UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Thin-Body Acoustic?

3/6/12 9:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spg
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I've been learning to play guitar for a while. I have a strat that I play pretty much all the time. The problem is that to drag out my amp and get everything setup is enough of a pain in the ass that I avoid practicing sometimes to avoid it.

So the obvious solution seems to be to get an acoustic guitar for when I just want to let it fly without a lot of setup. My wife plays an acoustic guitar and it feels like I'm holding the fucking titanic when I pick that thing up, it's so huge compared to my strat (not in weight, in volume). It's a whole new thing to get used to. Is there a thin-body acoustic guitar you guys could recommend that would be closer in size to my strat?
3/6/12 10:00 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acoustics and electrics are different beasts, you might want to look into something as simple as one of these 'plug' amps: www.voxamps.com/amplug/

3/12/12 5:37 PM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

expensive but caruthers makes a nice thin acoustic
3/12/12 7:05 PM
whaledog
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/12 1:27 AM
sreiter - expensive but caruthers makes a nice thin acoustic

Are those actual acoustics?  They look like they're solid body guitars meant to plug-in and sound acoustic.

When I think of thin body acoustics, I think of guitars like the Martin 00CXAE Thin Body Acoustic-Electric Guitar

As an aside, while Caruthers may do good work, I got fed up with the attitude at the shop. I wouldn't send him another dime.   
3/12/12 8:34 PM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah - you can play acoustic - i did.

i know what you mean about attitude, however, john was always very nice to me. gave me a tour of his whole shop, gave me a guitar lesson, very cool guy to me.
7/28/12 11:47 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have an Ovation celebrity deluxe A/E that has a very slim profile and a classic Ovation bright sound.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.