UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Anyone looking forward to Aliens:Colonial Marines?

1/7/13 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom -
Jobe Watson the Bomber -
Ryann Von Doom -
None So Blind - ^^^ I know I'm in the minority preferring 1 over 2 ;-)

2 just seemed "brighter" to me - 1 was so dark and miserable, it really made the atmosphere stand out to me, enough to overshadow some of the gameplay elements that were polished up for 2.

And indeed, AvP 1 did have voice-acting that was on a par with the original Resident Evil, it was so laughably bad :-P
I really enjoyed 1 dont get me wrong. I loved the survivor mode.. Wish more games had that. Phone Post
Colonial Marines will be our savior. I can't wait to play as Apone and tell everyone how much a day in the corps is like a day on the farm.
Every meals a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade, that man LOVES the corp. Phone Post
I'm former navy, so it's hard for me to enjoy playing marines. Hudson will be my character. Release date yet? Phone Post
Named my cat Hudson haha. Paxton owned that role. Release date is Feb 10 here in Aus. Phone Post
1/25/13 5:33 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About 17 day until release.

17 DAYS!!

I'm not sure if I can last 17 hours...

1/25/13 8:11 PM
MixedMartialArse
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6mildollarman -
MixedMartialArse -  Looking forward to it on Wii U. Phone Post

After spending some time with Zombie U, I am really looking forward to this on the Wii U. At the very least, an actual physical motion tracker in your hands??? HELL YEAH!!

Plus the president of Gearbox has a hard-on for the Wii U version. I hope they deliver!
Word is it will be delayed and released later than other versions. Phone Post
1/25/13 8:33 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArse -
6mildollarman -
MixedMartialArse -  Looking forward to it on Wii U. Phone Post

After spending some time with Zombie U, I am really looking forward to this on the Wii U. At the very least, an actual physical motion tracker in your hands??? HELL YEAH!!

Plus the president of Gearbox has a hard-on for the Wii U version. I hope they deliver!
Word is it will be delayed and released later than other versions. Phone Post
End of March for Wii U. Feb 12 for PC, 360, PS3. Phone Post
1/26/13 3:51 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Ryann Von Doom -

Drake is the other character you can be with the gamestop prepurchase. btw

Say what??

That's an odd choice. Not that I'm complaining, he's cool as shit, a little vulnerable to acid spray but still cool. They gotta have Vasquez then right? Phone Post
1/27/13 7:30 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

Ryann Von Doom -
Jobe Watson the Bomber -
Ryann Von Doom -

Drake is the other character you can be with the gamestop prepurchase. btw

Say what??

That's an odd choice. Not that I'm complaining, he's cool as shit, a little vulnerable to acid spray but still cool. They gotta have Vasquez then right? Phone Post
No. Apone, hicks, hudson and drake.

And to be fair, drake caught the acid after fucking everything up moving and someone else killed one by him. And that acid was goig through all their armor. Phone Post
Yeah that's right, it was Vasquez, she shot the Alien that sprayed the poor bastard. That's why she's been omitted, she's a dirty murderer.

They really are making this to suit the die hards, I love that. I just pray it doesn't suck. Phone Post
2/10/13 5:54 PM
Running the Gauntlet of Dicks

1 more day. I'm ready to get it on. For the love of shit, please don't suck. Phone Post
2/10/13 6:33 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive been reading some very bad things about the game, awful graphics, dull gameplay, just overall shitty...
2/10/13 6:48 PM

Bry Bry - ive been reading some very bad things about the game, awful graphics, dull gameplay, just overall shitty...
Me too :( Phone Post
2/10/13 6:54 PM

Hey fuck, it's out here. On my way to pick up a copy, i'll let you know how it is shortly. Phone Post
2/10/13 7:55 PM

RyannVonReemjob -
Bry Bry - ive been reading some very bad things about the game, awful graphics, dull gameplay, just overall shitty...
Has to be taken with a grain of salt. Most praise call of duty.. Those games are garbage but loved soooooo much.

That being said, i'm waitig for the og's response.. I got burned by rebellion's revamp of avp.. Phone Post
I see you also lost an sn bet this last UFC haha.
I'm about to fire up the game. Phone Post
2/10/13 9:01 PM

RyannVonReemjob -
Running the Gauntlet of Dicks -
RyannVonReemjob -
Has to be taken with a grain of salt. Most praise call of duty.. Those games are garbage but loved soooooo much.

That being said, i'm waitig for the og's response.. I got burned by rebellion's revamp of avp.. Phone Post
Lol wow. Yours is bad.. I always have that clause of nothing too bad or gay like that. Not cool.

I'm gonna wait for a while. I have fallout 3, new vegas for the xbox i justgot.. Add in mechwarrior online and planetside 2? I'm an engineering student too, so i dont have mch time. Phone Post
Yeah, and my screen name was suggested by a friend too. Asshole haha.
Dude, I've played about 30 minutes of this game.

Heartbroken.

