UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Anyone looking forward to Aliens:Colonial Marines?

2/28/12 6:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because I sure as shit am. I hear they have taken out the 4 player tactical style which is disappointing but I'm still pumped for this. I love the no HUD so we can use motion mother fucking trackers bitches.

I want to shit my pants when movement appears on the motion tracker and then yell LET'S ROCK, then either kill fuckloads of aliens or die gloriously sprayed in acid!!

This will not be the abortion that was avp, this will be spectacular and jaw dropping, with plenty of suspense, action and boner inspired moments. I'll TTT this when it comes out and it's declared most awesome game ever. Phone Post
2/28/12 7:06 AM
WilliDonker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard not to be pumped about an aliens/ predator game, but then again they have fucked it up in the past. Phone Post
2/28/12 4:29 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ENZO007 - Yeah, this game is supposed to add to the movies and that is one of the reasons why I want this game. The trailer looks awesome. I just hope it isn't some super short, linear FPS game like most of them are nowadays but I can't see it being any other way.
If its a shitty linear short FPS...I will probably burn the game, then myself. Phone Post
2/29/12 1:31 PM
supersaiyan

yea... i hope it isnt linear n crap and may add it to my list now that someone made a thread on it...i had heard about it and seen it but nothing really made me "jump" about it till now

not a sure thing yet but like i mentioned...i will add it on my "to get" list at least to keep in mind
2/29/12 1:38 PM
supersaiyan

looks good
2/29/12 1:44 PM
supersaiyan

doesnt appear linear from the clip
2/29/12 3:43 PM
mixedmartialmike

Hope it's better than alien vs predator Phone Post
2/29/12 3:51 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

mixedmartialmike - Hope it's better than alien vs predator Phone Post
Jesus, it better be. I know it will be.....it has to be. I've had back pains that were more enjoyable than AvP. Phone Post
2/29/12 5:19 PM
supersaiyan

lol
2/29/12 5:58 PM
NotsoMightySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am really looking forward to this game. Gonna play it regardless. There is a difference between following a storyline and something being to linear. I do not need a sandbox for every game. If you are a colonial marine you are going to follow orders, not go off on you own and do what you want.
Top 5 movie for me.
2/29/12 5:59 PM
NotsoMightySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is too linear for you?
2/29/12 6:20 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

I'm fine with linear as long as I get to take my time and enjoy the atmosphere. Its my fave movie and I don't want to feel like I'm being rushed through it. Trailer seems to ease my worrying.

I really hope they put a last stand mode in where you seal entry points and see how long you can hold out before they get you. Phone Post
2/29/12 11:19 PM
supersaiyan

NotsoMightySkull - What is too linear for you?

Homefront comes to mind lol
11/30/12 7:17 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

New trailer. Looks kinda cool, like a Left 4 dead get to the safehouse mode. If it's anything like that, I'll be very happy.

http://au.gamespot.com/aliens-colonial-marines-2012/videos/aliens-colonial-marines-survivor-multiplayer-trailer-6400332/?tag=Topslot%3BAliensColonialMarines%3BSurvivorModeMultiplayer%3BWatchItNow 

I have no idea how to get the video up.

11/30/12 3:31 PM
Bry Bry

fucking awful voice-acting in that clip..
11/30/12 6:56 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Bry Bry - fucking awful voice-acting in that clip..
I know. Damn terrible. But bishop is coming back to do voices so that's a positive. Phone Post
12/1/12 11:16 AM
None So Blind
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll likely get it, barring terrible reviews.

The very first AvP on PC was BRILLIANT, the second slightly less so, and the AvP game for consoles far less so.

However, done right, it could rival Dead Space as a super-tense survival/shooter mix-up.
12/13/12 8:14 PM
supersaiyan

NotsoMightySkull - I am really looking forward to this game. Gonna play it regardless. There is a difference between following a storyline and something being to linear. I do not need a sandbox for every game. If you are a colonial marine you are going to follow orders, not go off on you own and do what you want.
Top 5 movie for me.

thanks ..thatis all i needed to know bro...:) i didnt want that Final FAntasy-ish crap type of game where it feels like "rails"you know ?

:)
12/14/12 12:16 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

I looks average to me. I'll probably get it on a steam sale eventually because I love Aliens shit.
12/15/12 9:54 PM
supersaiyan

after i watched it again n again i kinda did look like average to an extent
12/17/12 6:13 AM
MixedMartialArse
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to it on Wii U. Phone Post
12/24/12 4:09 PM
None So Blind
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ I know I'm in the minority preferring 1 over 2 ;-)

2 just seemed "brighter" to me - 1 was so dark and miserable, it really made the atmosphere stand out to me, enough to overshadow some of the gameplay elements that were polished up for 2.

And indeed, AvP 1 did have voice-acting that was on a par with the original Resident Evil, it was so laughably bad :-P
1/7/13 12:54 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Ryann Von Doom - Preorder with game stop and get ripley's flamethrower.. Also can play as hicks hudson apone and i forget the last person. Phone Post
Just pre ordered and also pre came. I'm so pumped for this!!! Phone Post
1/7/13 7:00 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Ryann Von Doom -
None So Blind - ^^^ I know I'm in the minority preferring 1 over 2 ;-)

2 just seemed "brighter" to me - 1 was so dark and miserable, it really made the atmosphere stand out to me, enough to overshadow some of the gameplay elements that were polished up for 2.

And indeed, AvP 1 did have voice-acting that was on a par with the original Resident Evil, it was so laughably bad :-P
I really enjoyed 1 dont get me wrong. I loved the survivor mode.. Wish more games had that. Phone Post
Colonial Marines will be our savior. I can't wait to play as Apone and tell everyone how much a day in the corps is like a day on the farm.
Every meals a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade, that man LOVES the corp. Phone Post
1/7/13 6:21 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArse -  Looking forward to it on Wii U. Phone Post

After spending some time with Zombie U, I am really looking forward to this on the Wii U. At the very least, an actual physical motion tracker in your hands??? HELL YEAH!!

Plus the president of Gearbox has a hard-on for the Wii U version. I hope they deliver!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.