UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Anyone looking forward to Aliens:Colonial Marines?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/14/13 5:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Running the Gauntlet of Dicks
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson the Bomber -  Because I sure as shit am. I hear they have taken out the 4 player tactical style which is disappointing but I'm still pumped for this. I love the no HUD so we can use motion mother fucking trackers bitches.

I want to shit my pants when movement appears on the motion tracker and then yell LET'S ROCK, then either kill fuckloads of aliens or die gloriously sprayed in acid!!

This will not be the abortion that was avp, this will be spectacular and jaw dropping, with plenty of suspense, action and boner inspired moments. I'll TTT this when it comes out and it's declared most awesome game ever. Phone Post

Sigh. I remember this guy.

That was a guy who had so much hope for this game. Look how excited I was. Fresh, happy, energetic.

Now I'm half naked, 4 day growth, bottle of bourbon in my hand and boxes of pizza lying everywhere. I'm like that cop in the movies who just saw his partner get shot, now has gone awol living in his own filth in his dark lit apartment, having flashback to that fateful day where it all went wrong. (Depressing saxaphone music in the background)

Von Doom, I could not do a proper review. Not without a million curse words.

You may find this interesting, it's a write up about what went wrong with Aliens. It's interesting and clearly a doomed product.

http://m.kotaku.com/5984068/how-aliens-colonial-marines-fell-apart

2/14/13 7:10 AM
MixedMartialArse
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it worth holding put hope for the Wii U edition? Phone Post
2/15/13 8:31 PM
xNate
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ooohhh scary!

Jesus christ, what a piece of shit. Phone Post
2/16/13 9:32 AM
mixedmartialmike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is it so hard to make a decent aliens game Phone Post
2/16/13 12:26 PM
TheBearStare
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im so bummed about this. I was really looking forward to this game for a long time. Phone Post
2/16/13 12:57 PM
DarceSideoftheMoon
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still playing it enjoying multiplayer didn't make it through campaign yet though
2/17/13 11:06 AM
Choochy
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Running the Gauntlet of Dicks -
Jobe Watson the Bomber -  Because I sure as shit am. I hear they have taken out the 4 player tactical style which is disappointing but I'm still pumped for this. I love the no HUD so we can use motion mother fucking trackers bitches.

I want to shit my pants when movement appears on the motion tracker and then yell LET'S ROCK, then either kill fuckloads of aliens or die gloriously sprayed in acid!!

This will not be the abortion that was avp, this will be spectacular and jaw dropping, with plenty of suspense, action and boner inspired moments. I'll TTT this when it comes out and it's declared most awesome game ever. Phone Post

Sigh. I remember this guy.

That was a guy who had so much hope for this game. Look how excited I was. Fresh, happy, energetic.

Now I'm half naked, 4 day growth, bottle of bourbon in my hand and boxes of pizza lying everywhere. I'm like that cop in the movies who just saw his partner get shot, now has gone awol living in his own filth in his dark lit apartment, having flashback to that fateful day where it all went wrong. (Depressing saxaphone music in the background)

Von Doom, I could not do a proper review. Not without a million curse words.

You may find this interesting, it's a write up about what went wrong with Aliens. It's interesting and clearly a doomed product.

http://m.kotaku.com/5984068/how-aliens-colonial-marines-fell-apart

your SN sums up this game perfectly. ill buy it when its $5 bucks on Steam. Phone Post
2/18/13 7:44 PM
pulsar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was about 15 minutes of goodness in the whole game... Moments where I felt 'it could have been so good' -like when re-entering the colony buildings and occupying the operations area. I spent some time just walking the same corridors I saw in Aliens so many times..

These were moments where it could have been jaw dropping. Unfortunately - they short changed fans in the graphics so it was just. Bastards. It's hard to believe Gearbox went from Borderlands to... That.

2/18/13 9:28 PM
Running the Gauntlet of Dicks
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pulsar -

There was about 15 minutes of goodness in the whole game... Moments where I felt 'it could have been so good' -like when re-entering the colony buildings and occupying the operations area. I spent some time just walking the same corridors I saw in Aliens so many times..

These were moments where it could have been jaw dropping. Unfortunately - they short changed fans in the graphics so it was just. Bastards. It's hard to believe Gearbox went from Borderlands to... That.

Nail on the head my friend. At that point, I had hope, then it all fell apart. Phone Post
2/19/13 10:12 AM
None So Blind
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something about this game is a GIANT "fuck you" to someone.

Yeah, you can be funny and say "the fans/ the buyers," but I mean it - someone in management or s/t said "Release it!" and someone down the chain said "No, it's not ready, not even close." Management then said "Do what we fucking say!" and the low levels dudes essentially said "OK, on your head be it, assholes" and released a piece of shit.

I dunno if Gearbox was the intended recipient of the "fuck you" from Timegate, or Sega from Gearbox, etc., etc. Would love to be a fly on the wall in meetings at those companies now - it's bad enough when you release a game that underperforms, but when you release one that's so bad it threatens your other releases....
2/19/13 11:15 AM
RML
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - Something about this game is a GIANT "fuck you" to someone.

Yeah, you can be funny and say "the fans/ the buyers," but I mean it - someone in management or s/t said "Release it!" and someone down the chain said "No, it's not ready, not even close." Management then said "Do what we fucking say!" and the low levels dudes essentially said "OK, on your head be it, assholes" and released a piece of shit.

I dunno if Gearbox was the intended recipient of the "fuck you" from Timegate, or Sega from Gearbox, etc., etc. Would love to be a fly on the wall in meetings at those companies now - it's bad enough when you release a game that underperforms, but when you release one that's so bad it threatens your other releases....

It's not a fuck you if you've been working on it for six years.. this game was a fail top to bottom.

2/19/13 11:57 AM
None So Blind
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would agree with that *if* there weren't a demo that seemed quite a bit better - what happened with that? Why scrap it and move to a new version?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.