UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belcher: I may submit Palhares

3/8/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I feel honored the UFC family wanted me to be on [the FOX] card and believed in my abilities and show the fans that I'm gonna be a champ. I'm one of the top contenders and I'm ready to prove it. I'd be stupid to try and force a grappling match. I'm gonna use my strength, my strategy, not that I can't grapple, but he can't really strike that good.

It's a huge advantage for me just by keeping it on the feet. He's gonna have to get me in one of those situations and I'm not gonna let that happen. Best of luck to him, I don't think he's gonna get a hold of me and do anything. I'm a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Some people might be surprised but I'll give him a nice little run on the ground and may submit him."

read entire article...

3/8/12 11:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/8/12 11:45 AM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might submit him - Loses knee
3/8/12 11:47 AM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

I think The Talent is going to surprise a lot of people here...
3/8/12 11:49 AM
CrazyPope
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably just an attempt to throw Palhares off his game.
3/8/12 11:49 AM
TrevorRice
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

belcher has much of chance of submitting Palhares as I do of having sex with Meghan Fox.
3/8/12 11:50 AM
ThinkMMA
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - I might submit him - Loses knee

Pre-Meme. Nice!
3/8/12 11:51 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the confidence. Nothing wrong with that. Submitting Palhares seems a little far fetched for him though
3/8/12 11:55 AM
MMALOGIC

Kendall Grove submitted Belcher...  Palhares could cripple him.
3/8/12 11:56 AM
sanno

CrazyPope - Probably just an attempt to throw Palhares off his game.

lol

3/8/12 11:59 AM
mje364
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think he meant to say submit to paul Harris Phone Post
3/8/12 12:12 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm a black belt in BJJ"

So are Massenzio, Branch, and Linhares is a 3rd degree black belt.

Stumpy eats black belts for breakfast. Phone Post
3/8/12 12:15 PM
spg
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is like when Miesha Tate said she wasn't worried about the armbar.
3/8/12 12:18 PM
ChangoBravo
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard fight for me. I'm a huge fan of both Palhares and Belcher.

Saw Belcher fight at 107 in Memphis. His stand up is so freaking awesome! He may be a BJJ blackbelt, but his only chance is to keep this fight standing!

If it goes to the ground, Palhares by soul-bar!

Chango
3/8/12 12:19 PM
Synado
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The one thing Belcher has going for him is his insane chin. If he could transport his chin to his knee caps he might win.
3/8/12 12:21 PM
Chris Power
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's definitely the superior striker, but if Belcher knows better he'll avoid sitting on the sidelines again for months with another serious injury.
3/8/12 12:24 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spg - This is like when Miesha Tate said she wasn't worried about the armbar.
Or when Weidman said he may submit Maia.... Phone Post
3/8/12 12:26 PM
KC007

I could definitely see Belcher winning. Not by submission though. It'd be by superior striking. Phone Post
3/8/12 12:29 PM
45forever
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No can defend Paul Harris leglock Phone Post
3/8/12 12:30 PM
Body Shots
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - I might submit him - Loses knee
This made me laugh!!

But I hope Belcher wins this fight!! Hope he TKO's him or wins a decision!! Phone Post
3/8/12 12:31 PM
MTH
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honest to God, Palhares is perhaps the most frightening opponent in the UFC. Belcher mentioned in an MMAJunkie interview that Joe Silva told him nobody wants to fight Palhares, and I believe it.

Belcher obviously has confidence, but I can't believe that anybody who ends up rolling with Palhares in the Octagon is thinking anything other than "Watch my legs watch my legs watch my legs OH GOD HE HAS MY FOOT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT . . . ." Obsessing over the possibility ends up sucking you in--I think Miesha Tate had some of that going on against Rousey.

I have a certain admiration for the Nick Diaz-engage-where-he's-strongest mentality, but I such hope Belcher's plan isn't really to test his BJJ here. Keep it standing and out kickbox the guy.
3/8/12 12:31 PM
MTH
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/12 12:31 PM
Double post.
3/8/12 12:33 PM
ALL DAY JAY

MMALOGIC -  Kendall Grove submitted Belcher...  Palhares could cripple him.

I agree. Kendalls BJJ is no joke. It is really pretty good. Paul Harris has top level Jiu Jitsu though. That dude can hang with anyone on the planet on the ground. I see a snaped leg in the future.
3/8/12 12:39 PM
Adamczuk

Phone Post
3/8/12 12:49 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carne de cavalo é o melhor - "I'm a black belt in BJJ"

So are Massenzio, Branch, and Linhares is a 3rd degree black belt.

Stumpy eats black belts for breakfast.

also is the only to submit Ivan Salaverry and beat good grapplers in Jeremy Horn and Dan Miller on the ground. You can make an argument Palhares has the best grappling in mma

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.