UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana on Hector Lombard! We could see him soon!

3/5/12 7:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JOSH1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/12 9:50 PM

This video is from this weekend in Sydney!I asked Dana if Hector was coming to the UFC. You can follow me on Twitter @APE12A <br />Dana`s asked about Diaz, And Hector Lombard coming to the UFC!<br /><br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1vLek3fuoE&feature=player_embedded
3/5/12 7:33 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lombard vs Chris Leben as his debut
3/5/12 7:52 AM
Lil P

I actually heard a rumor around the gym that his championship clause with Bellator was up and he was heading to the UFC. Guess it might be true after all
3/5/12 8:25 AM
Authority Figure

But wait, I thought Bellator was a second tier organization and all the best guys were in the UFC?

Oh, that was bullshit. Nevermind.
3/5/12 8:35 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope it happens soon... Would to see him take out Bisping Phone Post
3/5/12 8:35 AM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - But wait, I thought Bellator was a second tier organization and all the best guys were in the UFC?

not another 1 of these guys...
3/5/12 8:36 AM
Checkmate1991

does anyone think he will get a title shot straight away?
3/5/12 8:39 AM
slamming

Checkmate1991 - does anyone think he will get a title shot straight away?
Of course not. LOL Phone Post
3/5/12 8:39 AM
NorthFromHere
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Checkmate1991 - does anyone think he will get a title shot straight away?

No bloody way. Even Jake Shields didn't get one.
3/5/12 8:42 AM
Bobby Lupo
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - Lombard vs Chris Leben as his debut

Leben might put his lights out.
3/5/12 8:43 AM
crazydave
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will get exposed pretty quick.  Kyle Noke gave him all he could handle to a draw and he wasnt exactlly begging for a rematch.  A very green Tehuna lost by injury.

Have him rematch one of those. 
3/5/12 8:47 AM
BuddyRevell
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - But wait, I thought Bellator was a second tier organization and all the best guys were in the UFC?

So you're saying minor league baseball standouts shouldn't be called up to the big leagues either?
3/5/12 8:51 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell -

So you're saying minor league baseball standouts shouldn't be called up to the big leagues either?
I think a guy like Hector Lombard or Ben Saunders would take umbrage at your categorizing them as minor leaguers waiting on September call-ups. Phone Post
3/5/12 8:54 AM
easyrhino
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lombard in the first round can hang with anyone. after the first, hes gonna have his hands full in the ufc imo.
3/5/12 8:55 AM
BuddyRevell
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
I think a guy like Hector Lombard or Ben Saunders would take umbrage at your categorizing them as minor leaguers waiting on September call-ups. Phone Post

It's not an insult. Bellator's great, but what standout fighter honestly does NOT want to the call from Zuffa and prefers to stay in whatever org they're currently in instead.
3/5/12 9:08 AM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Checkmate1991 - does anyone think he will get a title shot straight away?

Holy shit at this nut-riding!
3/5/12 9:11 AM
NHBDaddy
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
Did Lombard get a ground game overnight?
3/5/12 9:19 AM
Leck Brosnar

Great news if true, I think he can beat anyone but not AS.
3/5/12 9:20 AM
Jack Skellington
821 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good, he belongs in the 'show'
3/5/12 9:20 AM
Bobby Lupo
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NHBDaddy - lol
Did Lombard get a ground game overnight?

he's still benefitting from the five extra points a fighter gets for fighting outside of a Zuffa owned company
3/5/12 9:43 AM
Slapsymaxi
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - But wait, I thought Bellator was a second tier organization and all the best guys were in the UFC?

I took Dana babbling on people like Lombard and Reem to mean that they're very impressive fighters, but (in Lombard's case) beating Prangley, Vitale and Jesse Taylor doesn't get you into the Top 10.

Max Phone Post
3/5/12 9:53 AM
LBoutin
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave -  He will get exposed pretty quick.  Kyle Noke gave him all he could handle to a draw and he wasnt exactlly begging for a rematch.  A very green Tehuna lost by injury.

Have him rematch one of those. 
That fight was almost 5 years ago. Lombard wrecks Noke now. With that being said, Hector's gonna have trouble with a lot of guys in the big show. Good to see he might finally get his chance though.

( I remember when he was signed to fight at WW and visa problems kept him out, A WW Lombard would have been something to see.) Phone Post
3/5/12 10:03 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys aren't putting much thought or imagination in possible Lombard matchups...

Get real...he is NOT getting a title shot right away.

The best fight for him at UFC right now...is Palhares.

Lombard vs Paul Harris NOW !!!
3/5/12 10:04 AM
Royce Nelson
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking awsome!!!! Hope they get him. Phone Post
3/5/12 11:22 AM
Bobby Lupo

Skarhead hates Lombard's ability to walk if he wants him to fight Paul Harris.

Lombard-Leben/Belcher would be an indicator of where he stands, maybe Maia or Stann or Rumble.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.