UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha: I would love a rematch

3/12/12 7:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Everyone in the sport anticipated it could happen. After weeks of trash talk, challenger Ronda Rousey sunk an armbar on champion Miesha Tate. Tate refused to tap until the elbow gave way.

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/SNAP.gif

Would Tate have tapped earlier to any other opponent?

"It's possible," Tate admitted on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour.

"Obviously I knew going into that. It didn't catch me by surprise. A lot of people like Bryan say, ‘you're crazy. How did you not tap to that?' I think because I was prepared for that mentally. Not that I was ever planning on being there, but I knew that if I got into that position, it was a realistic possibility, and so I was prepared.

"I felt my arm go in, and I was like, ‘you know, I don't want to tap. And I didn't. So I felt my hand touch the back of her thigh and I knew everything was really bad. I just didn't know at that point. I didn't feel there was a way out of it. I had idea how much longer there was on the clock and it just felt like things were getting worse and worse. And I was like, ‘I just don't know how much of this my arm can take.' I think that's when common sense started to settle in, rather than pure stubbornness."

"I, personally, would love the opportunity to have a rematch. I think at a high level, it takes one mistake. Anyone can make a mistake at any moment and someone's able to capitalize on that.

"I don't feel that Ronda proved anything other than what she's already (proved) -- that she has one thing that she's great at. Really phenomenal at. But everything else, I could beat her. Give me another shot. I think it was competitive. I think for the most part I was probably winning. And I think at a competitive high level, one day one person could beat the one person, and the other day the other person would beat the other person."

"I wanted to go out there and I wanted to make a very bold statement. I'm not just a cute girl. I'm not here to be cute for the camera. I wanted to show that women's MMA is legit. We come out there and we fight very, very hard.

"We can definitely carry the main event. We can definitely draw the numbers. We can definitely entertain, and we're also really skilled. And I think that, in the big picture, we accomplished that."

Read entire article...

3/12/12 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ZJJitsu705
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no rematch, the victory was much too decisive. 
3/12/12 7:34 PM
nhbguy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well you can say this for Miesha, she's no coward.
3/12/12 7:36 PM
mixedmartialfarts
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

typo alert:  "Would Rousey have tapped earlier to any other opponent?"
3/12/12 7:38 PM
Kirik
1627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
mixedmartialfarts - typo alert:  "Would Rousey have tapped earlier to any other opponent?"

TYVM
3/12/12 7:38 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol no. She got owned Phone Post
3/12/12 7:42 PM
mixedmartialfarts
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
mixedmartialfarts - typo alert:  "Would Rousey have tapped earlier to any other opponent?"

TYVM

No problem glad to help!
3/12/12 7:45 PM
Thacommish
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at the highest level 1 mistake is all it takes, unfortunately in this fight you made the same mistake twice
3/12/12 7:46 PM
UGCTT_tonetone
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she needs a fight or 3 first.
3/12/12 7:53 PM
nhbguy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It does seem unlikely that she could prevent the takedown which is what it would take for her to beat Ronda. Unfortunately for Meisha, she's also not a strong enough stand up fighter to really make Ronda pay if she could keep it standing. She had her moments on the ground with Ronda, but I think Rousey is a better grappler than her and would most likely sub her the vast majority of the time.
3/12/12 7:53 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ZJJitsu705 - no rematch, the victory was much too decisive. 

3/12/12 7:57 PM
mje364
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So her right arm can match her left arm? Phone Post
3/12/12 7:57 PM
Master Shredder
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL yea right no she doesnt
3/12/12 8:02 PM
French Fries Malone
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's get through the physio first honey Phone Post
3/12/12 8:03 PM
ABE FROMAN

She beat Ronda up at every other angle EXCEPT the ground.
3/12/12 8:06 PM
judom
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @Tate...she got totally obliterated. She got caught in an arm bar 40 seconds into the fight. Got taken down 3 times and controlled and got her elbow permanently damaged.

Her grappling is miles below Ronda's and she will never catch-up.

She knew the armbar was coming and she got caught not once but twice in 4 minutes.
3/12/12 8:09 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" I think for the most part I was probably winning."

What an odd thing to say.
3/12/12 8:09 PM
JG_WentWorth

Ha Ha. A rematch !!! Get the EFFF out of here. Ronda schooled this gal. Go practice with Bryan.. They are about the same level...
3/12/12 8:13 PM
judom
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how Tate says:" at a high level anything can happen.."

This girl needs a reality check, you'd think after getting permanent elbow damage she'd know better.

Tate is so far away from the level of Rousey's grappling its not even funny.
3/12/12 8:14 PM
SOO72

MT is nuts. She lost, and would lose again. It wasn't a close fight.
3/12/12 8:16 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

ABE FROMAN - She beat Ronda up at every other angle EXCEPT the ground.

LOL. she didnt even last one round.

3/12/12 8:17 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to get some fresh air, regroup, read a novel, undergo shock therapy. Phone Post
3/12/12 8:25 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro Phone Post
3/12/12 8:34 PM
Neil Funk

Abe is right. Ronda wanted no part of Miesha standing up, and had absolutely nothing for her there.

However, gravity will always be on Ronda's side, and when the fight hits the ground, that arm is toast 99 times out of 100.

A rematch will be the end of Miesha's mixed martial arts career. Can an arm be ripped from it's socket more than once without sustaining severe long-term damage?
3/12/12 8:35 PM
Humphrey

I'm not just a cute girl. I'm not here to be cute for the camera.

forgive me but the images of her plastered all over the web say differently

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.