UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> As promised Fake UFC 22 vs Real UFC 22

3/10/12 7:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/12 7:19 PM

As promised months ago, I said I would post a picture of a comparison of a fake UFC 22 poster vs a real UFC 22 poster. <br /><br />Blue namer please:<br /><br />[IMG]http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/1millermaxi83/other006.jpg[/IMG]

<a href="http://s1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/1millermaxi83/?action=view&current=other006.jpg" target="_blank">
3/10/12 8:52 PM
the chip guy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/10/12 8:53 PM
 Posted for Sambo

3/10/12 8:55 PM
the chip guy

Copy and paste this like for details on spotting a fake

http://s1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/1millermaxi83/?action=view&current=other006.jpg
3/10/12 8:56 PM
SamboReigns
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks chip, I originally posted a comparison description of the two posters along with the pictures, something got screwed up in the process, but I will have to post that link tomorrow when i can get back onto a desktop. My phone sucks.
3/10/12 8:57 PM
SamboReigns

Nevermind chip did it for me while I was typing.
3/10/12 9:09 PM
the chip guy

Edited: 03/10/12 9:09 PM

Thanks for the comparison pic's Sambo! I know a few people here who are trying to hunt down a real 22, hopefully they can keep them from wasting their hard earned cash on fake shit!

3/10/12 9:33 PM
SamboReigns

the chip guy - <p>Thanks for the comparison <span class="squiggly" title="To see spelling suggestions, click this word" word="pic's" state="new" splc="splc">pic's</span> <span class="squiggly" title="To see spelling suggestions, click this word" word="Sambo" state="new" splc="splc">Sambo</span>! I know a few people here who are trying to hunt down a real 22, hopefully they can keep them from wasting their hard earned cash on fake shit!</p> 

I know, 3rd times the charm for me personally. I purchased one fake from flyingtoehold on eBay for like $200 and another from Cam for like $120. Finally I found a legit 22. Its never leaving the collection now.
3/10/12 11:22 PM
ricksongjj

Damn it! Looks like my signed poster is a fake.
3/10/12 11:29 PM
ricksongjj

Thanks for posting this for us to see.Great info.
3/10/12 11:45 PM
Big Shot

What about a fake 11 or 1? UFC poster that is?
3/10/12 11:47 PM
Big Shot

Another marker for me on the 22 is on franks neck you see a mole on the real one. On the fake one there is no mole on franks neck.
3/11/12 12:23 AM
SamboReigns

ricksongjj - Thanks for posting this for us to see.Great info.

No problem, if we all did more of these comparisons we'd all save ourselves time, money and the stress of being stuck with a fake. I got the idea when someone did the comparison with the Ufc 5 posters.
3/11/12 12:28 AM
SamboReigns

Big Shot -  Another marker for me on the 22 is on franks neck you see a mole on the real one. On the fake one there is no mole on franks neck.

There's definitely more dead giveaways between real and fake, I tried to point out the most obvious indications in my analysis. The SEG flag towards the bottom is also a brighter red color, and the measurements are close, but not exact. Good catch on Frank's mole big shot, I got distracted by the honker on Tito's shoulder lol.
3/11/12 12:29 AM
Big Shot

Lol. He could literally stab someone with that thing. Lol
3/11/12 12:39 AM
SamboReigns

The last good batches of real Ufc 22's to surface was when Joe Rogan's secretary/man servant threw a bunch on eBay 3-4 if i remember correctly. However, the problem was most maybe even all were damaged. They had large tares, some missing small chunks, and some were badly creased. They still sold though ofcourse. His 11's, 12's and 18's were in decent shape. But his Ufc Japan #1 posters were Near Mint/Mint. Murph I think purchased like 50% of those lol.
3/11/12 12:48 AM
Big Shot

Anyone have an 11 for sale? What's the going price for one of those? How do you spot an authentic 11 from a fake?
3/11/12 1:22 AM
SamboReigns

"Back then" 07' I paid around $200 for a XI, however it was real. The one up now could be a fake, the color looks dull, but it could be his camera or lighting? Yuma, thinks it could be a Cam special lol. I know that sell all to well.
3/11/12 8:21 AM
jamesrudy380
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for posting this. I dug my 22 out and checked it. Its real, but has alot of damage.
3/17/12 5:34 PM
ricksongjj

Why were the photos removed.That was good info.
3/17/12 8:32 PM
judojitsu

blah wish i saw this earlier.
Can someone adress this poster, pretty sure it is fake since the last one on ebay was over $500 and this one is barely $50, but how can you tell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190651467874
3/17/12 8:53 PM
SamboReigns

Some people here claim that the no rules vidmark up right now on ebay is a fake, I wouldn't be 100% sure because I never owned that particular poster, however scroll down a few threads the chip guy posted a comparison of vidmark posters in a contest he is running now. Check it out. As far as the 22's that are up I can speak from my own experience that I believe those are copies of the original. Sorry I removed the picture.
3/17/12 9:20 PM
the chip guy

That no rules is a fake, a bunch of different people have made fakes of that one.... the one on ebay right now is a "cam special" the size is to small and it's missing lettering on the bottom.
3/17/12 9:51 PM
ricksongjj

SamboReigns - Some people here claim that the no rules vidmark up right now on ebay is a fake, I wouldn't be 100% sure because I never owned that particular poster, however scroll down a few threads the chip guy posted a comparison of vidmark posters in a contest he is running now. Check it out. As far as the 22's that are up I can speak from my own experience that I believe those are copies of the original. Sorry I removed the picture.

Why did you remove the picture?
3/17/12 10:35 PM
SamboReigns

It was sandwich between my collection on Photobucket, so I just deleted it without really thinking. I still have the picture, I can re-upload it when I get a chance. Easiest way to check is like I said, water should be blue behind Ultiman NOT purple. If yoy watch old Ufc events the mat has blue water behind the Ultiman, so that should be the indicator. Beaties Boxes have the blue water behind Ultiman etc. I've owned all three versions that I know existed, Cam special had purple water No mole on Tito. 2nd version that just ended on Ebay had purple water, lightness to Tito's mole and pale skin. Real version, Blue water, clear as day mole on Tito's shoulder.
3/17/12 10:39 PM
ricksongjj

I just wanted jump kick to see the photo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.