UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gene LeBell says Ronda Rousey would beat Bruce Lee

3/8/12 1:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmarecap
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/12 1:27 PM
MMA Recap, Owner

Ronda Rousey's Judo coach who also worked with Bruce Lee, Gene Lebell said Lee would do well in MMA, but "Ronda would have him for lunch".

Link to video - http://youtu.be/CDk1r0Uv8ks<
3/8/12 1:30 PM
Tweener

I have doubt once she got it down he'd be fucked. She's an Olympian. Phone Post
3/8/12 1:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alright, he's just trolling lol
3/8/12 1:38 PM
lildragonof
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha!! Gene is crazy as a bat, next hel be saying she can beat Chuck Norris. When Ronda tries to armbar Chuck her hip will brake.. Phone Post
3/8/12 1:38 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lee wasn't a big guy, and Rousey cetainly appears to be a monster. I saw a YouTube video of her hip-tossing an unsuspecting Bas Rutten yesterday, and the ease and speed with which she heaved him over was pretty surprising.

Would you find it shocking to learn that she could put up a hell of fight--maybe even win a few--against some mid-level pro male 125ers? I wouldn't. She'd have a weight advantage and her judo-for-MMA skills are obviously elite. It could very well come down to how many times they could find her chin before the inevitable hip toss or trip.

It'd be really interesting to hear what Johnson, McCall, etc. would say if they ever had the opportunity to train with her.
3/8/12 1:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/8/12 1:44 PM
Paperclip Willy

Ahem.

Yup, everyone's having a good time, playing along.

Anyone even half agreeing with this needs a girlfriend and some DVDs post stat.

Bruce Lee via inverted skull crack.
3/8/12 1:53 PM
Teddy KGB
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^true
3/8/12 2:51 PM
undisputed1972

She could beat Bruce Lee now because he's dead, she'd lose to a living and breathing version of the man though.

Forget Bruce for a minute, even I could put that chick in her place (the kitchen).
3/8/12 3:16 PM
TheDecider

UG News Headline....Gene Lebell "Bruce Lee is a dwarf".
3/8/12 3:57 PM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gene is tapping that...garaunteed!
3/8/12 4:01 PM
Alumynabjj

mmarecap - 

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/CDk1r0Uv8ks?version=3&hl=en_US", "postVideo-38463054-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-38463054"); Ronda Rousey's Judo coach who also worked with Bruce Lee, Gene Lebell said Lee would do well in MMA, but "Ronda would have him for lunch".

Link to video - http://youtu.be/CDk1r0Uv8ks<

SUCK IT BRUCE LEE NUT HUGGERS! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "bbbbut he would have beaten Aldo" LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
3/8/12 4:14 PM
Fredrico
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are so stupid. What's Rouseys best weapon: her armbar.Sifu Lee ain't having none of that

Blue namer please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoVe-FPVbUo
3/8/12 4:20 PM
WatchinMMA

ronda would snap his arm like a dry noodle
3/8/12 4:23 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruce Lee is severely mythologized. A relic from an age of dim mak, pressure points, lethal shots, chi and one inch punches. He'd have zero chance against Ronda. Clinch, takedown, mount, armbar.
3/8/12 4:27 PM
Bravo1
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo Gene= one of the first things he says is he has only worked with her a little and her OTHER coaches are the ones training her

Steven Segal= takes credit for everything

lol
3/8/12 4:28 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 03/08/12 4:30 PM
The perfect troll to send to MMA idiots.

Rousey would get KO'd by almost any guy over 180lbs, much less a guy who trained martial arts his whole life even if he wasn't heavier.

People just fucking forget, Martial Arts is NOT MMA, anything is fair. Rousey would try that armbar shit and Lee would hit her right in the esophagus. 

While she's trying on that armbar he'll be manipulating small joints breaking fingers. This is how you fight, and it doesn't have rules.
3/8/12 4:54 PM
UGCTT_Suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
3/8/12 4:57 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - The perfect troll to send to MMA idiots.

Rousey would get KO'd by almost any guy over 180lbs, much less a guy who trained martial arts his whole life even if he wasn't heavier.

People just fucking forget, Martial Arts is NOT MMA, <b>anything</b> is fair. Rousey would try that armbar shit and Lee would hit her right in the esophagus.

While she's trying on that armbar he'll be manipulating small joints breaking fingers. This is how you fight, and it doesn't have rules.<br type="_moz" />

But . . . .

