UnderGround Forums

MMA Photography UnderGround >> Aperture or LR (preferences?)

3/3/12 10:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been using Aperture for awhile and quite like it. Having the chance to do some light post work for a pro who uses LR, I picked it up recently.

I must say that I'm not terribly impressed with LR. The NR and Lens correction are awesome, but the overall workflow seems much clunkier to me and the brushed adjustments are much more difficult to use.

Anyone have experience with both? I'm gonna keep figuring out LR since it's what 90%something of people use....
3/3/12 10:24 AM
cluster
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/12 10:24 AM

dub...
3/4/12 12:14 PM
CombatCaptured
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/04/12 12:14 PM
Can't help you sorry.

I started with a PC and LR, even when I bought my 1st Mac I stayed with LR, I remember trying aperture out and not liking the "workflow"!! Guess it's just what you're used to working with.

I actually thought I'd switch to aperture when I switched to Mac, as all the photojournalist in my hometown recommended it (Along with going Mac)

Maybe I'll give it another try, at the very least it's always good to know, in case I ever work with someone that uses it, like in your situation. 
3/14/12 10:09 PM
cluster

You know, the more I use LR, the more I'm like...eh, take either or leave them.

The brushes in LR are fucking terrible. However, I get some much more interesting tones out of LR that I can't seem to replicate in Aperture (Aperture tends to be cooler, no matter how I throw the sliders).

I like how the sharpening works in LR much better too.
4/1/12 12:36 PM
Yamie Jagerbomb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LR4 is supposed to be a HUGE improvement over LR3.

Might be worth checking out.
8/9/12 11:34 PM
the geek
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aperture here.

I have Aperture, LR4 and CS6. I tried LR4 for a while but didn't like it's interface. Aperture works seamlessly with a lot of the NIK plugins like Silver Efex Pro 2 and Color Efex Pro 4, but when I need more finite control I break out PS. You can do some pretty amazing things with the above plug-ins with PS.

Cheers
3/22/13 2:44 PM
BJJBuster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer LR.... only because Aperture was real slow. I heard others say the same thing about it.
3/22/13 2:57 PM
the geek
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJBuster - I prefer LR.... only because Aperture was real slow. I heard others say the same thing about it.

I've actually converted over to LR4 since my last post. Been really liking it.

Only thing I don't like with LR is that with Aperture I was able to store my library on a networked drive so I could access it on any computer anywhere in my home, with LR you have to have the drive connected to your comp.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.