UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> My Page on My Rare Guitars

3/2/12 6:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is something I don't think I posted here. The president of the company gave me my own page:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/the-demi-show-shred-clip-on-an-eastwood-gp-guitar

The first clip is OK. The second two show my awesomeness and my humility...
3/2/12 9:45 PM
Ali
690 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice!

Did that come easy to you, or did you have to practice ridiculous hour, for how many years?
3/3/12 8:49 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's how they intended Airline guitars to be played. Impressive, and humble!
3/3/12 1:35 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Ali - I practiced 14 hours a day for about an 8 year period then cut it down to about 5 hours a day for a five year period then just went into the practice/club scene for another ten.

Basically a waste of good time...

Thanks for checking it out ya'lls...
3/3/12 2:11 PM
Ali
690 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's some amazing discipline, Demitrius -- but it's also reassuring that you're in some way mortal. I hate dudes who seem to be able to do that with just a little work! (And yeah, they're out there).

Seems like the few pros I've spoken with who are real chops monsters sort of did what you did -- lots of 10 hour days (not 14!) for some years in their youth. They seem to settle at around 3 hours in their grown-up years.
3/10/12 9:08 AM
chaplinshouse
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good stuff Demi.  we have a few things in common, both in guitars/music and cinematography/photography.  only u have better gear.  5D, nice.  (i've got a t3i and an xh-a1s)

i disagree with Ali that guys are out there that can do this with little work.  to the untrained ear yes (you just hear fast notes and don't understand the technique so u judge it on speed alone) but it's like very high level BJJ.  Experts can tell the real deal from the pretenders.  To the rest it all looks/sounds the same

3/11/12 10:57 AM
Demitrius Barbito

@chaplinshouse - I like the high level BJJ example. 
3/13/12 4:18 PM
Hillbilly
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool!
3/13/12 4:58 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Thanks Hillbilly.
7/11/12 10:09 PM
Demitrius Barbito

I'm hoping they post this one on there next!

7/23/12 6:52 PM
Demitrius Barbito

I just found out that Eastwood Guitars no longer goes to NAMM shows. I was hoping for a spot at a NAMM booth after all these video clips.

All good tho. They give me a lot of exposure on their site and thru their email list.

Still hoping to work with them into the near future...
8/19/12 3:04 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll bet "combat guitars" is looking for someone outside of japan to showcase thier stuff but your current gear is pretty amazing.

Maybe you can find out if nikumanguitar, who represents them (on youtube) is a dude or a real girl too.
9/12/12 12:43 PM
NHBDaddy
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent job man, you do fucking SHRED
9/17/12 10:58 AM
Demitrius Barbito

Thanks NHB.
9/17/12 8:04 PM
Demitrius Barbito

I finally got around to sending an email to combat guitars...
9/18/12 4:24 AM
jman
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool man, good luck!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.