."

2/25/12 10:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GROUNDnLB
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't believe page missed weight for the first time ever. Phone Post
2/25/12 10:52 AM
Mica Kizbig
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bader is also in line for a pretty decent pay day. What is 20% of Jacksons purse compared to Baders purse for showing?
2/25/12 10:54 AM
cycklops
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is there no uproar about Rampage missing weight? I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was all gunning for Rampage to beat Bader, and I LIKE Bader. Then he jumped on the scale and I immediately lost it and wanted Bader to win.
2/25/12 11:41 AM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty crazy shit. Injury? Ok. But didn't Rampage recently comment about fighting with injury before? Never caused him to miss weight.

In all honesty, I don't think Page has a ton of respect for Bader. I really think he believes this will be an easy fight. Phone Post
2/25/12 11:49 AM
toovie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought this does page really want this is this his final bow in ufc or has he put to much muscle mass on? I have been in denial that rampage only fights for the money n not the love anymore n i thght japan would bring the best out of him but it is his worst buy not making weight, bader's confidence just went sky high imo Phone Post
2/25/12 11:51 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cycklops -  Why is there no uproar about Rampage missing weight? I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was all gunning for Rampage to beat Bader, and I LIKE Bader. Then he jumped on the scale and I immediately lost it and wanted Bader to win.

Cuase when it's your first time missing weight in over 40 pro fights you most likely had a good reason.
2/25/12 11:53 AM
Steve4192
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mica Kizbig - Bader is also in line for a pretty decent pay day. What is 20% of Jacksons purse compared to Baders purse for showing?

20% of Rampage's last purse is a little more than 100% of Bader's last purse. Rampage's last reported show purse was $250K while Bader's was $48K. Bader just doubled his money.
2/25/12 12:01 PM
Mica Kizbig
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OR, he could just be enjoying his first trip back to Japan in a while, a little too much.
2/25/12 12:04 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Bader looks like a giant version of Gray Maynard... Hell they have a similar fighting style too.
2/25/12 12:05 PM
Smith1234
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Rampage loses. Nobody likes misses this big, no matter the prior history or the injury. He just left the never missed weight club, and lets be honest it is not very exclusive, and any excuse is a bad one. Phone Post
2/25/12 2:48 PM
anpack20
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is 5 lbs really that much, considering that when they actually fight they're well over the 205 lb limit anyway? 
2/25/12 3:06 PM
FLMikeATT

Steve4192 - 
Mica Kizbig - Bader is also in line for a pretty decent pay day. What is 20% of Jacksons purse compared to Baders purse for showing?

20% of Rampage's last purse is a little more than 100% of Bader's last purse. Rampage's last reported show purse was $250K while Bader's was $48K. Bader just doubled his money.

Wow. Bader should be delighted as fuck over the fact that Rampage missed weight.

I know I would if it meant I would make an extra $62,500
2/25/12 3:15 PM
that new guy

Sucks that Rampage missed weight but has he really ever missed weight? Prob legit excuse.
2/25/12 7:33 PM
H Bomb

i really hope there is a serious reason why he would be so overweight.

i would hate to think rampage didnt take his return to japan or bader serious enough to make weight. Really thought rampage had a good chance to stifle baders takedowns and clinch early and inflict some punishment on him.

2/25/12 7:40 PM
ChaosOverkill
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage is worn out and having a mid life crisis. Its natural for someone in this game and having the rough life before it that he did.
2/25/12 8:00 PM
Ensanity
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous -
cycklops -  Why is there no uproar about Rampage missing weight? I don't know why it bothers me so much. I was all gunning for Rampage to beat Bader, and I LIKE Bader. Then he jumped on the scale and I immediately lost it and wanted Bader to win.

Cuase when it's your first time missing weight in over 40 pro fights you most likely had a good reason.
Thiiiiiiis!!!!!! Phone Post
2/25/12 8:06 PM
BrianStannFan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ensanity - 
Lahzerous -

Thiiiiiiis!!!!!! Phone Post

2/25/12 8:07 PM
BrianStannFan

^^ not sure how you count reasons by the rack or the rib?
2/25/12 8:19 PM
ShadoKhan
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_BlahBreh -
anpack20 -  Is 5 lbs really that much, considering that when they actually fight they're well over the 205 lb limit anyway? 

oh man huge difference.
Huuuge Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.