UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Bros, lets list healthy, cheap foods.

4/10/12 11:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub Phone Post
4/10/12 1:22 PM
jtsintegra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
4/11/12 8:19 AM
DrearyWalrus
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know If this has been said but mixing protein powder into Greek yogurt is awesome. Gets rid of some of the bitterness. Add some honey and some nuts even better. Shit ton of protein Phone Post
4/11/12 10:20 AM
turducken

why would you add protein powder to a food that is basically all protein? do you sprinkle protein powder on your steak too? holy fucking facepalm
4/11/12 10:27 AM
TheRealJoker
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oatmeal, eggs, salsa, almond butter and mushrooms no can defend!!! Phone Post
4/15/12 1:34 PM
FLMikeATT

ssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbb
4/15/12 1:58 PM
U4EA
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is great as a vegetarian dish as well... you can pretty much throw in any type of vegetables you want. Really, really tasty.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/moroccan-chicken-casserole/
4/15/12 3:46 PM
UFCfan1002
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would like to throw in my 2 cents here, as my gf is a naturopath nutritionist and I'm currently reading an awesome guide for nutrition for MMA.

From my experience, and in the opinions of the experts, it's like a previous poster said. Don't think about this as a diet - think of this as a change in the way you eat / live. Diets don't work - it has been proven over and over again. If you set yourself temporary targets, your achievements will be just that, temporary.

First things first. Cut down on beer, if you drink it. It is massively high in calories. 1 pint of beer is like half the calories in a meal.

Cut out junk food altogether. Some people may say this is unrealistic, but I don't see it as that way. If you could see all the harmful chemicals they pour in to that sh*t, I can guarantee you'd be put off. Junk food is often high in salt and refined sugars. To cut a long story short, they don NOTHING for you nutriotionally, other than to make you fat.

There is a simple 5 Rule plan to follow, which I have found has given me fantastic results. I'm ripped, and don't train that often (liek 3 times per week). Take a look:

1. Eat a variety of natural foods.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg. Try very hard to make sure it's organic. If you eat non-organic food, by the time it hits your plate, virtually all nutrients are gone. An infinitisimally small amount remains. You may as well just drink water. Your skin will look healthier, you will feel more energetic and your body as a whole will be in better working order.

2. Eat less, more often.

"Eating less, more often is all about controlling your insulin levels. You want to control your insulin levels because insulin is the fat storage hormone, if you have high levels of insulin, you have high levels of fat storage.

Your cells will also become more resistant to insulin, thus you’ll need more insulin to get the same effect, causing more fat storage, and more resistance, and the cycle continues until you’re fat and you don’t know what to do!

When you eat less often, your blood sugar levels have bigger peaks and valleys, causing your insulin to follow suit. Since insulin is the fat storage hormone, when your insulin peaks, it puts your body into a fat storage mode."

3. Eat complete meals.

For breakfast / post workout, eat a combination of complete proteins (chicken, beef, lamb, pork), natural starches (wholewheat pasta, brown rice, home made wholemeal bread) and organic fruit / veggies.

Between meals, aim for snacks consisting of organic fruits / veggies and supplemental proteins (nuts, beans, seeds etc).

Lunch / Dinner: Aim for 50/50 of organic fruits or veggies and complete proteins.

4. For a fast metabolism – eat slow.

Breathe whilst you're eating, and put your fork down between mouthfuls to help you do this. Every cell involved in your digestive system requires oxygen for respiration. Ensuring you get enough oxygen will mean your digestive system functions more efficiently, meaning you extract more nutrients out of your food, and avoid gas and bloating, amongst other things.

5. Be an ‘A’ student.

Dedicate yourself to your eating like you would dedicate yourself to passing an exam. Follow a 90/10 principle - i.e., 90% of the time, eat as described in this plan. This still allows you to eat 4 meals per week outside of the plan, and still be on course to lose weight, healthily.

