UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> I did good...(pic)

3/11/12 3:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dajuisher
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Walked into a good will today, and found this for $50!

Acoustic Corp G12-112 (123) guitar amp Circa 1981
120 Watt Solid State 2 channel with Reverb and 5 band EQ and speaker out
12" Eminence speaker with a square magnet

Didnt have the foot pedal with it, so will have to pick something up.

Really good clean channel and nice gain channel for a solid state amp, very warm.

3/12/12 11:09 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice score! I've never seen one of those combos. I've got one of their old solid state heads from the 70's, Robbie Krieger style. Great clean tone and the worst built in Fuzz effect ever.

For some reason it also has a polarity flip switch right on the front so you can shock your friends.
3/12/12 1:52 PM
Dajuisher
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is part of their "Brown Tolex Series". I bough this originally to turn around a profit, but I like the sound, so keeping it around for a while.

They also had a tube version that was made of wood that looks pretty cool.

3/12/12 2:30 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That tube version is pretty sweet. If it sounds good you might as well hold on to it, I don't think these things have much resale value.
Here's what mine is like, I fogot about the super handy electronic tuning fork!

3/12/12 2:58 PM
Dajuisher

DasBeaver -  That tube version is pretty sweet. If it sounds good you might as well hold on to it, I don't think these things have much resale value.
Here's what mine is like, I fogot about the super handy electronic tuning fork!

That thing looks awesome!

Ya, I dont think the resale value is something to retire off of, but I know I can get a couple hundred for it at least. Thats a pretty good profit since I paid $50.

I am guessing that someone died and dropped it off because I always wondered why someone would give it to good will. I hope when I die, my kids dont drop my music gear off.

3/12/12 4:40 PM
DasBeaver

That's great man, good turnover. I can only manage to lose money on the deals I find, it's my special talent.
3/13/12 4:17 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like a hell of a deal!! I`ll give you $75. ;)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.