UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Duffee,Prangley,Kelly Sign India’s Super Fight

2/27/12 11:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

India’s Super Fight League has announced the signings of several former UFC and Strikeforce fighters including Todd Duffee, Paul Kelly and Trevor Prangley.

The promotion will hold their first show on March 11 from India with the main event featuring former Elite XC fighter James Thompson against Bob Sapp.

The new signings announced on Monday include heavyweight Todd Duffee, who holds one of the fastest knockouts in UFC history with his win over Tim Hague. Duffee has been out of action dealing with injuries since his loss to current UFC contender Alistair Overeem at the close of 2010, and missed fighting at all in 2011.

Now he’ll return to action as a part of the Super Fight League in 2012.

Also announced on Monday were new fight deals with former Strikeforce competitor Trevor Prangley, former UFC lightweight Paul Kelly, middleweight fighter Xavier ‘Professor X’ Foupa-Pokam, Lena Ovchynnikova and Baga Agaev.

All of the new fighters signed four fight deals with the promotion with bouts expected to take place starting in 2012.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/duffee-prangley-kelly-and-others-sign-with-indias-super-fight-league
2/27/12 11:50 PM
crazydave
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll watch it ... The guys from the IPL are working with it so it will probably be high standard production.
2/27/12 11:52 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/27/12 11:57 PM
KenP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAagents.com, Sports Agent
 We are just getting started....
2/28/12 12:00 AM
crazydave
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Indian Goldie > Real Goldie
2/28/12 12:02 AM
MartialArtsMixed
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have they signed Dahlslim yet?
2/28/12 12:02 AM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do sylvia vs duffee
2/28/12 12:12 AM
sockeye
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bush League

- Dana Phone Post
2/28/12 3:10 AM
KenP

MMAagents.com, Sports Agent
Great storms announce themselves with slight breezes....
2/28/12 3:15 AM
justinthevikingwren
974 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Duffee and Prangley! Phone Post
2/28/12 4:58 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sapp vs Thompson... There's a technical chess match of a fight.
2/28/12 5:11 AM
Ray Elbe
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KenP - Great storms announce themselves with slight breezes....
Exciting Phone Post
2/28/12 5:35 AM
TwoCanVanneDamne
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eric Bloodaxe - Sapp vs Thompson... There's a technical chess match of a fight.
Haha yeah two technical fighters of the highest calibre right there Phone Post
2/28/12 5:48 AM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TwoCanVanneDamne - 
Eric Bloodaxe - Sapp vs Thompson... There's a technical chess match of a fight.
Haha yeah two technical fighters of the highest calibre right there Phone Post

My god why does sapp keep getting booked, is it just because he's huge?
2/28/12 10:45 AM
Hong Kong Phooey

ttt
2/28/12 11:41 AM
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo KenP sign V.Overeem vs Sapp, Thompson, Duffee or Agaev
2/29/12 3:31 AM
Schmohawked

This news is like 3 days old.
2/29/12 4:02 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KenP -  We are just getting started....

Though i respect you immensely by going into a potentially huge market like India and try to set up an MMA based promotion i (and i reckon i am not alone in this) think he should ''start'' over while you still can.

I personally take it you did all the marketing research,looked at fight culture and made demo profiles to look at what type of ''product'' Indian people would be susceptible to. Nonetheless putting on Bob Sapp in the main event really does not look like long term planning in my eyes. I beginning to think that,with a main event like this,you are not there for the long haul?

And,taking into account the fact that Zuffa is also talking about India now (which really surprised the shit out of me) it would have been smarter to start out with some serious fighters instead of some freak-show event (which interest in always fades quick and which destroys your credibility forever....or are Indians really the ''same'' as Japanese fans???).

I do wish you and the promotion all the best but i am afraid it will be another lost opportunity if you continue the path. Which is really a shame.

2/29/12 4:16 AM
Porkchop

"Guys, save it for the cage. It doesn't get more real than this."

LOL! yeah, that was totally real.

I love how they put together so many action shots of this dude walking like he was going to drop a letter in his mailbox and the other guy is wearing some shitty sleveless shirt with aviator sunglasses and they think it's gonna be the next big thing...

Super Bush League
2/29/12 4:50 AM
shb
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4l
2/29/12 5:08 AM
notsometourist
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh my god that commercial was so Indian lmfao! The double promoter punch at the end, fucking beautiful. That was as bad as local used car salesman ads on tv. I honestly hope it does well, but that was just fantastically bad.
2/29/12 5:12 AM
notsometourist
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOOM, POW, PUNCH KICK WOW!
DROP EM TO THE MAT WITH THE PSHT PSHT OW!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I FUCKING CRYING LAUGHING! JESUS CHRIST ON POGO STICK MY FUCKING INSIDES HURT!
2/29/12 5:24 AM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
notsometourist - Oh my god that commercial was so Indian lmfao! The double promoter punch at the end, fucking beautiful. That was as bad as local used car salesman ads on tv. I honestly hope it does well, but that was just fantastically bad.

wasnt it! that was SO typical of indian television ; ace
2/29/12 5:34 AM
notsometourist

john joe - 
notsometourist - Oh my god that commercial was so Indian lmfao! The double promoter punch at the end, fucking beautiful. That was as bad as local used car salesman ads on tv. I honestly hope it does well, but that was just fantastically bad.

wasnt it! that was SO typical of indian television ; ace

Honestly where I live in Durham, Ontario, Canada, we have a lot of Indian immigrants who open car dealerships and local businesses. And I'm not prejudiced, I love indians, love their food. But their commercials are so bad. We get a lot on our local broadcast channels. Too Funny. I'm excited to see how this goes though. Good luck to everyone involved.
2/29/12 5:38 AM
BlueDream
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anything that has KenP and Bob Sapp is a scam

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.