UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> Seana update Good news and Bad news

3/9/12 12:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SeanasFight
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This past Monday, Seana got the results of her most recent cancer scan, unfortunately her cancer has continued to grow. She has been told that she is not a good candidate for any surgical procedures to remove the growing cancer as she is now too weak from the many rounds of chemo.

As a result of this news it is now clearer than ever that in this fight we have to pull out every stop we possibly can. In addition to starting Avastin, there are many supplementary treatments that were helping, that she stopped because she could no longer afford them, and many others that she never began. These treatments are available right here in Toronto under doctor supervision and we are going to do everything we can to make sure Seana gets any treatment that may improve her quality of life and fight against the disease.

The known cost for these treatments per year ranges from $25,000 to $48,000. Adding that to the $42,000 yearly cost of Avastin, brings our total fundraising goal to $90,000.

Ok enough with the bad news now some good news:

First, thanks to the generosity and hard work of the bjj community we have raised $10,000 already!!

Second, Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), a charity, which had previously turned down Seana’s request for funding of the Avastin treatment (like all other charities had), decided to reverse course and fund it. This is the first time her doctors have ever seen a decision reversed.

So what this mean? Our initial was goal was $90,000. Combining CCO’s funding of Avastin with the $10,000 already raised we have reached $52,000 of our goal.

Our goal is for Seana to have the best treatment and quality of life as possible, just as anyone would for someone they loved. We are thankful to everyone who is helping make this happen.

With so many academies joining Seana’s fight we know we will win.
Fight with Seana on March 17th

Thank you so much for your support in this fight.
3/9/12 9:15 AM
JHR
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
 TTT
3/9/12 8:50 PM
Dougie
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTeh
3/10/12 12:36 AM
KrazyRussian

ttt

all that is amazing. keep it up!
3/10/12 5:01 PM
xIanx
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/11/12 4:10 PM
uberpinscher
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oss - just got back from Sunday roll. TBJJ is an amazing place. I am looking forward to the 17th. Phone Post
3/12/12 11:22 AM
Robin Black
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/12/12 3:38 PM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of academies are holding an event at their own facility, this is going to be awesome!!!
3/15/12 9:27 AM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT!!!!
3/16/12 8:03 AM
Dougie
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just curious, have places like Wellspring or have organizations like the Canadian Cancer Society been helpful for her?
3/27/12 10:54 AM
SeanasFight

Hi Dougie sorry for taking long to reply I'm not on this board much.

The CCS has been helpful recently. I'm not 100% sure if she has been using the services at Wellspring specifically but she has been using community resources. I think CCAC more then Wellspring. I will ask when I see her later today!

Cheers
Melissa

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.