6. Choose supplements for success.

Use natural supplements. If you're training MMA, fish oil is excellent, as it aids cognitive function, decreases joint pain and inflammation and accelerates fat loss. Also, whilst training, go for a drink which is approx. 2:1 carbs to protein.

Hope all this helps. Like I say, the key is to work on a new mindset based on these princinples, as opposed to a diet. Sustainability is essential. Soon, you'll make these choices naturally. Good luck!

4/15/12 5:59 PM
U4EA

^^^ don't to trash what you wrote there, but how about this?...

1) Eat foods we are evolved to eat (paleo foods) when you are hungry and don't eat more than you need to satisfy the hunger.
4/15/12 6:13 PM
UFCfan1002
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - ^^^ don't to trash what you wrote there, but how about this?...

1) Eat foods we are evolved to eat (paleo foods) when you are hungry and don't eat more than you need to satisfy the hunger.

Yep, interesting, but do you think it's functional for training mma?
4/19/12 3:24 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any diet you feel 100% on is good for Traning UFC :) one of my fellow IIN graduates wrote an article today "if you're a vegetarian and constantly crave meat, well then, have some %&*$ing meat" (she meant grass-fed organic beef) but the point is if you listen to your body then you should know the level it's performing at :)
4/19/12 5:32 PM
benji_man

Subbed Phone Post
4/19/12 7:55 PM
AlphaSlap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a great breakfast that is healthy and cheap, can also be used for desert.

1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 tablespoon ground flax
teaspoon of cinnamon (packet of Splenda or Stevia if you wish)
some dried Craisens, blueberries,pomegranite seeds etc
10-12 almonds

put in tupperware and shake that shit up, you will be full for at least three hours. Quinoa gives you ALL essential amino acids and protein, flax and almonds for fat and fiber, cinnamon and cranberries for antioxidents
4/20/12 12:07 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alpha, great stuff! I usually add a few more fruits to my breakfasts like kiwi, half a banana and a slice of canteloupe (sp? it's 4/20 sorry). I love the 10-12 almonds, I myself use 11 every morning! add some Maca powder and mmm!!!! I'm ready to take on the world!
4/21/12 12:32 AM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/21/12 5:58 AM
JFC1001
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I follow the primal blueprint way of eating by mark sisson and it's pretty cheap and easy. I only buy vegetables every 3 days do everything is fresh. Stop spending money on coffee for example and invest in your health instead with clean proteins and lots of vegetables. Phone Post
4/24/12 8:15 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub

Also fuck brown rice and whole wheat pasta, don't know how people eat that stuff.

White rice! Phone Post
4/25/12 7:19 AM
Inked624
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd Phone Post
4/25/12 11:55 AM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA,

Recipe looks good however when was chicken considered vegetarian? :)
4/25/12 12:32 PM
MarsMan
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlphaSlap - Here is a great breakfast that is healthy and cheap, can also be used for desert.

1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 tablespoon ground flax
teaspoon of cinnamon (packet of Splenda or Stevia if you wish)
some dried Craisens, blueberries,pomegranite seeds etc
10-12 almonds

put in tupperware and shake that shit up, you will be full for at least three hours. Quinoa gives you ALL essential amino acids and protein, flax and almonds for fat and fiber, cinnamon and cranberries for antioxidents

I'll definitely try this!
Thanks for posting
4/25/12 1:19 PM
U4EA

I was suggesting it is also good just cooked as a vegetarian dish...
4/27/12 12:25 PM
AlphaSlap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife made just made me this and I have to post it because I cannot believe how good it is.

3 egg whites 1 yolk
2 bananas
1/2 scoop Vanilla Praline whey
1 teaspoon cinnamon

put in blender and liquify

make pancakes in pan with coconut oil

no shit, tastes EXACTLY like banana pancakes without any flour or refined bullshit
4/27/12 5:20 PM
JFlash916

Subbed Phone Post
4/29/12 1:40 PM
Ringworm74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramen noodles. Friend got out of prison built as shit because that all he ate.

Ringworm Phone Post
4/29/12 2:22 PM
Whos the Bas

Sub Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.