I will say this. It has enough charm to keep a die hard fan like myself playing, but there is zero tension and I have a lot of issues with the gameplay. I'm going to try to keep playing but it's hard to see with all the tears in my eyes :(

It's very arcadey and they turned what could have been the coolest feature, the motion tracker, into something that is really useless in a fast paced first person shooter. They never should have abandoned the squad based shooter idea. Substituting action for suspense in the aliens franchise is a disappointment. Phone Post
2/10/13 10:37 PM
QAM256
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuuuuuuuuuck. I bought an Xbox yesterday to catch up on a few games (Skyrim, AC3) and play this one when it came out. Phone Post
2/10/13 11:10 PM

Up to level 3 where you get to LV 426. They should have started the game from there. I'm enjoying it a little more now. Played multiplayer, escape, where you take turns trying to evacuate and seal doors while the other team plays as the aliens trying to stop you. That was fun. Phone Post
2/11/13 8:28 PM

RyannVonReemjob -
RyannVonReemjob -
RyannVonReemjob -

Lol wow. Yours is bad.. I always have that clause of nothing too bad or gay like that. Not cool.

I'm gonna wait for a while. I have fallout 3, new vegas for the xbox i justgot.. Add in mechwarrior online and planetside 2? I'm an engineering student too, so i dont have mch time. Phone Post
Yeah, and my screen name was suggested by a friend too. Asshole haha.
Dude, I've played about 30 minutes of this game.

Heartbroken.

I will say this. It has enough charm to keep a die hard fan like myself playing, but there is zero tension and I have a lot of issues with the gameplay. I'm going to try to keep playing but it's hard to see with all the tears in my eyes :(

It's very arcadey and they turned what could have been the coolest feature, the motion tracker, into something that is really useless in a fast paced first person shooter. They never should have abandoned the squad based shooter idea. Substituting action for suspense in the aliens franchise is a disappointment. Phone Post
Avp (movie) level of disappointment? Phone Post
Better than AvP.
The graphics aren't the best, the later levels are fun but it's just not that great of a game. It will get around 50% to 70% in reviews is my guess. There is some cool story parts for fans late in the game but I can't help but feel this could have been done a hell of a lot better. It lacks an epic scale and it does feel like an older 360 game.
If you didn't love aliens then there won't be a remote chance in hell you'll enjoy this game. Phone Post
2/11/13 9:08 PM
lazermonkey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am waiting on Gamefly to get my copy here. (PS3)

Should be tomorrow or the next day.

2/12/13 12:57 AM
MixedMartialArse
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn... Was waiting for the Wii U version but sounds like its a POS. Phone Post
2/12/13 4:31 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The review I just read made it seem like the worst game of the past year

Guess it's good I didn't get my hopes up :/ Phone Post
2/12/13 9:33 AM
Fangas
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ - The review I just read made it seem like the worst game of the past year

Guess it's good I didn't get my hopes up :/ Phone Post
Lame! Phone Post
2/13/13 9:58 AM
None So Blind
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, the reviews for this game are *brutal,* it's been a while since I saw a major release get savaged like this.

Even Penny Arcade, who tend not to be the biggest complainers and often find the good even in bad games, tore this one to shreds....

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/aliens-colonial-marines-is-an-unfinished-ugly-mess

So OF COURSE this would happen, given that this was the first game I pre-ordered since Halo 2 :-(

Fuck you Gearbox, you just burned ALL the goodwill you built with Borderlands 1 and 2 for me.
2/13/13 1:47 PM
lazermonkey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got my copy today, PS3.

I hope the negative reviews are knee jerk reactions and the game is better than what we're reading lol

2/13/13 3:09 PM
gord96
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/13/13 3:09 PM
lazermonkey - 

Just got my copy today, PS3.

I hope the negative reviews are knee jerk reactions and the game is better than what we're reading lol

Doesn't sound like it. Even various forums are filled with people who normally don't post on forums or complain much about games, but felt it was their duty to inform people not to get this.
2/13/13 3:14 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - Wow, the reviews for this game are *brutal,* it's been a while since I saw a major release get savaged like this.

Even Penny Arcade, who tend not to be the biggest complainers and often find the good even in bad games, tore this one to shreds....

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/aliens-colonial-marines-is-an-unfinished-ugly-mess

So OF COURSE this would happen, given that this was the first game I pre-ordered since Halo 2 :-(

Fuck you Gearbox, you just burned ALL the goodwill you built with Borderlands 1 and 2 for me.

The PA review was actually the one I read. They tend to put out pretty good content and reviews, and aren't reliant on the goodwill of game publishers like many reviewers are
2/13/13 5:50 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This pretty much was exactly what I expected Im enjoying it. They fixed some of the matchmaking abortions have a surprising amount of customization from what I expected for attacks and appearance for aliens and the weapons for the marines. It's no battlefield I didn't get spawn killed once yet the aliens is a cluster fuck when you start and you'll die alot, when you get the hang of transitioning and attacks, while playing with a friend and it only gets better w more people we had strategy after we got the controls going. It's as awesome as this if you can imagine 3 people held up smashing aliens one at a time then we rushed together I did some fury attack clawing the shit out of them and from my lifeless body I saw my friend spinning tale decapate 3 people then another dude got fatalitied with a tale impaled through his chest cavity and I was content with my purchase haha. Graphics aren't as good as they could be, haven't made it through the campaign it's cool how it tries to relate you to the movie though. if you had fun with the other one, this one fills some of the shit I hated about that one multiplayer wise. it is what it is if you like the series you should enjoy it if not you'll probably think it sucks a dick, especially if you let yourself get frustrated with multiplayer controls before you figure it out.
2/13/13 5:53 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll prob be on tonight w one atleast if anyone wants to hape some people 360

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.