UnderGround Forums

Oklahoma Underground >> OK State Boxing Commission

3/11/12 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oumatt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does the state boxing commission sanction pro wrestling, but not BJJ and submission wrestling? The potential for injury seems much higher when its not scripted. Phone Post
3/11/12 9:19 PM
jujitsujamo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why should taxes from the UFC, WWE and TNA pay for the commission to oversee local events? I can kind of see Danas point.

As far as Pro wrestling is concerned - years ago Vince McMahon had the WWE classified as sports entertainment in New Jersey so they were not restricted by the NJ athletic commission. I am sure if pushed, the same could happen here. When Raw/Smackdown come here, I am certain the commission makes a nice chunk of change off the gate.

I am bummed as I had planned to return to the wrestling ring on April 28 for SRPW but that may not happen now.

Regarding the boxing commission overseeing grappling tournaments - my understanding is they will not be classified as combat sports. And the commission will only oversee events classified as combat sports.

I am not saying the commission should not be involved in all of these sports - as they do a great job in protecting the participants. But the funding needs to be looked at. Phone Post
4/6/12 10:33 PM
pcuzz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am wondering if they regulated wrestling so they could justify taking PPV revenue? Anything else makes no sense. I talked to several local "pro" wrestlers and they said the events around here are never sanctioned by the OKAC.
4/8/12 11:09 AM
Zilla2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The OSAC santioned 212 live professional wrestling events last year. Any event held without a permit from the state is illegal.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.