UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lou Neglia talks MMA past and future

3/2/12 2:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

KRS10 sits down with kick boxing legend and Ring of Combat President Lou Neglia at home on Lou's couch. They talk about the Ring of Combat, it's beginings, Chris Weidman, Drago, up comers and future UFC stars, Rocky Marciano, and legalizing MMA in NY.

3/2/12 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
3/2/12 3:23 PM
JIUJITSUFOREVER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Fights, Awesome Events, Awesome Guy! Uncle Lou is the Man! Phone Post
3/2/12 3:30 PM
Kirik
1836 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 Yah he is
3/2/12 3:36 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a great guy. I said he should write a book, The Tao of Lou. Phone Post
3/2/12 5:44 PM
PhilBaroni
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man Lou you didnt mention me : ( i use to be your favorite fighter lol
3/2/12 11:50 PM
AndyMain
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lou puts on a great show. I'm proud to be a ROC alum. The Tropicana in AC is a sweet venue too.
3/3/12 10:38 AM
Krs10KO.com

Gnarls Gnarlington - you were Phil, until you slammed his keys in his trunk. LOL!
Did that really happen?? Phone Post
3/3/12 11:01 AM
Kirik
1836 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 I don't know that it has been referred to much, but Neglia has experience in mixed rules fights too. Aaoron Banks had his Oriental World of Self Defense shows and at least once that i remember in I guess the mid 70s, Neglia fought a boxer in a boxer vs kickboxer match. Lou won with low kicks and then punches I think, or maybe it was low kicks then a high kick. long time ago.

They also had wrestling vs Judo (with the wrestler in a gi) and some other match ups. Once they had a man vs a  woman, but the dude was gigantic, I forget his name, but he moved to Florida from NY, Joe Hess maybe. That was dumb, but the mixed rules stuff was really cool when I was a teenager.

Banks loved the match ups, and wanted to start what he called a Ketsugo league with rules that allowed everything.
3/3/12 5:52 PM
Chitat
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was Joe Hess that KO'd the woman, she did not last very long. I loved that old Oriental World of Self Defense stuff they used to show on Wide World of Sports every year.
3/4/12 11:13 AM
Krs10KO.com

Kirik -  I don't know that it has been referred to much, but Neglia has experience in mixed rules fights too. Aaoron Banks had his Oriental World of Self Defense shows and at least once that i remember in I guess the mid 70s, Neglia fought a boxer in a boxer vs kickboxer match. Lou won with low kicks and then punches I think, or maybe it was low kicks then a high kick. long time ago.

They also had wrestling vs Judo (with the wrestler in a gi) and some other match ups. Once they had a man vs a  woman, but the dude was gigantic, I forget his name, but he moved to Florida from NY, Joe Hess maybe. That was dumb, but the mixed rules stuff was really cool when I was a teenager.

Banks loved the match ups, and wanted to start what he called a Ketsugo league with rules that allowed everything.
He talked about this! I had so much stuff w Lou I had to break it up. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.