UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Michigan open judo champinhips sunday 3/18

3/12/12 7:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AT MSU. Flyer for this even is at:

http://konanjudo.wordpress.com for weight categories/divisions/entry form.
3/16/12 8:00 AM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there.
3/17/12 7:58 AM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Competing or coaching?
3/17/12 11:43 AM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

competing.
3/19/12 3:04 PM
mortician

It was a pretty good event.
3/19/12 8:01 PM
judoblackbelt

Glad you and your coach Quincy enjoyed It. What was your record and did you place top 3? Your Brkt 100+K novice is always stacked with usually 5-8 players. All your fights were tuff. You fought well.
3/19/12 10:06 PM
mortician

judoblackbelt - Glad you and your coach Quincy enjoyed It. What was your record and did you place top 3? Your Brkt 100+K novice is always stacked with usually 5-8 players. All your fights were tuff. You fought well.

I did both novice and brwn/black and didn't place in the novice but got 3rd in the brwn/black. Who are you?
3/19/12 10:13 PM
mortician

Edited: 03/19/12 10:15 PM
When is the next closest shiai?
3/20/12 8:39 AM
judoblackbelt

I did the weigh-ins and talked to you and Quincy about the rules. The next Michigan tournament is in Grand Rapids called the Furniture Open and is part of the Meijer State Games in Grand Rapids. All the events are on the Michigan Konan website:

http://konanjudo.wordpress.com
3/20/12 10:58 AM
Train Judo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should have more guys at the next one bro...Need to get them some shiai experience to advance rank..

That said, Worst ippon ever called on one of andrews matches, the criteria for ippon is getting a bit ridiculous...I mean the dude was on his knees and rolled andrew through with makikomi and they called it ippon...FROM HIS KNEES!
3/20/12 11:01 AM
Train Judo

But at as always, the tournament was well run and everyone was very cool...None of the stuffy look down the end of your nose types:)
3/20/12 11:12 AM
mortician

judoblackbelt - I did the weigh-ins and talked to you and Quincy about the rules. The next Michigan tournament is in Grand Rapids called the Furniture Open and is part of the Meijer State Games in Grand Rapids. All the events are on the Michigan Konan website:

http://konanjudo.wordpress.com

Ok. Thanks for help on the rules. Thanks for the link I might be competing in that one as well.
3/20/12 11:17 AM
Train Judo

Maybe you could go for a jog or two before that one gassy....:)
3/20/12 11:19 AM
mortician

Train Judo - Maybe you could go for a jog or two before that one gassy....:)

Lol. Yeah.
3/21/12 7:15 AM
judoblackbelt

Glad both of you could be there helping promote Michigan Judo. These local tournaments are excellent developement tools for your fighters in the Novice ranks. Everyone helping out for the tournament is really doing their best. And is all volunteer. Still the #1 general complaint is always the officiating. Becasue of all the subjectivity of the scores/penalties. Did any of the 2 side judges disagree(wave off the ippon for wazari/yuko?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.