UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Siyar Bahadurzada leaves Golden Glory

2/27/12 9:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Unhappy with his longtime management company and MMA team, former Shooto and Sengoku champion Siyar Bahadurzada is leaving Golden Glory, two months prior to his UFC debut, which comes at UFC on FUEL TV 2.

"They didn't pay me my money for the Glory World Series that I fought in May 2011, and they're keeping me in the dark about my contract and extended the contract for another five years," Bahadurzada said.

"Right now I don't have any manager. My friend, Ryan Parsons, is helping me through my next fight. I think I'll be training between U.S. and Amsterdam, like I am now. We'll see."

Bahadurzada was slated to receive $150,000 for winning the Glory World Series, which took place between 2010 and 2011. 

Read entire article...

2/27/12 10:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas Rutten is gonna be PISSED.
KimboByGhettoplex
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas: Siyar has a glass jaw.
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting
2/27/12 10:10 PM
Chris Power
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rough times for GG - I get the feeling this year's not gonna go so well for their international reputation.
2/27/12 10:36 PM
InvisibleControl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to hear him diss Siyar on Inside MMA when it comes time for him to fight lol.
2/27/12 10:47 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems to b a ba year for GG they lost two of their biggest fighters right when they finally made it to the big show Phone Post
2/28/12 12:41 AM
WRESTLENOW

ive said it b4 and ill say it again;

fuck golden glory.
2/28/12 12:45 AM
Floppy Divac
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is Bas Rutten's relation to Golden Glory?
2/28/12 12:59 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KimboByGhettoplex - Bas: Siyar has a glass jaw.

you didn't know this before Bas said it?
2/28/12 1:01 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tons of hate on Zuffa for not paying fighters enough. at least their fighters get paid anything. Pathetic that these promotions won't pay what they promise in the contract.
2/28/12 5:06 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floppy Divac -  What is Bas Rutten's relation to Golden Glory?

He is friends with the managment and trainers
2/28/12 5:39 AM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Bas voiced the same opinion of Alistair on Rogans podcast. It is nothing new. He didnt say "glass jaw" then, but he might as well have. Said something like i tell alistair to let it go, but he throws only single power punches and rarely combos because he knows what happens when he opens up too much. Phone Post
2/28/12 6:09 AM
Toquinho
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas Rutten:
I didnt want to initiate this subject but since you ask me:

Siyar has a glass jaw
Siyar will lose next match
Siyar is gold digger
Siyar screwd friends over money
Siyar disresect GG trainers who made him
I dont think high of Siyar no more
GG always did eveything for Siyar
GG always made sure he got paid

Blablabla truth is:

Siyar is a great entertaining fighter and GG does not have a flawless rep so... Fuck it and enjoy he is finally in ufc Phone Post
2/28/12 7:06 AM
romfartuna
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dion Staring left GG as well.
2/28/12 7:49 AM
Toquinho
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golddiggers Glory Phone Post
2/28/12 7:56 AM
Chomas
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If someone owed me 150,000$ I would be a lot more pissed off than that Phone Post
2/28/12 8:04 AM
Mr Sponge

KimboByGhettoplex - Bas: Siyar has a glass jaw.
Lol Phone Post
2/28/12 11:29 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And the empire is crumbling......

I think Bas will do the smart thing and no comment on the situation.Even though he is friends with a lot of people at Golden Glory he probably knows it is probably smarter to let the issue rest (i personally taught his Overeem comments where pretty stupid....especially considering his role as host of insideMMA).

I personally think Golden Glory should give up managing fighters and focus exclusively on their efforts as a fight promotion company. The disappearance of K-1 obviously leaves a big gap in the market (i still think professional kick-boxing under K-1 rules is a pretty good product to sell internationally) and they seem to have good contacts in certain countries (like Russia).

But if they want to be taken serious as that kind of company they need to make sure that all these conflicts with disgruntled fighters do not happen anymore. And even though i do not know enough about the particulars (nobody has seen the contracts) the can hardly keep blaming the fighters,after so many occurrences.

I personally think their operating on a thin margin though.That is really the only reason i can imagine that they did not pay-out Siyar yet.Perhaps the needed to stretch their budgets for the Moscow event (which is hardly the best card to put on in my eyes).

Anyways i am very curious if they will be able to transform themselves into a more events focused company (i hope they do because i do think they have the potential to make K-1 biggish again semi world wide) or if they will crumble into insignificance with all the fighters leaving them (rooster is becoming to look pretty shallow).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.