UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Frankie Edgar: I want my rematch

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2/29/12 3:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Frankie Edgar made probably the most impassioned demand of his career in a Wednesday interview on The MMA Hour. After noting that he had given rematches to both Gray Maynard and BJ Penn, he said that he expects the same treatment after a close loss.

"I'm saying it, and I'm saying it loud: I want my rematch," he said. "I'm not going to have these antics or play these games. I'm telling you want I want. This is what I want. I think it's fair. I think the fans want to see it. It was fight of the night. Listen, even if these guys want to see me get beat up, I do get beat up in a lot of my fights, even in the fights I win, so it’s win-win for everybody."

"I think the rematch makes sense on several levels. Not only can UFC be good guys, I think I earned it. Economically, they’ve been investing money in me. I've been at the helm of this weight class for two years now. I think it just makes sense for them and obviously for me. Let’s do it."

"I’m staying at 155. This is where I’m at right now. I still feel like I got a run left. I still want that title back."

"That [rematch] is what I want. I think it’s right. I think i earned it. I’m not trying to put down Ben or any other contender, but I think I earned my spot to deserve this rematch."

Read entire article...

2/29/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sgotwalks
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/29/12 3:42 PM
Frankie Two Two and the Hooded Fang! 

Seriously, with lightweight being the deepest division in the UFC it is almost as if Frankie has become a curse to the rest of the class. It's time to move along now..........too many good fighters to hold back.
2/29/12 3:41 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in...and I agree its deserved
2/29/12 3:41 PM
Burt Reynoldz
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see his point but he has to know the UFC doesn't want him as champ. They seem to have taken an anyone besides him as champ position.
2/29/12 3:42 PM
J_Swift
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a very good point but it's about what the fans want and what the UFC wants. It's not about what's fair. Phone Post
2/29/12 3:43 PM
GroundStPound

Yes definately deserved. REMATCH. Phone Post
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He got beat pretty convincingly in my eyes, doesn't warrant a rematch. Phone Post
studiocamp
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both rematches he gave were warranted, BJ defended the belt successfully more than once, and his 2nd fight with Gray was a draw. Not exactly the same thing.
tdunning
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to say I disagree. He gave BJ a rematch because there was questionable judging, and Gray a rematch because it was a draw. The outcome of this fight was in no way controversial, so I think he should beat a contender before getting a rematch.
2/29/12 3:44 PM
JUSTIN KASE

Meh. I dont think his performance warrants a rematch. Bendo clearly took the title from him and deserves right of refusal in this case. IMO of coarse. Phone Post
2/29/12 3:45 PM
Ron Pierre-Paul

Off to 145 with you, young man!
2/29/12 3:45 PM
Hate420
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in his mind he earned it by losing?...OK then.
2/29/12 3:46 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

He deserves a rematch.
2/29/12 3:46 PM
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/29/12 3:47 PM
Was this decision really that controversial?

I'm surprised people are complaining about this as much as they are. i don't think he deserves a rematch (and I'm not saying that to be a dick, I just don't think his recent loss was as controversial as some), but if it means Bendo gets to silence his haters, then by all means make this official.

2/29/12 3:47 PM
Fael Sonnen

He got beat clearly it wasn't close. Stop crying earn your way back up. That division is way too stacked to just have rematch after rematch. Next time he should try fighting to win rather than fight to not lose. Phone Post
2/29/12 3:49 PM
Sofa King Cool
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves a rematch.

But the fans don't want to see it right away. There are a ton of contenders at 155, it's good to see some fresh faces. He should fight Jim Miller. Phone Post
2/29/12 3:50 PM
GMUNIT
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

personally I thought he lost by a lot

but he's right, he gave out rematches and he deserves his own
2/29/12 3:51 PM
studiocamp
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does he deserve a rematch? So he can try to barely do enough to win again? He defended the belt successfully once. He should have 1 or 2 fights before another shot.
Death Beast

I think he deserves a rematch, but I'd understand if they didn't want to do a rematch for the LW title again already.
Edgar vs. 3 other guys over 6 fights will get stale after awhile when everyone talks about how crowded that division is.
Just don't think Pettis and his one convincing UFC win deserve the shot either. He lost a UD and won a SD other than that. Miller/Diaz would be more deserving IMO, even if it means waiting 2 more months for it.
Edgar vs. Pettis for #1 contender could be great, or Maynard vs. Pettis and Edgar vs. maybe Guida?
Tito Or Tease

Frenkie Adgar deserves a rematch.  Still would love him to fight Aldo or Faber.

2/29/12 3:52 PM
Toogawdly

Anthony petts : No, I want MY rematch. Phone Post
2/29/12 3:53 PM
TaoistDragon

Unnecessary Rematches...The shitty film remakes of MMA.

Bounty Hunter

"I think the fans want to see it."

No....... no they dont
Infamous Ed

Scored it for Bendo, but Edgar absolutely deserves a rematch after giving 2 for his defenses Phone Post
Kneeblock
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edgar deserves it. Pettis beating Lauzon puts him still about 1 fight away IMO.

Edgar probably accomplished more at LW in the UFC than any other LW champ and deserves respect. Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.