UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leben: Positive drug test 'best thing' for me

3/12/12 5:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I've battled drugs and alcohol," Leben said on The MMA Hour. "I've battled with those for my entire life. I've had an issue with being addicted to painkillers for years now. I had some issues with my camp and it was almost a cry for help. I knew I was going to get caught and I just didn't care at the time. I'm extremely embarrassed, I feel like I let down the UFC, but at the same time I think getting caught is probably the best thing to ever happen to me. The UFC has been unbelievable, they sent me to a rehab facility and they really took care of me."

Leben said he knew he had the oxycodone and oxymorphone pills with him at the UFC event in England knowing he would be drug tested, and that while he hoped he could force himself off the pills just long enough to get through the fight and start taking them again afterward, as the fight approached he just couldn't stop.

"My wife had brought them to me for after the fight, and I had tapered off them for the fight, but there were some issues, a lot of stress, and I cracked," Leben said. "It was as simple as that. I knew they were there and I cracked. I couldn't hold out."

read entire article...

3/12/12 5:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nyhcloyalty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Leben bettering himself. Good luck Chris Crippler. Phone Post
3/12/12 5:53 PM
Floppy Divac
498 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edit the title to say testS while you still can.
3/12/12 5:58 PM
merr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he should find a new woman who isn't such an enabler or at least have his wife goto treatment as well.
3/12/12 5:59 PM
T Sauce
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Cat Smasher. Can't wait to see him back putting the stamp on kids. Phone Post
3/12/12 6:12 PM
showuswhereyourfingersleeps
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much respect for Leben maning up and facing his issues. Hope he comes back strong cause I enjoy watching the kid fight.
3/12/12 6:55 PM
palerider101
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crippler!!!
3/12/12 7:04 PM
SCRAPPER
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Battling an addiction sucks. Good luck to him getting the help he needs.
3/12/12 7:09 PM
mixedmartialmike

Love watching Chris fight was very disappointed when I heard about the drugs but hopefully it was for the best he got caught and he has got the help he needs to stay clean. Phone Post
3/12/12 7:15 PM
MattBenwa
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he's able to turn it around, addiction of any kind sucks.
3/12/12 7:15 PM
NotJustA12er

palerider101 - Crippler!!!
Future legend .
It's funny really to see him now . When he was comming up on TUF you would have never imagined he would have a long UFC career .

This guy could sell a main event anywhere . Win or lose he has good fights .

Congrats on the rehab leban . Hope we see you being a crippler again soon . Phone Post
3/12/12 7:17 PM
Authority Figure

I was all teary eyed until he said his wife smuggled painkillers into England and handed them to him as he was trying to quit.
3/12/12 7:18 PM
sillypants

Addition is just fine to work with, when it doesn't affect your life. By and large, it doesn't affect most people's lives, even though they're clearly addicted to a thing. Good for manning up to it. (clearly not his wife's fault, as brought up above).

3/12/12 7:32 PM
Roidie McDouchebag

Sounds like he got his shit together, good for him.
3/12/12 7:34 PM
I love Lampmann
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I before the mighty faggot fiercedragon Phone Post
3/12/12 7:57 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Big fan of Leben. Phone Post
3/12/12 7:58 PM
vandelay
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him, props to zuffa also for sticking by him and helping him out Phone Post
3/12/12 8:17 PM
D241

Not that I condone taking illegal substances as an advantage, but kudos and it's about damn time that a fighter owns up to it and is just honest. He had pressure, had problems with it before, tried to fight it, but couldn't.

That is believable, and understandable.
3/12/12 8:18 PM
Hessian
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Zuffa will stand beside him the next DUI if he kills someone.

3/12/12 8:25 PM
D241

superCalo - 
D241 -  Not that I condone taking illegal substances as an advantage, but kudos and it's about damn time that a fighter owns up to it and is just honest. He had pressure, had problems with it before, tried to fight it, but couldn't.

That is believable, and understandable.
He did own up to it true, by blaming his wife for giving him the drugs. Phone Post

Still though, behind every great man's downfall, is a woman who is the cause. I applaud him for calling her out on her bullshit  :)
3/12/12 9:27 PM
RandyDarsh
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wowwwwwwwww I kind of figured this was the case though Phone Post
3/12/12 9:38 PM
ChicagoTom
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Lampmann - I before the mighty faggot fiercedragon Phone Post
Funny I scrolled through the comments looking for fiercedragon too, although I don't think he's a faggot- just a leben hater. Phone Post
3/12/12 9:59 PM
Blazing Knees

He's my favorite fighter for more than one reason. I hope he gets a handle on it
3/12/12 10:08 PM
headroll
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel bad for Chris. I used to not like the guy but I've turned into a big fan the past few years. Phone Post
3/12/12 10:12 PM
ChrisLebensChin
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always will be a fan!!! Get better then get back in the ufc and start beating dat ass!!! WAR LEBEN! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.