UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Looking at going to New York. Help?

3/9/12 10:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Darth_Vladar
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possible FRAT, but I would appreciate it..

As the title says.. I am looking at going to New York. I am aiming at going there around the end of May all the way to August time. The timing of the visit would depend on work, but that is a non issue at the moment. Length of stay would be between 7 - 10 nights. I am swinging more to the 7 nights personally. It is likely to be myself and a chick. Not majorly fussed on expense as long as it is not obviously over the top silly money, common sense as much as possible please :)

I am from the UK, have always wanted to go there just because. Seeing as I am not a travel expert by any stretch of the imagination I have come to the next best place - you guys. As many of you have been and done everything, including fight aliens and confronting demons in woods.

There are tonnes of articles I can find on the internet I know, however they are all pretty much samey with little to no first hander reviews etc. Far too salesman type for me.

I would love it if you guys who live there/been there many times could share some information on stuff like:

- Best places to stay and why so
- Best areas and why
- Cool things to do in those places
- Restaurants
- Bars/Clubs
- Shows
- Cheesy tourist spots
- Activities (that don't involve making bunk beds)
- Shopping areas
- Boring sight seeing things
- Do's & Don't of the place

You know, just the normal information and tips would be appreciated massively.

Grassy arses emigos.
3/9/12 10:35 AM
Darth_Vladar
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/09/12 10:37 AM

**Double post. Oops.
4/9/12 6:38 PM
Bobby Lupo
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me what you like to do normally and I'll give some ideas.

Here's a few off of the top of my head.

Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
Eat at Momofuku or Milk Bar
Stay in Manhattan. Do it right
Pizza at Lombardi's 

5/9/12 10:47 PM
Randy Marsh
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.