UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ring Girl Union: Will the Strike Work?

2/27/12 10:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
duckhuntgangsta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respected MMA.tv journalist FrontRowBrian (FRB) recently uncovered a planned strike by Arianny and company if their union demands aren't met. These demands include:

1) health insurance

2) maternity leave

3) 401K

4) profit sharing

5) Paid vacation and sick days

6) Likeness rights -- royalties from DVD and video games sales

Seems to be a pretty strong stance. While I'm sure there is a segment of the fan base that would love to see a pregnant ring girl, I would venture to say the vast majority would rather keep their fantasy of making a ring girl into a ring woman to themselves. And asking for 401K seems to be a bit unrealistic considering it's more than Frankie Edgar's last contracted purse, but hey a closed mouth doesn't get fed. Honestly, I can't say I blame them. After all, the plight of the ring girl is the closest thing we have in America to modern day slavery. I'm not sure what exactly they do in between weekends of bikini wearing, but they deserve a break from it, on the house.

Be strong ladies!! The union works if you do!!

Sympathetically,

DHG Phone Post
2/27/12 10:54 AM
r_o_y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol....WHUT?
2/27/12 11:01 AM
frontrowbrian

these young ladies deserve the benefits. They're being denied so forming a union is the only choice.

Another point of contention from the Octagon girls is travel arrangements. They are often stuck in coach. They are requesting first class round trip tickets for the groundbreaking first ever Octagon Girl Collective Bargaining Agreement

The tough part will be the random drug testing. Will the formidable Octagon Girls Union go for it?
2/27/12 11:05 AM
ranier wolfcastle
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, sure would be easy to find a hot replacement to hold a card
2/27/12 11:11 AM
Xad
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/27/12 11:17 AM
2/27/12 11:13 AM
jjj2121

Edited: 02/27/12 11:13 AM
 Arianny is vehemently opposed to PED testing from what my sources are hearing.  There have long been whispers about her seemingly unlimited endurance, weekend after weekend being able to strut around the cage, hit the afterparties and perform misc. extra duties with rich Arabians...there is no way she's doing that all naturally.

We may have a prolonged strike on our hands...I have heard Zuffa is fitting Team Alpha Male aka Team Little People for uniforms as replacement Octagon girls if needed.  If you get drunk enough Joseph Benavidez looks a little like Arianny and Chad Mendes/Urijah Faber can rotate the role of Brittney.

2/27/12 11:15 AM
duckhuntgangsta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FRB pointed out there are legitimate concerns about heath care insurance. Aside from the inherent work related risks of twisting an ankle, or getting a paper cut, the strenuous ring girl lifestyle interferes with their ability to hold down a regular 9-5 job that has pay benefits. It's hard not to side with them here. Phone Post
2/27/12 11:16 AM
DanEzra
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They can't strike!

How will we know what round it is!?!?
2/27/12 11:18 AM
diggity

frontrowbrian -  these young ladies deserve the benefits. They're being denied so forming a union is the only choice.

Another point of contention from the Octagon girls is travel arrangements. They are often stuck in coach. They are requesting first class round trip tickets for the groundbreaking first ever Octagon Girl Collective Bargaining Agreement

The tough part will be the random drug testing. Will the formidable Octagon Girls Union go for it?
What's your beef with ring girls? Phone Post
2/27/12 11:18 AM
duckhuntgangsta

jjj2121 -  Arianny is vehemently opposed to PED testing from what my sources are hearing.  There have long been whispers about her seemingly unlimited endurance, weekend after weekend being able to strut around the cage, hit the afterparties and perform misc. extra duties with rich Arabians...there is no way she's doing that all naturally.

We may have a prolonged strike on our hands...I have heard Zuffa is fitting Team Alpha Male aka Team Little People for uniforms as replacement Octagon girls if needed.  If you get drunk enough Joseph Benavidez looks a little like Arianny and Chad Mendes/Urijah Faber can rotate the role of Brittney.

Hmmm I'd need LookOutAWhale's graphic expertise to help me get a visual. I didn't know Arianny had a stance on drug testing. Does the NASC test for silicone? Phone Post
2/27/12 11:19 AM
donnybrook
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a union member I know most things are based on seniority. In a few years this would make for some "interesting" sights between rounds in title fights!
2/27/12 11:19 AM
duckhuntgangsta

Mihow - ^ one on the left is mine

looks like she has strong feet, you can tell by the thighs
My left or stage left? Phone Post
2/27/12 11:20 AM
Garv
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedJoke.com, Nick Diaz's Supplier
 They work hard so your dick doesn't have to.
2/27/12 11:21 AM
The Cooler

FRB is both serious journalist and troll.

Why doesn't he get the respect he deserves?
2/27/12 11:22 AM
duckhuntgangsta

FRB, any word in their demands for profit sharing? Do they want a cut on each PPV or just be eligible for fight night bonuses? Phone Post
2/27/12 11:23 AM
duckhuntgangsta

Garv -  They work hard so your dick doesn't have to.
Weird, my urologist uses the same slogan. Phone Post
2/27/12 11:25 AM
Garv
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 

My proctologist, Dr. Goldfinger, says something similar as well. 
2/27/12 11:40 AM
Sonnen Fanboy

I won't miss em that's for sure Phone Post
2/27/12 11:41 AM
duckhuntgangsta

Garv -
duckhuntgangsta - 

German guy? White hair? Good people Phone Post
2/27/12 11:43 AM
frontrowbrian

duckhuntgangsta -  FRB, any word in their demands for profit sharing? Do they want a cut on each PPV or just be eligible for fight night bonuses? Phone Post

Based on senority, the Octagon girls Union wants a PPV cut similar to that of Brock Lesnar's which amounted to roughly $2.50 per buy.

Arianny would qualify for $2.50 per buy... Brittney would have to make due with $1.75 per buy but there are performance escalators which could make up for her lack of senority.

New Octagon girl engineers would start out at $0.75 per PPV buy and have to work themselves up

2/27/12 11:43 AM
Garv

duckhuntgangsta - 
Garv -
duckhuntgangsta - 

German guy? White hair? Good people Phone Post

Actually haven't used him in awhile since I found a new guy.  He's from Jamaica.  Dr. Pokemon.
2/27/12 11:59 AM
duckhuntgangsta

frontrowbrian - 
duckhuntgangsta -  FRB, any word in their demands for profit sharing? Do they want a cut on each PPV or just be eligible for fight night bonuses? Phone Post

Based on senority, the Octagon girls Union wants a PPV cut similar to that of Brock Lesnar's which amounted to roughly $2.50 per buy.

Arianny would qualify for $2.50 per buy... Brittney would have to make due with $1.75 per buy but there are performance escalators which could make up for her lack of senority.

New Octagon girl engineers would start out at $0.75 per PPV buy and have to work themselves up

You best be kidding. They are out of their minds if they think they'll get Brock Lesnar money. No seriously, what kind of profit sharing are they asking for? I know you're close with the matriarchs. What are they thinking? 
2/27/12 12:09 PM
duckhuntgangsta

Is this why we haven't seen Chandella? Phone Post
2/27/12 12:13 PM
standupwarrior
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
2/27/12 1:48 PM
duckhuntgangsta

FRB inspired and killed this thread. He is the be-all and end-all of MMA. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.