UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Nage Komi is a must for high level judo.

2/26/12 3:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jgunner24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has anyone worked Nage Komi into their training regimen? I have been implementing it into the training I've the past week and still have to get used to the dizziness... Any thoughts? Phone Post
2/26/12 3:43 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how could anybody become even "piss poor" at Judo and not do thousands of nage komi?????
2/26/12 9:44 PM
jgunner24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua, what are you referring to? Phone Post
2/27/12 7:53 AM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YOu can do a drill similar to nage komi where you throw a line of partners maybe 3-4 times each on a crash pad with full force. That way your partner doesn't take the brunt of the throw and you completely follow thru. Or you can do 2 or 3 uchikomi's and throw completely on say the 4 uchikomi. Judo doesn't have to be hard core unless you are a top level player.
2/28/12 10:49 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf?
I can't remember a class where we didn't do nage komi. Tori is practicing his throw, I'm being a good uke and practicing my ukemi. It's just how you learn.. (or at least how I learned.)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.