UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Filling my humidor - help me out

3/7/12 10:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoWdA101
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So just got my first humidor and it is seasoning now, should be ready in about a week. Now I have only been smoking cigars for about 2 months and am not even sure where to start. I will say that I have been smoking some of the smaller cigars as I simply don't have the time for the larger ones but am open to anything big. I have ordered a box of the A Fuentes Short Story cigars as they are excellent. I also might get a box of these carillo cigars they have at my local shop that I have enjoyed.

So, I am into lighter cigars right now which I am sure will change with time. Can anyone suggest a good cigar I should try out? I think, my humidor will fit about 200 cigars and I would like to get some good ones aging, any tips on where to start? I want to get this thing somewhat full, are there any cigars that are mist try's?
3/8/12 11:31 AM
joesonshuevos
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Given those 2 as a barometer, the new Vega Fina Edicion Limitada is great. Stronger: try the La Aurora 107 and La Flor Dominicana Air Bender. Milder: Aurora Cien Anos and CAO Osa.

BTW, all selections are Doms. If u wanna try some Nic cigars, the choices are nearly endless.

Salud
3/8/12 2:13 PM
Tidbits
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
3/23/12 6:09 PM
PoWdA101
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I bought a box of the Short Story's and am thinking a box of the CAO Gold Maduros next. Had one in a sampler and loved it. Anyone have anything to say about these?

I really liked the CAO Gold FWIW. I think it was the sweetness of the cigar. Anyone know of anything similar?
3/25/12 11:41 AM
joesonshuevos
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good idea is to research the blend and find something similar.

Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro- wrapper

Binder: Nicaraguan- binder

Filler: Nicaraguan- filler

Strength: Mild/Medium

4/5/12 2:29 PM
PoWdA101

Tidbits - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
I did the vintage 1992 and they were great but it almost seemed like the same cigar as the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway. Great cigar, is the 1990 that different?
4/5/12 2:55 PM
Tidbits
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like the mildness and flavor of the 1990. I have yet to try any other Rocky's, but if others are as good as the 90's I think I've found my brand.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.