UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Getting posters framed

3/9/12 1:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Big Shot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know we have folks from the Cleveland area or surrounding areas in here. I'm looking to getting some of my posters framed. How much does it typically cost? High end? Low end? Where is a good place to go? Can you trust the people who frame your posters? Should you frame them yourselves? Any input would be great. Thanks!
3/9/12 2:12 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/

is a great place to get custom framing for posters. they are front loading, uv protected, acid free frames so your posters will be well protected and they are very affordable compared to getting your posters professionally framed. they can make them to fit any size poster. I got my first two from them and will go back in the future for all of my frames.
3/9/12 2:54 PM
Dawggy
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get most of my frames from michaels. They always have 40% off sales. 27 x 40 frames are $40 and 18 x 24 frames are $21. After the 40% off you can get some good deals. They also sell acid free paper for backing. Haven't done any custom framing yet, but I plan to and definitely won't use michaels for it. You get what you pay for. Phone Post
3/9/12 3:49 PM
jeepdog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah dawggy we are in the same boat. We usually have 60% off custom framing down here too but I haven't tried that yet.
3/9/12 3:55 PM
calgarymma

Hey Ritchie , have you framed anything using there B1 poster frame ? wondering how there fitment is on a Pride B1
3/9/12 4:22 PM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No I only got ufc 39x27 size posters framed. they make any size however so i wouldn't think that would be a problem. I talked with Robert and we decided the best way was to measure the poster and add 1/8" to both height and width. This way the border covers some but not much of the poster. the two i had made look great.

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww121/rgreaser/UFCTUF1Finale-EventSignedPoster.jpg

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww121/rgreaser/UFC134SilvavsOkami-EventSignedPoster.jpg
3/9/12 4:41 PM
Dawggy
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm curious about that too. I have a b1 pride poster I'd like framed hut have never ordered from that site. Jeepdog, we have 60% off custom framing too bur the horror stories I've heard from michaels make me want to go elsewhere for custom framing. Phone Post
3/9/12 4:46 PM
calgarymma

im going to re meeasure the two I have then order at least one to test it
3/9/12 4:48 PM
Big Shot

Yo Ritchie! Quick question bro. Do you send them your poster and have it framed? Or do you give the dimensions and they ship you your frame? Also shouldn't they be matted for protection from condensation? Do they provide that as well? How much have your frames cost for your posters?
3/9/12 5:57 PM
RitchieGreaser

here is how it works. You send them the measurements and they send you the frames to assemble. They are extremely easy to put together. you get 2 overlays, one glossy and one non glare. you put the poster in between these overlays and then put it in the frame and close all four sides. Once the frame is on the wall it is front opening so you never have to take the frame down, just switch out posters of the same size. the overlays are acid free and uv protected so no fading or deterioration.

I would think matting is personal preference, but make sure it is acid free matting and if you don't have uv protection then you could have some fading on the exposed part of the poster compared to the part that is hidden from light. these are not glass overlays so i do not think condensation is a problem. The poster frames were $80 each.

if you go to the site and hit the contact us and ask robert all of your questions he can definitely hep you out. He was very good to work with and responded back very quickly.
3/9/12 5:58 PM
ricksongjj

I havent taken in any posters yet but the place I have taken shirts/shorts to be framed would be about $75 for B2 poster for a pretty nice frame.
3/9/12 6:12 PM
gage949
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Michaels near my house said they don't sell acid free paper larger than 24x36 Phone Post
3/9/12 6:33 PM
Big Shot

Ritchie, you are a great help bro. I will definitely hit them up. I was kinda scared about leaving my posters anywhere to get framed. Never know, someone copy print and put your shit in a frame and keep the original. This I think is a safer and better alternative for me. Thanks!
3/9/12 6:43 PM
jeepdog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gage get the acid free matting. They sell it in 30×40 pages. That what I did
3/9/12 6:44 PM
ricksongjj

Ritchie-Is it $80 for a 27x39 frame?
3/9/12 6:45 PM
ricksongjj

Nevermind just re read your post.
3/9/12 6:45 PM
RitchieGreaser

No problem at all. The chip guy was the first to tell me about spotlight displays and i love the frames and robert will go into as much detail and answer any and all questions you have. Any of my posters that are worth framing are worth framing right so they stay in the condition they are in now.
3/9/12 6:47 PM
RitchieGreaser

yes. the 39 1/8 x 27 1/8 frame was $80 each. they are less expensive the smaller they are.
3/10/12 1:26 AM
kimuralock

ordered frames from them and was very pleased. Got my B1 framed at Michaels. And paid 248 for that.  I would go with ordering online.
3/10/12 9:25 AM
ThirdJackson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to Michael's once and noticed the 60% off custom framing. Went up to the counter, mind you this was for a hockey jersey, asked what the price was with the discount and the lady said around $400.

Moral of the story, sports jerseys are always expensive or that 60% off is nonsense. Phone Post
3/10/12 10:00 AM
Dawggy

jeepdog - Gage get the acid free matting. They sell it in 30×40 pages. That what I did
This. Phone Post
3/10/12 10:24 AM
the chip guy

Thanks for spreading the word Ritchie! Spotlight frames are kick ass and Robert is cool to work with, Hix, it's worth every penny of the money you will spend! I'll be getting the rest of my custom frames from there. Phone Post
3/10/12 10:49 AM
the chip guy

Oh, if any of you guys decide to buy from spotlight, let Robert know Ritchie recommended him to you, he'll get a 10% off his next order coupon if you do. Phone Post
3/10/12 10:53 AM
D1N0

I'm gonna order from spotlight displays soon. I don't really trust michaels and don't want to pay an arm & a leg.

Thanks for everyones input.
3/10/12 11:54 AM
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good info, thanks fellas.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.