(1) I think LeBell was referring to an MMA fight, not a "street" fight.
(2) Lee wasn't anywhere near 180 lbs.
(3) You're going to lose your elbow trying to go after fingers to escape armbars. Would Tate have won if small joint manipulation was legal? How about the poor saps getting leg locked by Paul Harris?
(4) If you're position to hit someone in the throat (not MMA legal) you're also positioned to punch them in the chin (MMA legal). I haven't seen a lot of armbars fended off in either manner.

So I'm not sure I get the argument here . . .

As another poster mentioned, Lee has been deeply mythologized. He was a forward-thinking, athletic, dedicated, martial artist. Impressive no doubt, but not superhuman.

Rousey's an Olympian and I'd bet that oddsmakers would put her at even money against mid-level pro male 125ers provided she'd be allowed to keep her weight advantage. I don't think she'd "eat him for lunch," but assuming Lee would be around a natural 125er I'd say those odds sound about right for him as well.
3/8/12 5:03 PM
Motivated Penn
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN: "Rousey would try that armbar shit and Lee would hit her right in the esophagus. "

Blue please!!!:
http://motivateurself.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/rape61.jpg
3/8/12 5:12 PM
Tapped Out Again
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Motivated Penn

3/8/12 5:18 PM
MTH

Edited: 03/08/12 5:22 PM
Shahanshah - He would strike her one time in the face and the fight would be over.

please folks, let's get real.

Why? Just because he's a guy? Or is it because he's . . . [cue dramatic music] . . . BRUCE LEE?!!!!!

Again, I'm not suggesting Rousey would smash many male fighters or smash Lee. But you can't deny that her skill set is elite, and that the smaller the guy gets the less natural advantage he's going to possess.

Rousey probably walks around now at about 145 lbs, and judging by how she ragdolls her opponents I would expect she is almost shockingly strong and explosive for a female. So while a 180 lb man is going to possess a substantial strength advantage over her, the gap to a 135 lb man isn't going to be nearly as far.

So if she can "make it a fight" with smaller male pro fighters--which I expect she can--then I'm not sure why Lee would fair any different. He might win more times than not, but I would not expect him (or any smaller male) to be able to just toss out a jab and waltz to victory.
3/8/12 5:19 PM
goku

l8
3/8/12 5:26 PM
notsobigmike
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people are forgetting why they have different divisions for men and women in ALL sports.

The strength advantage is just too much. Even with a 10-20 lb weight advantage, any serious pro-level 125'er (including Bruce Lee) is going to be able to wreck her.
3/8/12 5:29 PM
ABE FROMAN

MTH - 
ABE FROMAN - The perfect troll to send to MMA idiots.

People just fucking forget, Martial Arts is NOT MMA, <b>anything</b> is fair. Rousey would try that armbar shit and Lee would hit her right in the esophagus.

While she's trying on that armbar he'll be manipulating small joints breaking fingers. This is how you fight, and it doesn't have rules.<br type="_moz" />
But . . . .

(1) I think LeBell was referring to an MMA fight, not a "street" fight.
(2) Lee wasn't anywhere near 180 lbs.
(3) You're going to lose your elbow trying to go after fingers to escape armbars. Would Tate have won if small joint manipulation was legal? How about the poor saps getting leg locked by Paul Harris?
(4) If you're position to hit someone in the throat (not MMA legal) you're also positioned to punch them in the chin (MMA legal). I haven't seen a lot of armbars fended off in either manner.

So I'm not sure I get the argument here . . .

As another poster mentioned, Lee has been deeply mythologized. He was a forward-thinking, athletic, dedicated, martial artist. Impressive no doubt, but not superhuman.

Rousey's an Olympian and I'd bet that oddsmakers would put her at even money against mid-level pro male 125ers provided she'd be allowed to keep her weight advantage. I don't think she'd "eat him for lunch," but assuming Lee would be around a natural 125er I'd say those odds sound about right for him as well.
Why would you propose an MMA fight to a Martial Artist? It almost totally negates their style and offense. I SAID that a regular 180lb guy much less a lifelong martial artist would KO Ronda. 

All this 'Olympian' shit and she got beat to the punch every time by Tate. You can't be serious that the faster Bruce Lee would lose, she wouldn't lay a glove on him, much less get a chance to grapple.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.